Cinnamon

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Cinnamon


 

52. Leeteuk & Yesung

 

The crickets were noisier than ever, crying out in frustration hidden somewhere among the grasses. Summer was at its peak, the heat so thick and suffocating that it rippled the atmosphere. In early afternoon, when the sun was shining harsher, the hotel´s grounds were deserted. Every lodger had fled, seeking shelter at inside faculties. Naturally, the pool and its surroundings were empty as well. Well, almost...

Behind the bar, Jongwoon paid no attention to the sweat trickling across his temples and neck as he mixed and shook and cut. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration, his movements messy due to that special urgency that take´s one over when major inspiration strikes. A smile curled the corners of Jungsoo´s mouth. The usually immaculate bar had now blotches of various drinks splashed here and there, jars full of spices out of their shelves and uncapped, their strong smells traveling in entwining currents through air. The elder lay on the bar the magazine with which he was lazily fanning himself, and stood up. Circling the isle in slow steps so as to not disturb Jongwoon just yet, he fished a stick of cinnamon from the stack. He smirked and stealthily approached the younger, rubbing his palms with the scented bark.

 

"Hey..." he murmured, standing behind the bartender and softly pressing his chest against his back. Surprised, the other man turned back, pineapple juice overflowing the shaker and spilling onto the counter.

"You scared me!"

 

Jungsoo chuckled and leaned closer, letting the cinnamon stick on the bar before cupping the blond´s rosy cheeks. Jongwoon considered protesting but the spicy scent lingering on Jungsoo´s skin made him think twice. Hesitating at first -he still had recipes to complete- he finally allowed himself to lean in to the touch. Breathing deeply, he covered Jungsoo´s hands with his own, pressing them more firmly on his face. The brunet grinned in accomplishment and bent to capture Jongwoon´s lips for a much-wanted kiss.

 

"You´re such a tease..." said the younger, and their lips touched.

"I´m sorry I interrupted you."

Jungsoo pulled briefly back to talk, and then pecked the younger´s lips again. The cinnamon´s smell tickled his nostrils.

"You don´t seem sorry..."

The elder smirked at the comment and pushed the blond to the counter, his mouth more demanding. Scented hands held on Jongwoon´s chin and tilted his head to deepen their kiss. He groaned, one hand dropping to Jongwoon´s thigh possessively. He was about to pry the bartender´s legs apart, when the younger jerked back.

 

"Oh! Wait, wait!" he exclaimed and squirmed out of Jungsoo´s hold. "I just had this incredible idea... cinnamon and almond liqueur, yes!"

Groaning for a different reason altogether, Jungsoo crossed his arms over his chest and watched sulking as Jongwoon scribbled the freshly-conceived recipe in his notebook.

"Jongwoon-ah..." he tried but was immediately denied.

"Not now. I have to make this first!" Jongwoon looked up and smiled. "It´s because of you, anyway."

 

The brunet sighed in defeat, eyeing the accursed and seemingly innocent stick of cinnamon on the counter. His hoped for y times had been crushed as quickly as they had been formed. From this day and onward, Jungsoo swore never to use weird tricks to seduce the younger again. Ye olde gropping had to do the job...

 


 

this is situated in "Romance on the Rocks" universe~