CHAPTER 21

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

3rd May 2012, Seattle, America

'Riiiiing' 'riiiiiiiiiiiing' her aunt's phone has been ringing for the past three minutes. But nobody picked it up.


Her aunt was taking a shower while Jungshin went out to meet his friend for awhile. Mihyun tried taking a look at the phone screen that was beeping continuously, to check who was calling. 


'Unnie'


She asnwered the call immediately upon recognising the caller. But a different and a deeper voice was heard instead.


"Yeobeosaeyo?" 


"Imo, this is Minkyu. I need you help me tell Mi Hyun something. It's urgent" he was panicking.


"Oppa, what's up? It's me...." 


"Mi Hyun-ah. Eomma... eomma"


"What oppa? What happened to eomma?!?!" 


"Eomma fell and fainted in the toilet."


"Neh?! Oppa you're not joking right?"


"Why would I? I'm bringing her to the hospital right now. I'll send imo the details later."


Her aunt came out of the bathroom. the minute she put down the call. 


"Who called me?" she asked, curious with a towel wrapped around her head. 


"Imo I need to go back to Korea now. Eomma fell and fainted in the toilet." her eyes was close to tears, worrying because she at that time, she couldn't do anything to help the situation.


"Mwoh?!?!............... Alright, of course you can go sweetheart. I'm sure she wants you there too. Mianhae, I can't accompany you there. I have-"


"Kumawo imo." she cried as she pulled her aunt for a hug. 


"Gwaenchanha, don't cry anymore oh? Come let's pack your stuff. I will help you with it," 

 


5th May 2012, Seoul, South Korea

'The last time I was here, I was a different person, physically and mentally. Now, I've completely changed. Probably a stronger person than who I used to be before.' she said to her little heart the minute she set foot at Incheon Airport, after an 11 hour flight. 


Like what she normally would do, she went through the immigration before collecting her luggage at the baggage carousel. The person checking her passport doubted her as he glanced back and forth at her face and her passport's photo, noticing a huge difference. 


"It's really me, if you think that I'm lying." she said, trying to convince him. 


He nodded and returned her passport. 


After making her way out of the arrival hall after completing the entire process, she flagged for a cab. Luckily, the driver had agreed on making a 2-way trip. To her house first to put her luggage and then to Seoul National University Hospital which her mother had been admitted to. 


"Young girl, are you alright?" the driver asked. 


"Eh? Neh."


"Don't lie. It's written all over your face. You're worried aren't you?"


"Uh.... neh. My mom fainted and she's in the hospital now."


"It's okay young girl, everything's going to be fine. I'll pray for her recovery."


"Kamsahamnida ahjusshi. You're really nice. Kamsahamnida."


"Don't mention. You're most welcome young girl." he said as he carefully looked out for the traffic outside the car. 


A 45 minute-long journey from her house and she finally reached the hospital.


"Gwaenchanha, you don't have to pay for the trip from your house to here. Buy food or a gift for your eomma." the driver returned her the money for the taxi fare. 


She was grateful for the encounter. She thanked him and made her way out of the cab, running towards the lift. She wasn't sure which level it was on, since she only had written the number of the ward on the piece of paper. But she decided to try her luck anyway. 


8. She pressed the button as she entered the lift. When she arrived on the level, she got out in a minute thinking that she could get help from the staff nurse for directions, but no one was there. The entire pathway was silent. She stood at the side, thinking that one person would just pass by and she could get help. Soon, a man walked out of the gents. 


Mihyun's POV

"Juh-giyo..." I called him.


He turned. Suddenly, I became speechless and I ran out of words to say. What a coincidence! How did this even happened? The guy who is standing right before me now was the guy who had caused me so much pain and heartache last time. The guy whom I already managed to get over is now standing before me, looking directly at me in the eyes. And I am just hoping that he'd never recognised me. 


'Any guy that enters your life just to make a joke out of it and leaves like nothing happened, don't ever let them destroy you like that, oh?' I still remember vividly, the words Jungshin oppa said to me few months back. 


'Oh Mi Hyun pabo! What are you doing? Just stay calm and talk to him!' 


"Mianhae but do you know where's this ward? I'm a little lost right now...." I showed him the little piece of paper I was holding in my hands. My hands trembled. 


'Why are you afraid Oh Mi Hyun?! You said you're already over him!!'  


"Ah this ward! It's not at this level! It's upstairs." it was that voice. That exact same voice that I heard at the airport last time. Except now it's different. He has never spoken to me like this before, in a different tone. Cheerful and happy.


Maybe he already forgotten about me. I thought


"J-j-j-ung-mal-lyeo? Ah kamsahamnida" I bowed as I thanked him. That wouldn't make him notice me, will it? He would still think that I'm just a random stranger. But why the hell did I stutter? Oh no..... he's looking at me weirdly now. I turned my head as fast as I could, making my way to the lift so I could be out of his sight. 


Anything, the worse thing that could happen to me right now is him calling me, asking if I was Oh Mi Hyun. What do I do if that happens?


"Juh-gi-yo!" 


. I was just thinking about it.


"I think you can try level 10 too! Maybe the ward that you're looking for is not at level 9!"


"Oh neh. Kamsahamnida." I quickly replied. Phew


Just nice. The elevator tings and opened its door. I made my way in.


He was right. Ward 84 is on the 9th floor. I saw eomma, lying on the hospital bed with her eyes opened. My brother was right beside her. I rushed towards her bed. 


"Eomma gwaenchanha? What happened to you?!" I asked.


"Mi Hyun?! Oh Mi Hyun?! Are you really my daughter?" she asked, surprised. 


"Are you even my little sister?" my brother got a shocked. 


"Of course I am. Aish you both!" 


"Ah gwaenchanha. Since when did you arrived? And who said you could come back! You still have 4 more months!"


"Eyyyy eomma! Look at me, it's succesful isn't it! You can't even recognised me~" 


She smiled weakly at me. 


"What happened? You havent told me how you fainted in the toilet. Ppali!"


"Eomma was cleaning the toilet and she suddenly fainted. Thank God I was around at home or else.... The floor was slippery, so she fell and injured her spine as well. Doctor said she can go back in two days," my brother did the explanation instead. 


"Yah eomma! You must have missed your meals right! Don't ever let that happen again, oh? You don't know how worried I was in America!" 


She ust kept quiet and stared at the ceiling. Thankfully, it wasn't as severe as I had expected. She's anaemic. But this is the first time ever that she has ever fainted. 


Suddenly, my thoughts went back to what happened just half an hour ago. 


Was that all a dream?


Kim Jongdae, right before my eyes. Despite the different hairstyle, I could still recognise that handsome face. And after that many months of not being able to see him, and now that I just did, can I really guarantee myself that I have really gotten over him? Or have I not?


Somehow, I hope he could notice me, even after changing into a completely different person physically. Well, although a part of me doesn't want him to recognise me and I know I would never want to be back to where I was, I want him to know that I'm Oh Mi Hyun. The Oh Mi Hyun who has been doing fine without him. 


Will he just look at me, one time again, and say, 


"Oh Mi Hyun.... is that you?"


A/N:
New chapter today! Today's chapter is more like Mi Hyun's point of view. So sorry if I had disappointed you guys or what yeah :-( But thanks for your support! The new subscribers too, thank you for subscribing! I've been getting comments lately too, and I really appreciate that. Hope you guys like my story~ And the song fits the chapter so perfectly today, right? Hehe, goodnight my dear readers!