Nemo

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Nemo


 

49. Leeteuk & Donghae

 

A huge tube of buttered pop-corn was settled between the two seats. After lots of maneuvering and near-misses, they managed to balance their Pepsis in the special hollows as well, very carefully raising their arms to take hand fulls of the savoury treat.

"Hyung, here, drink."

Donghae brought the Styrofoam cup to the older man's lips, popping soft pop-corn into his mouth and munching loudly at the same time. Leeteuk shushed him and took a couple of gulps, thankful that the cinema was almost empty. The seats occupied besides their own could be counted to the fingers of one hand. It was understandable; who in their right minds would buy tickets for the midnight screening of "Nemo" on a cold winter night?

Answer: couples unable to make out freely at home because of family members lurking behind every corner, insomniacs, losers, and -of course- them. Leeteuk knew it was a bad idea to go along with Donghae's plan once they had both expressed the sudden urge to get out of the dorm for a while. Still, he had just sighed and paid for the pop-corn and drinks once the younger boy excitedly pointed to the worn-out poster of their neighborhood's cinema. He'd rather watch a rom-com, or stroll aimlessly at the park, but the kids' needs always came first. And here he was now, his eyes following brightly coloured talking fish, an amused smile on his lips whenever Donghae burst in laughter, shoving his shoulder simultaneously as bits of pop-corn tossed off the tube and on Leeteuk every time.

 

He chuckled and sipped more Pepsi, relaxing back on the plush seat and waiting for that part of the movie to come. The whole group had watched "Nemo" a billion times since the day Donghae learned about it. They now knew by heart which scene caused what reaction from the brunet.

The squeaky voices of the characters as Nemo and his father finally reunited were obscured by the sound of the younger blowing his nose. Reaching in his jacket's pocket, Leeteuk produced an extra packet of tissues, offering it to Donghae without saying anything. The watery, grateful eyes of the short male were enough to convey what the movie's message meant to him.

 

They stayed till the last line of the credits fell, Leeteuk feeding pop-corn to the younger and occasionally wiping his running nose.