Park

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Park


 

16. Leeteuk & Ryeowook

 

"Hyung, are you sure about this?" Ryeowook whispered nervously, afraid not to disturb whatever was lying on the musty ground.

"It's just a shortcut. Besides, you were the one bugging me to come along for a walk. So, stop whining."

 

The short man gulped and glanced over his shoulder, eyeing the darkness of the empty park. Suddenly, a snap broke the overall silence, and Ryeowook jumped, a choked shriek leaving his mouth.

"A branch..." Jungsoo stated flatly and raised his foot, showing a stick broken in three pieces.

"Oh, sorry."

The younger smiled apologetically but didn't let go of Jungsoo's jacket, on which he had clung like a newborn koala the moment the frightening sound was heard. As they kept walking across the park's trees, the older tried to be patient with Ryeowook, ignoring every scared tug at his clothes or prompt to "Look, hyung! There! Someone's following us!"

 

"You watch a lot of scary movies," sighed Jungsoo after the shorter man had practically locked his arms around the blond's torso, sure that a man - or a thing - was after them.

"Heechul hyung makes me watch them with him," came Ryeowook's muffled reply against Jungsoo's back. The blond shook his head in dismay.

"Pretend it's morning."

 

Ryeowook only pressed himself more on the older. "Tell me when we reach the dorms," he muttered, blindly following Jungsoo's footsteps.

"What a wuss..."

 

Despite his complains, Jungsoo covered Ryeowook's cold hands with his and moved forward, his lips forming a smile as he felt the younger humming a tune in the chilly night. His breath puffing white clouds in the air, Jungsoo was careful not to further scare Ryeowook as they made their way back to the dorms, the younger tightly holding onto the blond.