Chapter 68

Two Different Worlds

 

[111119 – Seoul Olympic Stadium]

The door opened and revealed huge waiting room packed with people and concert properties. Varied costumes―from fierce black outfits to playful-looking ones―and men’s shoes―from pantofel to Chucks―were literally everywhere. A complete set of make-up tools was on the table, and I knew Ye Eun had been eyeing that since we stepped inside the room.

Stylist coordinators, make up artists and backstage managers were having hard, stressful time. I shook my head in disbelief, trying to find a glimpse of Super Junior members in this crowded room. “Ah there they are!” I squealed happily as I saw some members in a corner of the room, playing guitar and singing, already wearing make up and in their stage costumes.

Junghoon smiled and walked to them, Ye Eun and me following behing. “Guys, special guests for ya’!”

Two heads instantly shot up, aware of Junghoon’s cheerful voice. “______-ah! Ye Eun-ah!” Siwon and Zhou Mi shouted in unison.

A stranger who was playing the guitar stopped and smiled at the two of us.

“Thank you for coming and giving us support!” Siwon continued in English. Junghoon left us to go back to his work.

“Ay Siwoooooon~ ______ isn’t here for us! Only for, aheem,” Zhou Mi cleared his throat in purpose. “...leader!” He playfully said. I blushed upon that. Aw so straightforward ;_;

“No, Mi ge!” I denied. “I’m supporting ALL of you!” I put more stress on the word ‘all’.

Ye Eun laughed and ruffled my hair. “She’s lying, oppa. She’s here for Leeteuk oppa only, hahaha.”

I unconsciously put a pout on my face. It had been only several minutes and I received so much embarrassment already.

“Oh anyway!” Siwon said, a little more excited than usual. “Meet my friend PJ! He’s the founder of this Christian rock band I am in, 3rd Wave Music. We’re collaborating for my solo performance. Look forward to it, okay?”

PJ, the man looking much older than Siwon and Zhou Mi, shook both Ye Eun’s and my hands, smiling friendlily. “Hello, I’m Johnny. But the boys call me PJ. Nice to meet you two!”

“My name’s Choi Ye Eun, nice to meet you too!”

“Hi PJ,” I smiled shyly. “Nice to know you.”

“Oppa, do you know where the rest might be?” Ye Eun cheekily asked.

Siwon and Zhou Mi glanced at each other and at me, smiling knowingly. Ah I hated that kind of smile!

“The rest or only Jung Soo hyung?” Siwon asked, giggling like a madman. I knew it! I knew it! They would never stop torturing me! These kids!

Zhou Mi had to slighlty slap the buff guy’s arm so the latter finally shut up and consciously glanced at the surrounding, hoping that no staff heard a thing. I mentally facepalmed. You just really can’t ask much from these stupid dorks...

“Come on, go with me,” Zhou Mi’s face lit up and he stood up. Siwon followed suit. “PJ, you’re joining?”

“Haha no, you youngsters go have some fun before it begins. Release the tension, yes?”

Leaving PJ alone, Ye Eun, Zhou Mi, Siwon and I got out of the crowded waiting room and proceeded to the next one, a smaller and much, much less crowded room. There were the rest of Super Junior, and their private guests.

I could feel my face slowly lightening up as I spotted Jung Soo. He was there, lazily sitting on the couch farthest from the door with earphones on, ignoring other people here.

“Ye Eun-ah! ______-ah!” Jonghyun shouted as he saw us. Most eyes automatically turned to our direction.

Siwon, without being asked to, explained, “We met them next room just now.”

Zhou Mi nodded.

I diverted my focus from the sleeping figure of Jung Soo to the whole surrounding. The whole Super Junior, SHINee, f(x) minus Krystal and one over third of Girls’ Generation were here. I was not surprised meeting them all here. Ye Eun and I approached them and exchanged several hellos and hugs with some of them.

My eyes met Taeyeon’s, who was also here. She gave me a small smile and I gladly ree to her. There was no more awkwardness and tense between us at this point. I guessed Jung Soo had talked to her and Yoona about every misunderstanding that occurred last time, same thing like what he had told me; that both Taeyeon and Yoona were two of his close friends. He treated them like real sisters, because they all had known each other since long time ago. Sharing secrets was usually done between them, so I did not have to feel uncomfortable if any of the girls ever knew something about my relationship with Jung Soo, because big chance was my boyfriend spilled it to them himself. I was mostly okay with that, even though a little part of my mind kept telling me that there was a possibility of the two being possible future threat for me and Jung Soo. But I quickly shrugged off that kind of thoughts, Jung Soo would be utterly disappointed with me if he knew I supposed that way.

