CHAPTER 37

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"So who initiated it?" 


"Initiate what?" Chen pretends like he didn't know what Chanyeol was talking about. 


"What else? The kiss." 


"Um..." Chen hesitated.


"Well if you're not going to talk about it, explain to us the story behind this picture then!" Luhan joined in, showing him the picture Baekhyun had accidentally sent on the group chat. 


This was probably the first time that is known that one of them had lost their first kiss. Not like the others have not, this is just one particular topic that nobody dares to talk about or to share unless they got caught kissing by the other member. Chen, unfortunately, was the first amongst all of them. 



Chen looked at each and every member. Their eyes on him, obviously waiting for an answer. Except for Baekhyun, who looked away avoiding eye contact.


"Yah!" Chen yelled, looking at Baekhyun. "Are you happy now!?" 



Baekhyun flinched and then looked down, guilty over what he did. 


When he realised the other members were still fixing their gaze on him, it became intimidating for him. 


"Of course I was the one who initiated it!" he calmly said. Their eyes got wider upon hearing his reply. "What? How long more do you think I can take when she was ignoring me like that? I'm behaving like a man should, didn't I?" 


"And was that your first kiss?" Chanyeol shot him another question. 


"I guess not." he smirked. 


"What?!" the members, surprised.


"W-h-h-en was the first time then?!" Kai asked. 


"Why should I tell you? That's for me to know and for you to find out!" Chen said. 


"Eyy, why are you keeping your secret from us!" 


"Who says it was a secret?! It's something that we ourselves don't disclose to each other, and it just happened that you guys know now because of one particular person, right Baekhyun-ssi?"


"N-neh..." Baekhyun replied quietly. He could recall vividly how they behaved like kids running around the corridors of the school.


Baekhyun got hell from Chen when he got caught after running away from him that day. Chen left minor scars on him, playfully beating him when he was caught. Baekhyun just accepts his punishment. 


"You idiot! Ah you're embarrassing me now Byun Baekhyun!" he threw light punches at him. 


"Ahh!!!" he shut his eyes tight. "Mianhae Jongdae!" he screamed as he tried to release himself from him. 



It was a bad memory for Baekhyun, getting laughed at by the few girls who walked passed him. It was embarrassing.


"You guys wouldn't want the same thing happening to you... it's crazy. Jongdae was... a monster. " Baekhyun told everyone. 

 



Things went back to normal after that day. Occassionally, Mi Hyun would join the other boys for meals. And jokers like Chanyeol would purposely ask questions about the kiss they both shared, putting Mi Hyun in an awkward situation.


"Was he a violent kisser, Mi Hyun-ssi?"


"Yah!"


"Uh..."


Chen would quickly step in to change the topic to protect Mi Hyun from being more embarrassed when that happens. Often, whenever Chen went to meet Mi Hyun, the members would and scare him, saying ridiculous things like how the cameras are following him around and he needs to be careful. But that didn't affect him at all. 


One day, Chen was asked by Mi Hyun's mother to come over for dinner. He got himself dressed up nicely to impress his mother-in-law and even prepared her a small gift. Only Ji Eun knows where her brother was heading to. He had left his phone at the couch in the living room when she saw the text from his girlfriend. 


"Baby, eomma said you can come over at 7pm for dinner later."

Baby~♡ 
Sent 13:57 28th April 2013



"Baby?" Jieun asked herself, trying to imagine her brother. "Disgusting."


Just then, her mom walked into the room just in time and heard her. 


"What are you talking about Ji-eun ah..." her mother asked. Jieun flinched. 


"Nothing." she tried her best to hide. But her mother was smart enough to know she was keeping something from her. The screenlight from her brother's phone got her attention. It was a picture of Mi Hyun and her son.


"Omona! My son has found himself a girlfriend~" she took the phone in her hands. "Ah she's pretty! My son's taste isn't that bad afterall. Yah Kim Ji-eun, did you know about this first?!" she asked her daughter. 


Her daughter slowly nods her head, without a choice. 


"Kim Ji-eun... why are you keeping it from me, oh? Did oppa tell you where he was going today?" she asked again.


"To the girlfriend's house for dinner! ... omo" she covered immediately. It was her mistake again for saying it out loud. And because of that, she was forced to spill out everything to her mother. Soon, Chen came out to the living room, with a panic facial expression. 


"Ji-eunie, did you see oppa's phone?" he asked, as he searched everywhere in the living room. Her little sister hand it out to him. He thanked her and ruffled her hair. With a small paperbag in his left hand and the car key on the right, he made his way to the main door of the house. But was stopped.


"Where are you going, my son~?" his mother asked nicely. 


"Out."


"To your girlfriend's house for dinner? I'm coming along too!" she said excitedly. 


"What?! Eomma, you knew about it? Yah Kim Ji-eun! Didn't I tell you to-" 


"It's not her fault. We both saw your message from Baby Mi Hyun~ You're the irresponsible one who wanted us to know about it, silly boy!" his mom defended her daughter. 


"Eomma please, please don't try to embarrass me again this time..." he pleaded. 


"I'm not. I need to know my daughter-in-law too, shouldn't I?"

 


A/N:

Jongdae's mom is just too cute, isn't she? But I'm sure we'd all die having a mother like that~ Anyway speaking about moms, there was a fanacc that says Jongdae went to watch a movie with his mother yesterday, holding her hands tightly too! Such a protective son! He's sure a mommy's child omg ;u; 

Anyway, exams just ended! And it's a month left to the end of school! So here's a chapter! 

Last but not least, to you guys who are celebrating the festive season today in Singapore or in any other countries,

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!