Window

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Window


 

26. Siwon & Ryeowook

 

"You shouldn't have done that!"

"But, hyung! You were in trouble!"

 

The older boy gritted his teeth whilst running, the younger keeping up with difficulty. Siwon's long strides quickly carried them away from the principal's office. After a few more minutes of frantic running, they were already far at the school's grounds for anyone to find them. Hiding behind a cluster of thick bushes, the two boys plopped down on the damp ground, desperately breathing the chilly, late-autumn air in their burning lungs.

 

"Did... did he punish you?" questioned Ryeowook in a tiny voice, afraid of the answer he might get. Siwon grimaced, the way the principal's wooden ruler had landed five times on his palms still fresh in his mind.

"He didn't finish... You made sure about that!" 

He shot an angry glare at the younger boy, but Ryeowook grinned sheepishly in return, relieved he had at least prevented the worst.

 

"Did the rock hit you?" the boy asked again and crouched closer to Siwon, taking his hands on his own.

"No, but you broke his ink-container apart from the window!"

Ryeowook bit his lip to suppress a giggle. "Suits him right! He was gonna punish you without evidence, even though you're part of the student council. Someone must have snitched that you covered Heechul-hyung for leaving without permission... What was I supposed to do?"

 

The older boy sighed and let Ryeowook softly caress his red, sensitive skin. Peeking through the branches to make sure no one had come close to discovering them yet, Siwon warned the small boy to keep his lips sealed and be careful not to reveal by mistake that it was him who interrupted the principal's punishment, or else Ryeowook would surely get it worse than his hyung. Ryeowook nodded absentmindedly, more concerned about the other boy than his own safety.