You Knew?

"Love, Can You Just Be Mine?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning, I woke up with a start and head down stairs to make breakfast for Himchan. I opened the fridge and stared at it for couple of minutes before taking two eggs and the other side dishes out. I plug the rice cooker on and washed the rice as the eggs transformed from white to the beautiful golden colour. So he knew I cooked, I kept thinking to myself.

            What else did he know about me? - That was my next question. Did he know how bad I am at singing? Did he know I preferred tulips over roses? Did he know how much I loved kids? Did he know my past? Did he know who I was with before I was forced to marry him? Did he know why I switched schools every year when I lived in Korea?

            Could he read me too like Alex oppa? Was I that transparent to guys? Or was he a mind reader? Nah, then he wouldn't have made me go through what happened yesterday... Why was I easily misunderstood? So the image came with a prize. No matter how I tried to make things right, I couldn't. After all, it was my job to mess up and my dad's job to pay up and make things right. Wah, I really was a bundle of trouble.

"So-won-ah! The eggs are on fire!" yelled Himchan behind me. I turned to see the man with bed hair running towards the stove, and watched him turn it off. Then he turned to me with tilted eyebrows. I stood there without saying a thing.

"Why did you marry me? Let's just divorce and get this over with!" I threw the piece of cloth I was holding on to at him and stormed out into my study. I slammed the door and clutched the t-shirt I was wearing right above my chest and rubbed hard, trying not to let tears take over.

"So-won-ah..." there was a soft knock on the locked door. I leaned against it, so even with the keys, he won't be able to open it. "Open up" he said, but I said nothing. "C'mon, I'm hungry"

"Make something for yourself then"

"Please? Just open up?"

"Go away Himchan. You said you didn't want to hear anything I say last night right? So I'm telling you the same thing now just with different words; leave me alone."

"C'mon. It's almost time for you to go to work. And I have to go too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter