Table

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Table


 

27. Zhoumi & Henry

 

If later in his life Henry was going to be asked about some of the most memorable moments during his career as an idol, he would surely include this one... He and the other members weren't strangers to awards or the congratulatory parties and dinners that always followed after such a ceremony. But Henry definitely had never before experienced such a second-hand embarrassment while outside with the rest of the group.

 

"Gege, please sit down! I beg you!" the young Chinese man whimpered behind his hands.

A confused slur of words was Zhoumi's answer, which Henry interpreted as refusal to compromise. The man groaned and peeked between his fingers, scanning the club Super Junior were partying for an older member; drunk Zhoumi was a handful for him.

"Gege!" he pleaded again, but the tall singer ignored him - or probably he was too drunk to comprehend what Henry was saying. Zhoumi raised his glass towards the dancing crowd instead, his position on the table permitting everyone to admire him in all his glory.

 

"I LOVE YOU!" he shouted in Chinese to no one in particular, and Henry desperately wished for a hole to magically open and swallow him. 

 

Slouching lower on the leather couch he was seated, the young man hid his scarlet face in his hands once again, sure that the other members were enjoying seeing him struggling to calm an intoxicated Zhoumi who was dancing clumsily on a table. Hearing the older man blowing loud kisses to the whomever had the luck to walk by, Henry sighed in defeat and rested his head back, thinking that the next day, he'd have to deal with multiple hyungs in hangover state.

 

Silly, childish, impulsive hyungs... 

 

Even so, a smile was on Henry's face during the whole night.