Pie

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Pie


 

23. Eunhyuk & Donghae

 

Donghae wasn't kidding when he said that his mother was an amazing cook. The older man at first had doubted what could possibly be prepared with so many strawberries they had brought at home, but Donghae just told him to shut up. Hyukjae sighed and shook his head, expecting nothing else of an answer from the brunet. Although unsure, the black-haired man eagerly helped clean and cut the fruit for Mrs. Lee. His cooking experience could fit a teaspoon, and he almost confused salt for sugar if it hadn't been for Donghae and his sneaky fingers dipping in the jar and then his mouth. After that, the older man concluded that helping Donghae's mother was fun, the younger gladly offering his rank as a choux chef and cockily pointing out directions from his comfortable seat.

Focusing on creating something worked miracles in Hyukjae's mood, as he ended up singing with the old woman while stirring the jam boiling over a strong fire. With determination he followed Mrs. Lee's orders, his eyebrows knitted in focus. Spread flour on the table, open the dough in the desirable thickness, brush enough oil on it... Once again, using his hands proved salutary to his soul. Hyukjae's look of affection didn't pass unnoticed from the brunet when he saw the way the older was staring at the finished, steaming strawberry pie.

 

"Don't think you'll get a double serving," he teased and elbowed Hyukjae's sides playfully.

 

Scolding her son, Mrs. Lee carefully cut the pie, hot jam flowing ruby-red from inside the crunchy, golden dough. Their mouths watering, the two men simultaneously pushed their plates towards the middle-aged woman. Mrs. Lee couldn't hide her delight as she watched the kids eating and sharing the day's news. The house was once again b with life.

 


 

Here's a small side-chapter to "A Life's Ocean" - the thought of what happened to all the strawberries after Hyukjae and Donghae fought wouldn't leave my mind! That's what it was...