Peanuts

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Peanuts


 

21. Shindong & Eunhyuk

 

What is a friend, really? Is it someone you have fun with? A person you reveal your secrets to? One you can trust to wipe your tears away, or simply, the one you know will make you laugh no matter your ups and downs?

Eunhyuk considered Shindong his friend. Even if he was one year younger than him, the older boy always came to his mind whenever asked about friendship. Their personalities were quite similar, actually, and they immediately formed a rather comical duet (what with Eunhyuk being skinny and Shindong being chubby) when Eunhyuk entered high-school. Pranks, jokes, dancing... all that they were enjoying together. And now, for example, the two high-school students were taking a short break from the tiring studying they had to do for their finals, spending a chilly afternoon playing around on their skateboards.

Late in the afternoon and after exhausting themselves, they were dragging their feet back to their neighborhood. A loud gurgle interrupted their small talk, and Shindong rubbed his belly.

"Ah! I hope mum made something delicious for dinner!" Feeling all his pockets, the older boy released a victorious cry when he discovered a small pack of roasted peanuts in one of them, describing it as an appetizer after Eunhyuk shook his head in judgment. Tearing the plastic, Shindong took a deep breath of the salty aroma and popped a few peanuts on his palm. "Here." Munching the peanuts, he offered the pack to Eunhyuk for him to take some too. The skinny boy and his hungry stomach appreciated the gesture, especially since he knew his friend's possessiveness over food... the same as his.

Yes, friends means being willing to share your precious peanuts with someone else.