Move

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Move


 

19. Kangin & Eunhyuk

 

They were left alone to take care of the hardest part. Always the stick's short end... In this case, it wasn't cleaning after the mess a lunch in the dance practice room left, but arranging the bulky carton boxes all the way from 12th floor to the new one. Kangin placed down with a huff yet another box and rested his hands on his knees, catching his breath. Following closely behind, Eunhyuk grunted as he failed to fit his box through the new dorm's door in the first try.

"Hyung!" his voice was heard strained behind the big box.

Together, they brought it in the spacious living-room, lying on the floor exhausted after carelessly letting it fall somewhere next to the rest.

"They... will pay... for that!" managed to voice the older man between heavy breaths, cursing at the other members for sneaking away.

Eunhyuk could only nod, even though Kangin didn't see it. Their group had experienced moving a few times already, and the two men were sure about two things: first, it was never pleasant, and second...

"Damn, why is it harder than last time?" asked the younger no one in particular. Still mostly empty as the apartment was, his voice bounced on the white walls and echoed everywhere, magnifying the sound of his complain. Kangin chuckled and turned his head to look at him.

"Ah, we're getting older." He run his fingers through his dark hair and continued, "Our backs hurt and joints are sore. We squint to read clearly and we care more about sleeping early than clubbing!"

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. "We're not middle-aged, hyung, relax!"

Taking a deep breath, the older man swiftly jumped on his feet. "Okay! Lets show them we still got this!"

Cheering from the floor, Eunhyuk admired the other man's resolution, difficult even for him to believe that, once, Kangin was an arrogant jerk that would rather watch his dongsaengs work than helping as well. Hopping up also, Eunhyuk joined once more the older. By the time night has fallen, all the stuff were cleared out of the 12th floor and moved in the new dorm. Proudly examining the piled-up boxes, the two men grinned at each other and high-fived, Eunhyuk offering to treat Kangin to some fried chicken and beer.