Bicycle

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Bicycle


 

15. Yesung & Kyuhyun

 

The make-up noona had just finished fixing the last details on Kyuhyun's face, and the young man was now standing beside a shiny bicycle, waiting for the filming crew's signal. The air blowing from the east was chilly, bringing the saltiness of the ocean along with it. Tiny drops of seawater were sprinkling everyone after large waves would crush on the shore. Kyuhyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a brief moment, enjoying Busan's air. He could almost ignore the sounds of their noisy team, focusing entirely on the water's slush, the seagulls' cries, the monotonous flapping of his jacket against the wind.

One thing he couldn't ignore though, was that pair of eyes, locked onto him persistently. Even the swift footsteps padding on the paved ground, Kyuhyun heard above every other noise.

 

"You get to go fishing and bicycling. No fair..."

"Hyung, honestly..."

 

The younger man sighed and resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the older. Yesung's lower lip slowly formed a put, not at all fit for his age. Raising one hand, he poked without hesitation a button of Kyuhyun's jacket, right above his stomach.

"This colour... I like it," he murmured as he examined with narrowed eyes the vibrant orange.

The younger didn't have many options: either he'd let Yesung be weird, or he'd shoo him away, enduring his sulkiness for the rest of the day...

 

Kyuhyun discretely took a deep breath, Yesung now tugging at the elastic strands hanging from the jacket's hood.

"Hey," Yesung murmured again, raising his head to look at the taller man, "lets go for a bicycle trip once filming is over."

"We can't be gone for too long." Kyuhyun shook a few reddish locks of hair off his eyes, keeping them steady behind his ear since the wind was so cruel on his style today.

"I know, I know. Just for a couple of rounds. Hmm?"

 

Leaning closer to the younger and staring expectantly at his eyes, Yesung tugged harder at the strands to prevent Kyuhyun from escaping.

"D-don't look at me like that!" Kyuhyun protested and awkwardly cleared his throat. Yesung didn't budge.

"Jeez, alright! We'll go together!"

"Good!"

 

Flashing a sweet smile, the older finally let go, too excited to notice Kyuhyun holding his face to hide the blush spreading on his cheeks.

"Kyuhyun-ah! Work hard!" Yesung yelled as the younger man hurried to mount the bicycle and take off despite the make-up coordinator's shouts of having his colour fixed.

 


adorable...