He's Back

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two weeks Himchan was in Japan, I spent most of my time at our house. The house for two seemed even emptier when there was no music blasting from the basement or no laughter echoing around the house. Don't misunderstand though, I loved the peace and quiet. It was perfect. I even told ajumma to take a break because I loved living by myself again. But soon I realized how big this house was. What was my father-in-law thinking when he picked a house like this?

            So on the second week, I decided to go visit my sisters. I stayed there for couple of days, and came back to our house. After leaving the house untouched for five days, I spent my Saturday cleaning. When night arrived, I filled the bath and dipped in, enjoying the warm water burning my skin.

            With Frank Sinatra serenading in my ear, I hugged the duvet tightly, trying to call out sleep. My damp hair wet the pillow, so I couldn't bury my face into it. So I turned to the empty space next to me - Himchan's side of the bed - and pulled his pillow into me and hugged it tightly. Even though I replaced the old cover with a new one this afternoon, the pillow still smelled like the cologne he used every day. I inhaled deeply, letting its scent enter into my body.

"Lovely, never ever change,

Keep that breathless charm, won't you please arrange it?

Cause I love you, Just the way you look tonight~"

            I sang out loud, knowing only non-existing ghosts would hear my bad singing. As the song ended, I turned around, facing the stairs that led to our room. I turned around again, listening to the next song: These Foolish Things.

"You came, You saw, You conquered me!

When you did that to me, I knew somehow, this had to be..."

            Just like that, I sang all my favourite lines of each song out loud. Even my phone was running out of charge but I still felt like I had energy left in me, since I still couldn't sleep. It was just passed 2, and I let out a sigh, listening to another one of my Sinatra favourites: I've Got You Under My Skin.

            Suddenly, my phone started to pull a random song out of nowhere and disturb my swingy night. But when I realized which song it was, I kept still just listening to it. B.A.P. - Coffee Shop.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter