First Meal

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning, I woke up as soon as the sun rays reached into the house. Sitting on the bed, I looked at the sleeping figure next to me. Without making a sound, I walked into the washroom and cleaned myself before heading downstairs. Eomma said Ajumma will be here around 10. It was only 8:30.

            I opened the fridge to see if there's anything I could make for breakfast. I never had breakfast, and I wondered if Himchan did. Inside the fridge, there were two bottles of milk, a carton of eggs, some vegetables and a loaf of bread. What do other people eat for breakfast?

"So-yeon-ah" I called my sister.

"Hm, Eonnie. You're up early"

"You know I can't sleep well. What do people eat for breakfast?" I asked, and she laughed at the other end of the line.

"Many people eat rice. At home, ajumma always makes rice. If you didn't skip breakfast, you'd know" she said, and I nodded, checking very cupboard for rice. Found it.

"What else?"

"You have any side dishes?" she asked, and I walked back to the fridge. Expect for kimchi, nothing. I told her. "Well can you make some?"

"Sure" I said, taking all the vegetables out. Shoot, no meat. "So-yeon-ah. There's no meat" I said, and she laughed again. How dare she laugh at her older sister?!

"I'll tell eomma to tell ajumma to bring some over"

"Gomawo" I said, hanging up and taking the rice out of the cupboard. After washing it properly, I turned rice cooker on and put the pot of rice in. Then I started making a vegetable curry. Afterwards, a carrot salad followed by a kimchi stew. Around 9:30, I finished cooking and waited for ajumma.

            The sound of the doorbell made me jump out of my seat. I ran to the door and opened to see ajumma standing, smiling. She was one of the ajummas who worked at our house ever since I was little. I'm pretty sure she knew about me more than my own parents. Though mom was a house wife, she was too busy being the cry-baby of the family rather than raising her three daughters.

"Madam asked me to give this to agassi" she said, handing me a black bag. Meat!

"Thank you. And I'm sorry" I said, and she looked at me. "Because of u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter