Sky

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Sky


 

43. Leeteuk & Yesung

 

The sun was slowly setting in the horizon, the sky's colour a mixed palette of grays, purples and oranges. «I love watching the clouds,» Jongwoon had once said, «they're sliding up there so peacefully...» He could spend hours staring out of the window, and Jungsoo was glad they had insisted on him getting a room in the wing facing the open side of the hospital's grounds, empty of any apartment building obscuring the view Jongwoon enjoyed so.

«Beautiful,» he would comment, even as he was struggling to sit up on the bed and his voice was harsh due to the vomiting the chemotherapy caused.

 

You're more beautiful! - Jungsoo wanted to scream, despite the plain hospital robe the younger was wearing or the light-blue beanie hiding his now bald head. Jungsoo was keeping quiet though, afraid the hot tears he was trying his best to keep at bay would flow unstoppable if he opened his mouth to utter even one word.

The man was always gazing at the evening sky whenever he was thinking of Jongwoon. He had made it his habit to stay till the sun would set and the clouds were no longer clearly visible. Sitting on a bench and waiting for the bus to come, Jungsoo watched till the oranges faded away, replaced by a deep blue. The last clouds he could spot as far as his eyes could see were endlessly twirling, belonging in the same infinity Jongwoon had become a part of.

 

"Hey... you're still more beautiful..." he muttered towards the sky, a lone tear escaping the corner of his eye. As the last rays of sunlight died down, Jungsoo thought he saw a face all too familiar among the clouds' seemingly abstract forms.

 


 

I believe that's the first time I've broken my OTP like that...