Toothbrush

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Toothbrush


 

13. Leeteuk & Sungmin

 

Waking up had become a chore, a torture. Because waking up meant coming face to face with a daily reality where Sungmin wasn't a part of anymore. Where the house felt empty and cold, the white walls mocking, the floors dangerous...

Jungsoo ignored his alarm clock's persistent ringing on the small bed-side table, and the damn thing gave up after a few more shrieking sounds. Rolling on his chest under the stark white covers, the blond slid his arms underneath his pillow, staring blankly at the dust speckles floating on the air. The sunlight peeking behind his loosely drawn curtains was blaring at his face the fact that he had to clean the room soon.

Not that he cared. Jungsoo had stopped caring about a lot of things after Sungmin had left him... The dying flowers outside the kitchen's window, for example. Sungmin would always water them, carefully removing old leaves and every morning positioning the pots under the sun. He would arrange neatly food on the fridge, according to kind. Now, it was a huge mess in there. It made Jungsoo miserable to see the chaos prevailing these days. His efforts to keep whatever little order Sungmin had left behind, had been lackadaisical.

 

The man grunted and hid his head under the pillow, hoping to still find Sungmin's scent on the cotton. There was nothing. Jungsoo shut his eyes tightly, his fingers clinging desperately on the duvet.

 

There was nothing left.

No Sungmin, nor his laugh or toothbrush next to Jungsoo's in the porcelain cup near the bathroom's wash-basin.

 

A chuckle was heard under the soft pillow. Out of all the things he had missed, Jungsoo hadn't known a toothbrush would be among the list of most important ones. A light pink it was, its protective cover the shape of a bunny's head. He was always teasing Sungmin saying it was something his 7-year-old niece would own. Deep down though, he liked the way his lover was softly placing the bunny cover next to the water-tap, once the protruding ears after he would brush his teeth.

 

"Idiot..." murmured Jungsoo at himself.

 

No more sweet lemon scent on the bed's covers. No more bunny toothbrush leaning on his own in the porcelain cup. No more blooming azaleas outside the kitchen's window.

Jungsoo was alone.

 


 

You can leave a comment, I don't bite...