Funeral

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone dressed in black, we paraded towards the black cars that were waiting to take us to the funeral parlor. Appa and Eomma got into one car and the three of us got on to the car behind theirs'. On the way to the parlor, So-eun had so many questions, and soon we got tired answering the little kid who sat in the middle and looked at our faces each time she asked something. And, being the teenager she is, So-yeon took out her iPod and plugged her ears. I watched her with narrowed eyes while So-eun stared at me. I took my phone out then and opened a game and handed it to her, and soon she became quiet, giving her full concentration to the game.

            When we reached the place, the three of us got of the car and walked over to where harabeoji's body laid. While flowers covered the coffin with a picture of him smiling, and I watched Appa, eomma, samchon, imu take their places, bowing everyone who walked into the place. The ajumma who worked at our place was there with So-eunie, sitting in the corner while we stood next to our family.

            Soon, two familiar faces appeared, and I bowed my head, wanting to hide.

"Oh, you came too" said my mother-in-law, rubbing my back.

"Ye" I said, and my father-in-law nodded after giving respect to harabeoji.

"How have you been?" asked Eomeonim and I nodded.

"Everything is fine. What about you?"

"We're fine too" she said, smiling. "Have you talked to your husband?" she asked, and I looked at her. 'What husband? Oh the one I got married to and left the country right after? Nope', I wanted to say, but instead I smiled, shaking my head. "Well, he'll be here soon" she said, taking my hand and rubbing the back on my hand with her fingers. "Stay strong" she said, and I let out a smile. She must be kidding. Right then, a figure that got everyone's attention entered. I looked at him with surprised eyes. He wore full black from head to toe. Okay, not from head to toe since he had blonde - blonde - hair. He first bowed to harabeoji, then to my parents. Then he stood up, looking at me. When he saw me, he had the same kind of reaction as I did to him.

"In case if he comes to the funeral, what would you say to him?" asked Do-young when she drove me to my house.

"I don't know. 'Hi, long time no see'?" I said, and she laughed at me.

"I'll bet hundred bucks you'd be standing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter