Chapter 3

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"What's this?" she picked up the red envelope that dropped on the floor as she unlocked her locker.


Her name was written clearly on the envelope, with a heart beside it. 



"A letter? For me?" she asked herself. It was not common for her to be receiving letters, this was the first time.


'Who would even bother to write me a letter?' she thought. 


"Ah.... my tummy!" she felt an unusual pain acting up from her stomach. Quickly, she slammed shut her locker and made her way to the toilet with her left hand gripping on to the piece of paper. 



"Ahhhhhh...." feeling completely satisfied after her big business was done. She sat awhile longer as she unfold the paper to read the letter. She cringed at messy and ugly handwriting when she took a first glance at it. Obviously, it was a boy.


Unknowingly, her entire face turned red, blushing from time to time at the cheesy words written on it. She don't know who it was, but he was sincere from the way she see it. Following what the letter had asked her to do, she will only find out who this person was after completely reading it. 


"Kim Jongdae ^~^"


"Omo!" she covered with her right palm, and then lightly slapped her face a few times as she shuts her eyes. She took a peek at the same corner of that letter again. She wasn't dreaming. It was true, it was him. She chuckled to herself and stamped both feet on the floor. She was happy.  


The one who wrote the letter was not just a somebody to her. He was someone whom she has had feelings for for a very long time. Ever since the first few days of school, she was touched by how he was such a gentlemen to the girls in class. And on top of that, he is also very good looking in her eyes. She has always admired how he is very passionate and hardworking with all the things he does. He was nice and down-to-Earth and is very likeable by his friends. She could only notice him from afar. This guy, Kim Jongdae, is her ideal type.


But behind the story of that letter, there are many things that she had no idea about. That Jongdae enjoys making a fool of his friends and that letter was just another dare given by the rest of s. 


"Yah, excuse me Miss, what are you doing inside the toilet?! Do you know how long the queue is now? Until when are you going to come out!?" A girl knocked loudly on her cubicle door.


"Oh... mianhae..., " Mi Hyun said softly. She hid the letter in the pockets of the hoodie before exiting the cubicle.  


"So it was you?! You fat person! What are you doing inside the cubicle for so long? Were you doing some kind of workout for weight loss? Or you threw up all the food that you ate so that you will look slimmer? *scoffs* You can dream on about it!" it was none other than the school's rich and famous, highly respected girl, Kim Minji. 


It was every school girls dream to be like her. Tall, perfect figure, y, pretty. But there was one thing that disgusts Mi Hyun to no end, she's a big bully. To top it off, she's childish and mean.


Mi Hyun didn't even take a glance at her. She quietly washed her hands and made her way out of the toilet. All the other girls looked at her, displeased. 



Despite that, she felt more confident than ever now that she has an admirer. That thought made her smile brightly as she walked down happily to her locker. She wasn't doubting the contents of the letter at all. Because even after getting pranks for a few times by the boys in school, she believed it was different this time. Kim Jongdae is not the type that finds joy in making fun of other people, she thought.


At that time, Luhan, Junmyeon, Kai and Tao were hiding behind the wall close to her locker. 
Whispers were shared amongst the four as they waited for her to unlock her locker. They had been there for the past fifteen minutes, carefully observing Mi Hyun. 


"Mwoyah? Nothing dropped on the floor?" Kai whispered to the other three members. Luhan used the binoculars hung around his neck to take a look. "You're right... aish this Kim Jongdae! He's going to get it... that brat!" 


They left and made their way to the basement, only to find him sleeping on the couch. 

 

"YAH JONGDAE!" Luhan threw a small pillow at him. He opened his eyes, squinting and took a peek as soon as he felt the impact of something being thrown at his face. 


"Yah! Aish what is it? What is it that you want?! Can't you see that I'm trying to take a nap?!" he said as he sat up, ruffling his hair in frustration.


"You didn't put that letter inside her locker didn't you? I'm telling you, you better not lie to us!" said Luhan.


"What do you mean?! I swear I totally did!" he denied. This time his eyes opened bigger, fully awake.

 

"Hyung and us went to check on her just now to see if any red envelope fell on the floor when she opened her locker, but nothing did," Kai's tone of voice changed to become more serious. 
 

"Jeongmal?!" his voice got louder, surprised. "But I really did put the letter inside her locker though..." he scratched his head as he started doubting himself. Slowly, pessimistic thoughts filled his entire mind. 


'What if somebody took away that letter from her locker?! What if someone else opens the envelope, reads the letter and found out that I was the one who wrote it?! What am I going to do?!'  he just wouldn't want to imagine the bad outcome of the dare.