“Hey, ______-ah, meet my members, Sunny and Hyoyeon,” Taeyeon warmly introduced me to two girls, one petite like her and one with long blonde hair. I was taken aback for a brief moment by Taeyeon’s surprisingly nice action.

Smiling slightly, I shook my hand with theirs. “Hi. My name is ______.” Yes, I just had to be an awkward turtle in front of these beautiful women.

“Yo girl, chillax. My name is Hyoyeon and I won’t bite you. In fact, I do believe we can be friends,” the girl chuckled decently, showing her perfect, white teeth. “So, whatcha doin’ here? I haven’t seen you around, but your name sounds really familiar.”

I could feel my cheeks reddening. It would be super embarrassing and yes, I had to endure it alone because Jung Soo was still sleeping soundly in the corner of the room, not even knowing that I was here. Pfft. Such helpless boyfriend. “Mmm, I’m Ye Eun’s friend, Hyoyeon unnie.”

Whistles came from some Super Junior members, SHINee members and f(x) members.

“Just Ye Eun’s friend?” I heard Sungmin mockingly asked. Ugh. These guys.

Hyoyeon and Sunny wore confused facial expressions, while the rest were making stupid faces. I kept my face straight.

“So, ______!” Sunny exclaimed as she took my hand. “Who do you think is the most handsome?” She blinked at me. GOD, JUST NO. “If you’re Ye Eun’s age, I guess you will choose either Kyuhyun, Henry, or SHINee members, right? Haha, so... Which one of them is closest to your type?”

Closest to my type like what?!

“Ay Sunny unnie, you just have no idea,” Sulli muttered cutely.

“True! True!” Jinki and Ryeowook chanted at the same time. The latter continued some more, “Soonkyu-ah, if only you knew!”

I flushed even more. “Ah oppa, stop~”

“Is there something we’re clueless about here?” Hyoyeon asked. “You guys better tell us the truth or else...”

“Well, I’m also friends with them,” I said to Hyoyeon, pointing my finger at the idols around me. “Oh! Minho is my bestie!” Minho grinned and ruffled my hair. “Krystal isn’t here, but I hang out a lot with her too.”

“That’s true,” Shindong said. “But not the whole truth.” He giggled like a mad man.

The rest began to laugh as well, clapping their hands in excitement. “Soonkyu-ah, Hyoyeon-ah, she’s leader’s girlfriend!” Hyukjae mischievously spilled the secret. Ok, thanks, Hyukkie.

Sunny’s and Hyoyeon’s eyes widened, shocked. “Ah, jinjja, oppa?!” The latter asked, half shouting. Then she diverted her attention to me, eyebrows narrowed.

Sulli, Luna and Donghae nodded their heads vigorously. The others were still laughing. Ugh. “Omo, omo! She’s blushing!” Luna pointed her finger at me. Cool. So I’m blushing right now. Ugh, cheeks, why can’t you cooperate with me?!

I glanced once again at Leeteuk, but still, he was innocently dozing off on the sofa. Pffffttt.

“______-ssi, you’re Leeteuk oppa’s girlfriend?” Sunny asked me. “Omona, why didn’t oppa tell us he’s dating a girl? Moreover, you’re a foreigner! Jinjja, oppa daebak! The best!” She playfully caressed my hair, wondering its color. “Oppa got himself a jackpot!”

Hyoyeon agreed. “I know, right?! Wow. Young, pretty, and you must speak English well!”

“Jung Soo hyung is so lucky, isn’t he?” Minho added. “She’s my best friend so I know her very well. I have to say, she really has a good personality and if Leeteuk hyung dares to hurt her, I will be so disappointed at him.” He smiled sweetly at me.

“WAAAH! Minho-ya!” Jonghyun said. “It felt as if you were confessing to ______-ah!” The others instantly burst into laughter, but as I glanced at Hyoyeon and Sunny, I noticed that they were looking at each other and standing up at the same time.

The two girls walked toward Jung Soo and next thing I knew, they were shaking my boyfriend’s body, distracting him from his sleep. “Oppa, wake up. Jung Soo oppa~”

Before I could mindlessly scold these two innocent Girls’ Generation members for waking up my sleep-deprived Jung Soo, he already opened up his heavy eyelids. The pair of eyes of Jung Soo’s was red and watery. It forever pained my heart to see him in such condition. “Oh, you guys. Is it time to get on stage?”

“No,” Sunny answered, pouting. “Oppa, why didn’t you tell me that you’re dating?”

Jung Soo’s eyes opened wide. “I am not!”

I knew he was going to say that, but still it hurt my pride and moreover, my heart, to see him denying our relationship right in front of me.

Sunny and Hyoyeon skeptically looked at Jung Soo. Hyoyeon raised her hand and pointed at me. “So you’re telling me that the pretty girl over there is not your girlfriend?”

I smiled awkwardly when Jung Soo turned his head to my direction and waved at him. “Hello.”

You know, it felt similar to heaven when Jung Soo saw me, and rather than being surprised by how I was even here, his face lit up as if he loved the fact that I was here, just a few meters from him. He seemed to forget the situation he currently was in and ignored all the mocking whistles and childish teasing coming from everyone in the room. He was focusing only at me. “Hello,” he said.

I was not as helpless as Jung Soo and saw how Sunny and Hyoyeon’s jaws dropped. The shorter girl uttered in disbelief, “Oppa is obviously in love. I had never seen him like this before.”

“Playboy Teuk has found the love of his life,” Hyoyeon added.

They both went back to their seats and looked at me in awe. “I thought you were just another Jung Soo oppa’s fling. But after seeing the way he looks at you, this is ridiculous. Just get married already you two!” Sunny said.

“I know, right?!” Donghae exclaimed in excessive excitement.

“Donghae hyung likes romantic stuff so much,” Henry said, with face a bit sour. “He likes things related to marriage.”

“That’s it, then!” a guy shouted from across the room. I instantly looked at the source of the voice and found a not so amused Kyuhyun smirking. “Donghae hyung will definitely love what will happen tomorrow in the second show.” His face was ridiculously satisfied and I knew whatever he was talking about, it did not intend to make me happy.

Some faces in the room turned bitter as if the people whom those sour faces belonged to did not want to talk about it; Donghae’s, Hyukjae’s, Sungmin’s, Ryeowook’s, and yes, including Jung Soo’s.

Sungmin managed to nonchalantly say, “That’s scripted, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“What’s scripted, oppa?” Ye Eun asked, representing the curious heads inside the room. Including me—but of course I would not admit that I was curious.

However, before Sungmin could answer the question aim for him, the door opened and revealed the face of Junghoon. “Kids, playing time is over! You’re up on stage in fifteen minutes! Taeyeon, Minho, you know where to sit, please do me a favor and bring our cute guests there, okay? f(x), don’t stray too far from the backstage. You guys have to be by the stage in the first MENT, “Oops!” is right after “You are My Endless Love”. Super Junior, please collect your microphones next room.”

Everyone exchanged hugs and positive supports. I had hugged half of Super Junior until Jung Soo unsurprisingly appeared right in front of me. His dongsaengs were watching and ready to tease us, but even so, with limited time that we had, Jung Soo could not get us a little more private room to talk.

Jung Soo started with lowering his face down to my height and looking at me right in the orbs. I could see through all the mixed emotions he had. “Thanks for coming, baby,” he said with a very low voice—some teasing from his group members following after.

He hugged me really tightly and I hugged him back. “I’ll talk to you later. I love you. Only you.” His soft whisper which was audible just for me echoed in my mind. He loves me, only me.

I did not say that I loved him back—not having the boldness to say so in front of these gorgeous, popular SM Town idols, but I was sure that he had already known it by seeing the smile plastered on my face.

Minho pulled me off of Jung Soo and abruptly uttered a quick apology because he needed to get me to my seat. I glanced at Super Junior members for one more time and tried to say something like “Fighting!” but of course magnificently failed because Jung Soo’s hug still had an effect on me and disabled me from functioning properly. Yup, thanks, boyfriend.

As I walked inside the huge concert hall with Minho, Ye Eun and Key—the others had left first with Taeyeon, I was taken aback by how many people there were. It was a full house show and they were all the fans of the group my boyfriend was in. Emotions rushed through my blood. My heartbeat increased, and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. Some distorted thoughts such as “What if they know that I’m the leader’s girlfriend” managed to slip into my mind, but I was more to excitement than misery tonight and decided to ignore it and focus on the euphoria of the concert, completely unknowing of the unforeseen storm approaching me.


 

a/n: i'm so sorry for not updating this fic for a long time. i have my reason(s), and one of them includes the sudden death of my grandma. i don't know, i actually have written this chapter since the moment i finished the last one, but i couldn't seem to write like the last page of the chapter. i am definitely sorry, i know i have disappointed some of you (if not all of you). i am working on the next chapter right now. i am not giving it up. i'm like how, in this story, leeteuk often feels ashamed to oc because he's done so many mistakes to her ;; i am ashamed to say sorry because i know i've done so many wrong things. but if you feel like you can't stand me anymore, unsubscribe... it's fine with me. though, i wanna say thank you, deeply thank you, for 104 subscribers who still stay, waiting for me to update this story. i wanna hug you all, and say sorry personally to you if i can. ;;

i dont have much time on the internet rn so i cant reply your message, but i read it, and will probably reply later via phone. i love you all, thank you, and i am really sorry T_T