Two Years Later...

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So-won-ah!" I heard mom's voice scream my name. Her acting skills must have gotten better for the last two years because the panic in her voice sounded so real. "Your grandpa was taken to the hospital. This doesn't look good"

"Won't you be happy if he die? I mean, you've only been complaining about him ever since the day you married dad" I said, walking into the washroom. Now why did I come in here for?

"Han So-Won this is not a time to joke. Come back to Korea. Right now"

"I can't come over there right now. I have to go to work"

"Goodness, please come home. I'll send you money for a plane ticket. Just come home. It's a mess here"

"Eomma, I have money for a plane ticket. I haven't just been sitting at home doing nothing. I just don't want to come" I said, grabbing my car keys and my purse. Then I turned the speaker of the phone off and held it up to my ear. Stepping out of my apartment, I walked out towards the elevators.

"Just once. Listen to me just once" she breathed her words. She was crying. Too bad for her, tears had no effect on me. "If something happens, we need you to stay here"

"If harabeoji passes away, give appa a hug and say I'm sorry I couldn't be there for him" I said, walking into the elevator.

"I should have just sent someone to bring you here"

"Kidnap scenes doesn't work on me. I'm trained in self-defense" She sighed.

"What can I do to get you here? I'll give you anything. Just ask." she asked, and I stepped out of the elevator. My childhood. A life - without them. A divorce. Love.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter