Lunch

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Lunch


 

44. Kangin & Kyuhyun

 

The smell of frying vegetables and oil hit him the moment he stepped in the dorm. Kangin found it very weird, especially when considering the fact that only Kyuhyun had been home for the last couple of hours. The man took off his shoes at the entrance and cautiously made his way towards the kitchen.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked when he saw the youngest of them dressed in an apron over his sweats, a spatula in hand and a concentrated look on his face.

"Oh, hyung! You're back early!" Kyuhyun said, sparing no more than two seconds to glance away from the sizzling pan.

"Today's filming was canceled," explained the older man, eyeing the pots and plates scattered all over the kitchen's counters. "Should I be worried? Do you have a fever?" he mocked, the sight of the maknae in the kitchen for something other than eating or washing the dishes worrying indeed.

"Very funny, hyung, haha... I just wanted to make up for the last time I tried to cook!"

 

Kangin chuckled at the boy's slight pout. "I'm joking!" Peeking over Kyuhyun's shoulder, he saw that finely cut chunks of pork were already prepared with green peppers and onions, rice was cooked in the machine for all of them, plus omelet with cut spam and mushrooms. Kangin whistled appreciatively.

"Whoa! Our Kyuhyun-ah has secret talents!"

 

He patted the boy's and offered to set the table while the vegetable's were being done. Kyuhyun stared him hard.

"It's not only me having a fever after all, hyung," he pointed out with a smirk.

 

The older man grunted and pulled a cupboard open to hide his red face behind it.

"Hey, brat! This better be good, or else I'll make you eat every last bit of it!"

 

Kyuhyun laughed and twirled the food one last time in the pan, then turned off the heat. "I'm sure you won't let any for me," he bragged and smugly placed his hands on his waist. "My lunch will be the best you've ever eaten!"