Chapter 57

Two Different Worlds

 

[Current timeline: still 110929]

“See? They like us together. They like you!” Jung Soo happily said as he pressed the brake and stopped his white Audi A5 in front of my house.

I weakly smiled. “Yup, but not everyone...”

Jung Soo’s shoulders immediately dropped and the smile on his face disappeared. “People from the company are not mean. They have to do their jobs; and protecting our image is one of those. As long as Youngmin sajangnim is oblivious to this, I think we are fine.”

That was not exactly what I meant to bring up. “But some of your members do not like our relationship. Not that I force them to, but I don’t want any fights among you guys, oppa.” When Eunhyuk stormed out of the living room, I could feel that the atmosphere was getting tense. Things got even worse when Siwon had to drag Kyuhyun out with him because the younger guy was becoming rude. I was afraid when Kyuhyun chose to voice out his opinion about my relationship. There was no way that it would be the positive and encouraging one. Never crossed my mind before that he was pissed when I, somehow, pissed his leader off. He muttered something like how important Jung Soo, Siwon and Sungmin were for him and I started to understand why he had been so jerky towards me all this time.

“Hyukjae was mad because we did not tell him sooner, not because we are in a relationship. He’ll forget it. So don’t worry, okay?” Jung Soo played with my thumb comfortably. “Kyuhyun is a really hard person to deal with. Ryeowook was right; we spoil him way too much. He tends to be so defensive over his hyungs and he’s kinda harsh sometimes. I don’t wanna lie to you, Kyuhyun always means every word he says. But the kid actually has a soft heart. He just needs some time to adjust with the reality, especially when it is not according to his plan.”

Kyuhyun means everything he says. I bit my lip.

“Don’t bother about him! The rest knows how kind you really are...,” Jung Soo took my hand and softly kissed the palm. “Kyuhyun wastes too much of his time playing computer games that his brain fails to work normally and thus, he also fails to differentiate the reality and his superfluous imagination. Seriously, what did he say? You? Annoying? Troublesome? Silly guy.”

I bit my lip even harder.

Jung Soo did not know how panicked I was right now. He was oblivious to how fast my heart was beating at the moment. How could he be so certain when he said that I was a nice girl? How could most of his Super Junior dongsaengs approve us going out together? Why were Donghae and Heechul so excited about this relationship? How could they say that I deserved someone better than Jung Soo, even though in joking manner, when it was obvious that I was not good enough for him?!

I could still remember when we just became official. Jung Soo said that he was way too old for me and he could not guarantee my happiness. He had not changed a bit since then. Funny... He was my happiness.

Jung Soo leaned closer and he kissed my forehead affectionately. “I’m here for you and you’re here for me, I think that’s all that counts.”

I nodded, but a certain plan was going through inside my mind. Something had to be done... as soon as possible.

He then slowly moved his lips towards mine, but before it could touch, my cell phone abruptly rang. Jung Soo proudly smiled at the sound of his voice as my ringtone, yet was a bit pissed because the er interrupted our sweet moment. “Turn off your phone, ______-ah,” he said, pouting.

I was about to do as he told me, but the caller ID was showing Donghae’s number. “It’s Donghae.”

My boy furrowed his eyebrows. Shrugging his shoulders, he continued, “Answer it quickly.”

I grinned and then I pressed the answer button. “Yeoboseyo, Donghae oppa.”

“Y-Yeobo-Yeoboseyo...,” the voice on the other line stuttered, fluttering a bit. Ah, it is not Donghae. “Um, is this ______-ah?”

“Yeah,” I answered unsurely.

“______-ah,” he started shyly. “This is Hyukjae oppa.” Uh? “I talked to Donghae and Siwon just now. Um, we were sorting things out and we thought that I’d need to call you to tell you this...” He paused for a while before clearing his throat and continuing, “______-ah, I hope you didn’t get the wrong idea. I feel so bad for leaving the room before. I was not mad because you’re dating Teuki hyung. In fact, I’ll support you if that’s what you two really want. I was rather angry because Teuki hyung did not even bother to tell me and only let Heechul hyung and Hae know about it. I’m really sorry, I hope you’ll understand.”

