Gloves

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Gloves


 

51. Shindong & Ryeowook (ft. Sungmin)

 

Jackets zipped up to their noses, scarves and dark sunglasses further hiding their features, and the three men looked more suspicious than going out undisguised would have been. Ryeowook giggled as they walked by a group of girls who pointed at them, and leaned closer to whisper to the others.

"Do you think they recognised us?" He glanced above his shoulder to see if the girls were still watching them. Sungmin shook his head and elbowed the younger to stop wasting time and walk faster.

"Attention seeker," teased Shindong, holding his arm extended to his right to prevent the youngest from walking on the road, since he was so busy peeking at the girls to notice that the pedestrian light was still red.

 

"Thanks, hyung," he smiled sheepishly, tugging the older man´s beanie to properly cover his red ears. The wind was freezing as it swept through the city, carrying tons of leaflets along the streets in the place of crispy, fallen leaves. Their manager had called them right after their vocal practice had ended, urgently telling them they should either find a cab or wait for another van, since he had a sudden case of a flat tyre. As much as they had huffed and puffed, getting a cab was far quicker than waiting for a second company van to be available. Hence the walking outside in the cold, late at night.

 

"Ah... A bowl of ttokbokki would be nice in this weather... all steamy and spicy," murmured Sungmin and almost bumped his forehead on a lamb post.

"Hyung!" Ryeowook pulled him to his side, preventing an ugly bump from forming on the blond´s forehead. The older man´s eyes were hardly open from tiredness when he smiled at him gratefully. Ryeowook shook his head at the man´s condition, grasping securely his bare hand. His awfully cold hand.

"Where are your gloves?" he exclaimed, rampaging his jacket´s pockets to wear him his own. Look and look he did, even ping the heavy jacket and shivering as a breeze blew, in order to search the inner pockets as well.

 

"What´s wrong?" Shindong asked, noticing the younger´s troubled expression.

"Hyung, our gloves! The gloves we got the same; you, me and Sungminnie hyung! I can´t find them!"

 

His eyes quickly watered as he furiously patted all of his pockets and even looking in Shindong´s backpack, but the gloves were nowhere to be found.

"Nononononoooo!"

Shindong sighed. "There´s no helping it now. We´ll search the dorms. Come on." He called the nearest cab he saw passing, patting Ryeowook´s head to calm him down. On the ride to their apartment, the short male took Sungmin´s freezing hands in his oversized pockets to keep them warm, sulking about the missing pair of special gloves he shared only with his hyungs...

 


 

Ryeowook and the stories he tells at Sukira are a real inspiration. Ahjumma-Wookie always gossiping kkkk~