Suitcase

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Suitcase


 

25. Kangin & Henry

 

Henry couldn't curse enough the country's damned educational system which determined that - those with lower results - had to be informed at the last minute about whether they had made it in the school they aimed or not.

"!" the Chinese boy repeated in frustration while he was trying to drag his enormous suitcase up the apartment building's stairs. Of course, all the students's dormitories had already been filled by the lucky bastards that were notified first. Bless Henry's stars that he had found a relatively cheap place to live for the next four years, plus a roommate to share the rent with. Said roommate had yet to make an appearance, condemning the young man into carrying his stuff alone to the third floor.

 

Henry yelped painfully when his left foot hit a corner, and a chain of more curses in Chinese left his mouth. Huffing and puffing, he forcefully tugged the suitcase, hating the sensation of his T-shirt sticking on his sweaty back. 

"Come on, you damned !" Another tug at the handle, and the cheap plastic broke, the suitcase free-falling down all the stairs Henry had fought to ascent .

 

"No! Why— Oh, COME ON!"

Yelling after the baggage, Henry ran to retrieve his belongings. And there, in the building's entrance, was lying his suitcase, half-open and clothes scattered around. A scary-looking guy was standing among the havoc. Bending down before Henry could ask anything, the stranger picked up a piece of cloth from the messed-up pile.

"Mickey..." he snickered and threw a dark green sweater at Henry, the embarrassed Chinese hiding the cloth behind his back. The big guy examined the suitcase for a name tag, still smirking.

 

"Henry, huh? Well, we'll be roommates from now on," the man said and walked past the smaller male. "Name's Kangin. Keep that in mind. Oh, and," he paused and turned around on the stairway, menacingly smiling (or grimacing, more likely...) at Henry, "you'd better not wear that in my room, or else..."

With an abrupt turn, Kangin left the Chinese man alone to deal with his broken suitcase and Mickey sweater problems.

 

It's gonna be a long four years... - thought Henry, and lowered his head miserably.

 


 

kkkk~ the one for whom this fic is, will understand right away ;)

and, wow! I've completed ¼ of the challenge!!!