Sweet Hyukjae. I unknowingly put a wide smile on my face. Upon seeing my weird behavior, Jung Soo tugged my jacket and mouthed, “Are you alright? What did Hae say?”

I did not answer Jung Soo and said to Hyukjae instead, “It’s okay, Hyukjae oppa. I understood. I’m sorry on behalf of Jung Soo oppa for not letting you know earlier.”

“Apologies have been accepted even before you said it, ______-ah.” Hyukjae let out a giggle, he was calmer than before.

After I hung up the phone call, Jung Soo curiously asked, “Was that Hyukkie? Why was he calling you?”

“You were right. Hyukjae is very sweet and innocent. He was sorry for being rude back then. He did not hate me, oppa...”

Jung Soo beamed. “Told ya, babe.” Then we continued doing what was interrupted by Hyukjae...

--

Hhh. I laid my tired body on the bed. Thinking of what happened today, I knew that I had to start doing something. I took out my phone and dialed a number.

Once the person answered my call, I impatiently said, “Minho... I need to tell you something, and I hope you can do me a favor.”

“What is it?” Minho eagerly asked.

I quickly told him what went down this day―that Jung Soo finally revealed our relationship to some of his group mates and some of his managers. I also told him their reaction, from supporting, to rather supporting and to strongly objecting. The last, I asked him to do something for me―a part of my plan.

Minho gasped and uttered boldly, “I don’t want to do it. I know him better than you. He can be so meant that it’s only going to hurt you. No, ______. Just let Jung Soo hyung to take care of it.”

I knew that he would have said that. “Ah Minho, I cannot watch them fighting without doing anything to stop it! Please, I’m begging you.” I pleaded him even more.

“Tsk!” Minho grunted. He barely got angry but because of this matter, I made him even groan. “Did you not hear him?! He indirectly said that you’re a hoe. Aissh, that mean hyung. I am so gonna get a revenge.”

“No, Minho! Don’t. Don’t make it worse, okay? He was just angry, that’s all.” I tried to calm him down. “Please, help me, pretty please?”

Minho tiredly sighed. Unwilling, he gave in. “I’m giving you one chance to fix it. If you fail and it hurts you in return, don’t expect me to stay silent. This was not the first time he did this kind of thing to someone. What made it different was he did this to you, my friend. Aissh, seriously. That hyung is really, ugh.”

“Thank you so much, Minho. I promise you I’ll be fine!”

“You better be!”

--

[Current timeline: 111006]

Finally the day came.

After waiting in uncertainty for some time, at last I got to start launching my plan. This could not be delayed anymore. I had to make it clear.

“Hey, we’re here,” a voice―and a soft, gentle touch on my left palm―successfully brought me back to the world. “You’re sure you don’t want my company?”

I smiled to Minho. “It’s not like that. The less people involved, the better. You get me, right?”

Minho weakly nodded. “I do.” Of course he does. “Call me when something unexpected happens. I won’t be far from here.” Of course he won’t.

“You’re the best guy friend I ever had,” I said as I gave him a quick, warm hug. “See you soon, Minho. Once again, thanks for doing this. Thanks for letting me to do this.”

He playfully rolled his eyes. “Just go already before I change my mind!”

I proceeded to go out of his car. Waving his hand at me, he drove off. “Call me when he gets rude!”

“Got it!”

--

I approached a guy sitting in the corner of this rather quiet, empty café. Other people might be oblivious to his real identity as he looked kind of different that his usual appearance. But I knew better. The guy wearing black cardigan and washed out jeans, with a baseball cap to cover his face and no make-up on was no other than Cho Kyuhyun, Super Junior’s Evil Maknae.

From afar I had seen him sipping his hot drink gracefully. Yes, you read it right; gracefully. Straight away I felt a rush of intimidation waving myself. Kyuhyun’s aura was daunting.

