Trouble

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Han So Won-ssi?"

            It was the last week of November; December peaking into our lives, bringing the unwelcomed cold weather along with it. I didn't have much time to actually think about the weather change since I was piled up with work; I was too busy to notice the cold creeping up on me. Himchan went back to Japan right after his break so I ended up spending too much time in the lab along with my co-workers who seemed to have no life outside of the lab as well.

"I'm calling from ** Elementary school"

            I sat up and looked at the time. 12:40. Song sung sat next to me with his head lying on the top of the clean counter, half asleep from staying up all night. I covered him with his cardigan.

"Are you the guardian of Han So-eun?" the female voice kept talking.

"Um, yes" I said, wiping the tiredness out of my face.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Han So Won-ssi, I called to let you know that I have an important matter to talk to you about Han So-eun. If you have time, can you please come to the school now?" she asked and automatically I jumped to my feet. Panic hit me even before I found out what was happening. I walked - ran - up to my locker and threw my lab coat into the green laundry basket, taking my bag out.

"I'll be there" I said, taking out my ID.

"Wish, what's wrong?" asked Alex oppa and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry. It's So-eunie. Who knows what she did! I have to go before eomma or appa finds out. She's been... Oppa, I need to go right now." I said, and understanding the situation, he nodded. I ran out of the hospital and called out a taxi and headed to my little sister's school.

"Han So-won-ssi?" a woman, probably in her late 30s greeted me as I walked into the staff room. Everyone looked at me; they probably expected someone more older than me to show up, but sorry to disappoint them, because the oldest woman in our household seemed to be missing in action. And thank goodness for that!

"What happened to So-eun, Miss?" I asked the teacher and she bit her lip. We were sitting in a small room - like a board room, and she looked very uncomfortable for some reason.

"Has everything been okay with your family?" she asked, and I looked away, not knowing how to answer that question. Our family was never normal. I never knew what a 'normal' family was like. So how could I answer her question? "So-eunie is such a good kid but lately... She has become a little hard to handle." the teacher went on. "She doesn't listen to anyone anymore. She had been arguing with other classmates over the smallest things, but what shocked me the most was when I asked the class to draw their family today, this-" the teacher took out a piece of paper out and handed it to me. Tears filled my eyes. "was what she drew"

             I stared at the different c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter