That's Jazz

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next night, we were both tired from our little disguised trip around Seoul,  so we both just laid on our bed, waiting for sleep.

"Why do you keep listening to jazz music?" Himchan asked and I turned to him. I didn't know he knew I listened to Jazz. Every time I did, if he was home, I plugged my earphones so it wouldn't disturb him. The only times I played them out loud was when he wasn't home. How did he even know? "Your phone's filled with playlists of men from 60s or before then" he said, when I didn't say a thing. "And yeah, I snooped around your phone because I was curious about what kind of music you listened to" he added and I let out a laugh.

"Yeah, I prefer jazz over anything but it's not filled with guys, there are tracks from Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Dinah Washington and more in there." I explained and he gave me a confused look.

"They were girl names? I mean, Peggy Lee... I doubted that name, but all the others said 'Fitzgerald', 'Washington', 'Baker', 'Si-' what was that name? They all sounded like guy names"

"So you never listened to them." I said, "And Baker and 'Sinatra' are guys. Men. Whatever. Male. Okay?"

"Well then, play some. I need to fall asleep anyway." he said and I kicked him under the duvet. "I'm joking!" he said, and I got up from the bed and took my phone out. Soon, I pressed shuffle, letting my phone pick songs for us.

            Laying on our bed together, we listened as the night been taken away by us by my favourite 'idols'. Himchan never forgot to make little weird comments as each song went by. He always referred each song to us. The most weird comment came up - the comment that managed to surprise himself as well - was when 'I Got You Under My Skin'. He sang the line in a very seductive voice that made every single hair on my body stand up. I pulled the duvet right up to my neck as his hand came around, pulling me closer to him, making me stay frozen as the song went on. For the next two songs, he kept his mouth shut, and I thought he had fallen asleep, but I was wrong since he started commenting right when the third song played on.

"Finally, a female singer!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter