Contract

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Contract


 

28. Hangeng & Kyuhyun

 

He had been waiting the whole afternoon for the dorm's front door to open. Kyuhyun raised his troubled gaze from his university assignments, seeing the one he had been thinking about.

"Hangeng-huyng..."

The older man nodded in acknowledgment and headed to his room.

"Wait!"

 

Startled, Hangeng halted and looked the youngest in question. Kyuhyun seemed nervous, his lower lip trapped between his teeth and a deep crease of thought on his forehead.

 

"What's wr—"

"Hyung, are you leaving us?"

 

It sounded more accusing than what the young man had intended to, but he couldn't take back his words now. Hangeng felt the blood draining from his face. The younger's eyes were knowing ones, although still soundlessly pleading to be proven wrong. Mouth opening and closing, the Chinese man had nothing prepared to say in his favour. In the end, he sighed and lowered his head, rubbing his tie=red eyes before slowly nodding once. Kyuhyun's throat tightened - was it due to tears or rage? He didn't know. All he was aware of was Hangeng's shirt tangled in his fingers as the younger pulled at his collar, demanding an explanation.

 

"The papers fro contract breach! They fell from where you had them hidden while the ahjumma was cleaning your stuff!"

The younger man paused to take deep breaths, the corners of his eyes stinging as salty water gathered. Hangeng stumbled backwards, hating the boy's judgment. Steadily, the words exchanged became louder and louder.

 

"What is this all of a sudden? When were you going to tell everybody?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me!"

 

Tearing Kyuhyun's hands away, they stood facing each other, questions and excuses lingering on the air around, unvoiced. Hangeng ran his fingers through his unkempt hair, glaring at a hole on the carpet. 

 

"I was hoping you wouldn't find out till the very end..."

 

At that moment, Kyuhyun felt a tear escaping and sliding across his flushed cheek.