You can do it! I cheered myself as I now stood right before him.

Kyuhyun did not notice my presence; his stare was fixed at his phone screen.

“Ahem,” I made a sound in purpose.

The supposed guy immediately looked up and saw me. He seemed shocked at first, but to my surprise, he composed himself sooner than I expected. Slowly but sure, a smirk appeared on his not so flawless face.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kyuhyun-ssi,” I greeted him stiffly. Oh God, this is awkward! Very awkward! Ugh, I wanted to escape from this guy already...  I knew that this was not going to be easy. The vicious kid was vicious and he had no intention to make it easier for both of us.

Kyuhyun chuckled in disgust. “I should have known that this would happen. Minho was never so eager just to see me. So it’s you behind this, huh?” His tone was playful and cold at the same time. I wondered how he managed to do it... Cho Kyuhyun.

“M-May I sit here?” I asked him in fright. This guy was even scarier than a mad Jung Soo. Really.

Kyuhyun smirked (evilly) again. “What if I said no?”

I skeptically looked at him, and instantly sat on the unoccupied chair before him. “We need to talk, Kyuhyun-ssi.” I stated.

The guy almost hit me with a roll of newspaper close to him but he realized that if I he did that, it would only draw people’s attention to us. So what he did was madly glaring at me. “Who said I agreed to talk?!” Jung Soo... how could you and your other members keep up with this kind of kid for years?! “You and Minho set this up! Aissh, that imma.” He abruptly stood up and frostily said, “I’m leaving.”

“Wh-WHAT?! Do-DON’T! Kyuhyun-ssi!” I held his arm, begging him to not go. He weakly budged his arm to escape from me, but I did not let him to. Where on earth could I have another chance to talk privately with him? “Please, it won’t be long.”

Kyuhyun deeply sighed and reluctantly sat down again. “Five minutes. And don’t you dare to touch me again.”

After we were comfortable enough in our own seat, I opened my mouth and nervously started, “May you explain why you’re like this towards me?”

The guy in front of me scowled. “You really wanna know why? You won’t go and cry on Jung Soo’s shoulder after that, right? Huh?” He mockingly challenged me.

Ugh Cho Kyuhyun, if Jung Soo was not my boyfriend, I would have punched you, seriously. This kid is way too annoying. “Don’t underestimate me, Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“AW! I’M SO SCARED!” He shouted in exaggeration. “Haha, ______-ssi... You are the reason why Jung Soo frequently got mad. He hates you, thus I hate you too.”

“Jung Soo hated me,” I corrected him, mentally smiling in victory. “He hated me in the past. I don’t know why you had to hate me just because Jung Soo did. But using the same logic, shouldn’t you ate least like and befriend me now? Jung Soo and I, after all, are a couple. Why don’t you now follow him as well? We can be friends.”

Kyuhyun’s jaw hardened, but soon after that his facial expression softened again and he slyly replied, “I know better than Jung Soo. I am intelligently much better than him. I know what’s in the mind of a girl like you. Shameless attention seeker. Tsk. Stop pretending. We have encountered a lot of you before. Trying to manipulate us by any means, then leaving just like that because your mission is a success; “I have made a Super Junior fall in love with me!” Haha. So low. Disgusting.”

I let my jaw hanging due to shock, agape. What?! He’s not for real, right? Gulping down my saliva was rather hard, something was blocking my throat. Kyuhyun, you crazy.

“What? So surprised that I read you so perfectly?” He conceitedly asked. UGH I WANNA PUNCH HIM.

I took another minute to finally be able to control my mind and feelings. Kyuhyun, what an interesting guy you are. “So that’s what you think of me? Cho Kyuhyun, you’re so laughable I pity you.” Taking a deep breath in, I prepared for the long speech I was about to say. “You might be intelligent. You might be the smartest person among the group. I vaguely remember Jung Soo once said that you received Gold medal in Mathematics Olympiad. You must be so freaking brainy. But Kyuhyun-ssi... You think too much that eventually you fail to feel. I cannot and will not force you to believe me, but the things you mentioned before never crossed my mind even once. I can say anything and you still won’t buy it. Only time can tell the truth. Only time will let you to know the truth. It’s okay, Kyuhyun-ssi. I will still be next to your leader when the time comes.”

