Snow

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Snow


 

42. Heechul & Eunhyuk

 

"Yes! It snowed!" exclaimed Hyukjae, his nose pressed flat against the bedroom's window

"... there's snow everywhere," came his cousin's voice from the door's threshold, the complete opposite from the younger boy.

 

Glaring at him over his shoulder, Hyukjae felt his joyous mood free-falling from the heights it was second prior to Heechul's intrusion to his personal space. The older boy strode inside without asking for permission.

"Move aside," he growled, shoving Hyukjae to plop on his bed. Hissing annoyed at the cold emanating from the wall, he tugged the woolen duvet underneath his cousin's folded legs, and wrapped it around his shivering body.

"Who decided that placing a bed against the north-facing wall was a good idea?" he mumbled behind the fabric, his almond-shaped eyes pointing daggers at the white substance covering the window's sill.

 

Hyukjae sighed. When his mother had announced that his lovely 16-years-old cousin and his equally lovely family would be spending Christmas holidays with them, the boy didn't exactly leaped with joy. Picky, obnoxious, arrogant, rude Heechul was to sleep in Hyukjae's sister's room, empty since Sora was now a proud student of an American university, the name of which Hyukjae couldn't pronounce.

 

"I hate snow..." mumbled Heechul, making Hyukjae wanting to kick him outside in the cold for being a grumpy prick and spoiling the Christmas spirit.

He smirked and raised to his knees. If he couldn't take Heechul outside, then outside would come to Heechul. He unlocked the window, his back turned so that the older boy couldn't see.

 

"What are you doing?" suspiciously asked Heechul behind the safety of the duvet, eyeing Hyukjae's pajama-clad back.

In a flash, the younger turned around, tore the woolen cover away and planted a handful of fresh snow in his cousin's face.

 

"LEE HYUKJAE! YOU LITTLE !"