Mistake

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Mistake


 

11. Heechul & Henry

 

"Henry, wait!"

He didn't care if the staff was giving him weird looks as he was running across the studio's corridors, whether one of them was going to write something malicious on the net... Heechul's only thought was the younger boy and the way his round face contorted in pain once those venomous words left the older's mouth...

 

You should have left! Not Hankyung!

 

Gritting his teeth, Heechul ran faster, desperate to catch up with the hurt boy. He had immediately regretted saying that but still, the damage had been done. 

"Henry!" he yelled again, noticing a flash of a red T-shirt disappearing behind one corner. Turning as well, Heechul abruptly halted. The corridor ended there, only a locked door left. "Henry..." he softly spoke, seeing the boy leaning on the wall, sobs shaking his thin body. The brunet didn't answer; he slid on the floor and buried his head in his crossed arms. Biting his lip, Heechul cursed himself, wishing he could punch his big, insensitive mouth. 

"Hey..."

 

For Kim Heechul to not know what to do, to be helpless... that was something unheard of! But even big stars of the Universe have these moments. Even seemingly flawless human beings could feel awful for hurting someone. Especially when that someone was Henry. Young, innocent, talented Henry... Heechul's chest was impossibly heavy as he sat next to the boy. Clearing his throat, he raised one hand and brushed away a few brown strands of hair off Henry's forehead.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

It took great effort to push aside his ego in order to utter these words, and once he said them, Heechul felt better. With renewed determination, the older man took a strong hold of Henry's arms and pulled at them, bringing the boy out from his temporary hiding place.

"Listen to me!" Heechul snapped, his voice almost breaking at the sight of the younger's red eyes and his wet cheeks. "I'm sorry! I really am! Henry..."

 

Without thinking, Heechul pulled the brunet in a tight hug, pressing his head against his chest and not minding his shirt getting soaked with fresh tears.

"H-hyung, I—"

"Shhh..."

 

The older man patted the brunet's head, a bit awkward with offering comfort. "It was a mistake... I'm sorry," he kept repeating, protectively enclosing Henry in his embrace and swearing never to make the same mistake again. Kim Heechul was and did a lot of things, but his word he'd never break.