Kyuhyun stared at the thin air. He then drifted his eyes to meet mine and chuckled. Little did I know that he was starting to question whether he was doing the right thing or not. Little did I know that he was beginning to feel so bitter, inside he was worried if he was making a fatal mistake. He was worried if he was starting an unnecessary war.

“So sure, eh? How old are you? Aren’t you too young for Jung Soo? Aren’t you too young even for our Henry?” Kyuhyun spat. “Wait. Do you know what Jung Soo is doing right now? Are you still okay about it?”

Eh? What’s he talking about right now?“Another round of shooting,” I calmly replied.

“Ah, you don’t know?” Kyuhyun asked. That deceitful smile. He took his phone and dialed someone. When he put the loudspeaker on and the person on the other line answered the call, I got nervous. What is this kid doing?

“What are you calling me for, Kyuhyun-ah?” A familiar voice said. A mix of tiredness, coldness and a bit of bliss. Wait, bliss?

“Where are you, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked. Another cunning smile. He knows where Jung Soo is! But I did not... Wait. I did not know where Jung Soo was. This morning he said he had an important show to shoot. Ah, maybe in Star King studio. Few days ago Jung Soo told me in excitement that he would be the host of that variety show along with Boom. But I still smelt something fishy going on.

“You don’t know, Kyuhyun-ah? I’m in Busan...” BUSAN? WHY IS HE IN BUSAN?

I unconsciously furrowed my eyebrows. Kyuhyun had little smirk on his face. “Ah I see. How is Kang Sora in person?”

Jung Soo giggled, forgetting his cold action towards Kyuhyun just a while ago. “She is much more beautiful in reality than on TV. So pretty, and so polite to me and the staff. The atmosphere is so good. I don’t even feel tired right now.” Liar, I can feel you wearing out. But who was this Kang Sora Kyuhyun and Jung Soo referring to?

“Oh, I envy you, hyung. You got to take part in We Got Married... being paired with one of Korea’s rising stars.” WE GOT WHAT. I almost choked the moment I heard Kyuhyun mention We Got Married. No. No. Jung Soo is not joining that show. No. Especially not without telling me about it. Kyuhyun must be lying. I tried to keep my calm.

“Actually, the PD said to me that he’d arrange another meeting with SM and our managers. Maybe they’ll add more of us in the show, I don’t know yet.”

“Ah, that’s good. Okay Jung Soo, see you later.” Kyuhyun abruptly hung up the call.

My head was hurting. Jung Soo... you did not take part in We Got Married without telling me, did you? You did not take part in that variety show, did you? I knew it was scripted, but Victoria unnie ended up dating her co-star Nichkhun. You would not wind up like that, would you? WOULD YOU?

“You seem clueless about it,” Kyuhyun uttered. “How could your own boyfriend not tell you that he was joining another show? Worse, it’s We Got Married. Poor you...”


 

Aw poor OC had to find out about WGM from Kyuhyun... Anyway, being the lazy me, I did not re-read it. Might fix mistakes tomorrow, or the day after ;P

@Coralie_x_SHINee: you found that nice, I, as the author, still find it creepy XD

@Aigooo: yesseu, Kyuhyun you HOW COULD YOU

@soulsistah: yes, Jung Soo had to let them know earlier... But it's always easier said than done XD

@peacelovehugs: me too sobs

@sugenluv: actually, the appearance of Woohyun was a cameo one. But I will write more of him, if that fits the story XD

@superhyukkie: yesseu, Hyukjae was sad ;( But he cheered up in this chapter XD Back to the innocent, kind hearted Lee Hyukjae!