Chapter 29

Two Different Worlds

 

Jeez, last night was tiring! Okay, I basically just drove and talk to Jung Soo, but still... I fell asleep at three in the morning. I should have directly slept the moment I arrived home. But it wasn’t an easy thing to do. At all. I spent one and half an hour on the daydreaming and rethinking what just happened. I couldn’t help it... Jung Soo was like the sweetest person ever.

I woke up late today, at nine. No one was bothered enough to wake me up. Maybe my parents thought that I had left to school already. Gaby was still asleep though. This girl...

I checked my phone. Two million missed calls from Ye Eun. I quickly texted her, “Woke up late. Skipped school. Ciao~” I could imagine her scolding me later, haha.

Even though I was fully awake now, I didn’t feel like getting out of the bed and taking a shower or grabbing something to eat. It was only nine, anyway. Continuing my sleep a bit more wouldn’t hurt anyone, right?

--

“Dude, can I borrow your laptop?”

Eh what?I yawned.

“Dude, hello. Can I borrow your laptop?”

Eh.“Yeah whatever,” I sleepily answered. Seriously, who dared to distract me from sleeping would get a payback later.

I went back to sleep.

--

It was twelve in the middle of the day when I finally woke up for real. Haha. Lazy cow. I idly took a bath and went downstairs. Empty stomach is empty and I need some food!!!

Anyway, since today I didn’t go to school, then maybe I could take Gaby and Evan out to somewhere. I didn’t know places tourist usually went to, but Google must have known. I heard that Lotte World was kinda cool though. Never been there cuz Ye Eun didn’t like that kind of place and going there with Krystal or Minho was absolutely a no-no. Gaby had always loved adventurous things and Evan wouldn’t mind going to theme park. I really wished we could go there today.

I searched for Gaby after eating. I just realized, where had she been?! I didn’t see her back in my room, nor down here in the kitchen and living room.

Did she go somewhere? I went to Evan’s room and knocked on the door.

“Come in!” I heard a male’s shout.

I opened the door and got in.

Evan was busy getting stuff out of his suitcase. “Hey ______. I didn’t know you’re home. Why didn’t you go to school?”

“Nah, I woke up very late today,” I said. “Whatcha doin’?”

“Preparing~ I’m planning to go to some places. Seoul Arts Center, palaces, Kyobo book store... Wanna come with me?”

“I was actually going to ask you to go out with me. Amusement park or historical site. Anywhere.”

“Oh cool. We can figure out where to go later.”

“Yeah, where’s Gaby anyway?”

Evan looked at me weirdly. “Wasn’t she in your room?” He continued, “I haven’t seen her since morning. Did she... did she leave without telling me?! Ugh, Gaby.” Evan grabbed his phone and called some number. Uh-oh.

Just in time, the door was flung open and a head popped out from outside. “Bro, why are you calling me?”

Oh there she was!

“Gab, where were you?” I asked her. “Listen, your brother and I are going out, you gotta come with us!”

Gaby came in and coldly looked at me. “Do you think that I still would want to go anywhere with you after what you did to me?”

Wh- Sorry, what?!

“Gab! What’s gotten in you?! Be polite, okay?” Evan warned her.

Ignoring her brother, Gaby continued, “Do you think that I would still want to hang around with you after you lied to me like this?”

Jaw just dropped. What is it all about? I didn’t lie to her! I never lied to her! Okay, I did, once. I lied about knowing Super Junior, but that was all! I didn’t lie about anything except that to her. So what is this thing she’s talking about? Wait... no. No. NO. Did she find it out? No way. But how?!

“Evan, can you please give us some privacy...,” I weakly said.

Evan worriedly looked at me but still he left the room.

“You must have laughed at me behind my back all this time.”

I sat on Evan’s bed. My legs lost its strength.

Gaby snorted. “Did you laugh inside when I foolishly answered all your fake questions?” Gaby bitterly asked. “No objections? Okay. I knew it, I was right.”

I furiously shouted, “NO! I have reasons for not telling you that I know them!”

“THEM? So not only Leeteuk?! Dammit, you know I’m their biggest fan!” Oh cool, so we started shouting now...

I pointed at her. “That’s why! You’re their biggest fan! How could I go to their biggest fan and brag about knowing them?! God knew what you could possibly do.”

Gaby stared at me in disbelief. “And you didn’t trust me? You really thought that I would force you and do something crazy towards them?”

Aissh, it wasn’t like that at all... But well yeah, I didn’t trust her, true. I remained silent.

“Jeez, you’re impossible!” Gaby exclaimed.

“I made you meet them, wasn’t that enough?!”

Gaby snorted again. “It was like a bribe? So that I had to know nothing and act like a moron in front of you?”

I did facepalm. It was frustrating. Why did she so overreact like this? Ugh. “How did you find it out?” I helplessly asked.

“Your laptop wallpaper,” Gaby answered in a cold tone. “Picture of you and Leeteuk together, eh?” Oh stupid me! Stupid! So before, it wasn’t a dream! “Hold on, are you and him...?!” Gaby’s eyes widened.

Me and him what? Oh. Ooooh, I get it.No. “No we’re not.”

“Yeah right, and you thought I’d totally believe that.”

“Just let me explain, okay?”

Gaby didn’t say anything so I took that as a yes.

“I know them from a friend. I’m not personally close with them. But yes, I talk to them. Especially Siwon, Donghae, Heechul, Eunhyuk and... Jung Soo. I’m closest to him, in fact,” I said. Gaby still stared at me tensely.

“How close?” Oh she finally responded!

I hesitated a bit before opening my mouth. How to explain it to Gaby... If I lied and got caught again, God knew what she would do to me. Hhh. “We text and talk on the phone. And sometimes we manage to see each other in the midst of his busy schedule.”

Gaby’s jaw dropped just like that. She sat beside me on the bed. After two minutes of awkward silence, she said, “You. My cousin. Leeteuk. Oh no... No. Don’t contact him anymore.”

Say what?!

“You’re only eighteen. Don’t contact him anymore.”

I’m only eighteen, but why do I need to stop contacting Jung Soo? Where’s the logic?

“Do you realize what you just said?”

Gaby nodded. She worriedly looked at me. Where did the anger go?! “I’m saying this all as a fan of him. He’s almost thirty. We’re ten years younger than him. His focus now is finding someone to marry, not just to hang around together and flirt.”

I laughed. “Our relationship is not like that.”

“Come on,” Gaby said. “How long have I known you? Who was there when you fell in love, had relationship and experienced break-ups? I recognize that look in your face.”

I closed my mouth, thinking... so have I fallen that hard for him? That people can actually see it just by looking at my face?

“Gab, you’re not mad anymore?” And as I asked that, Gaby’s eyebrows furrowed again. Ah, wrong question.

“I am!” She shouted. “But now I’m more to concerned than mad.”

“Concerned?”

Gaby nodded. “Yes. Concerned. I seriously advise you now. Leeteuk is not the right person for you, kay. Don’t have high expectation on him. You’ll end up hurting yourself. Leeteuk... Girl, you and him live in different worlds.”

Different? Really? I am completely aware that yes, he’s old. Too old for me, indeed. He accidentally also happens to be a part of Asian boy band Super Junior. But only that, right? RIGHT?

Gaby then said, “He’s going soon. Two years in the military... And you can’t wait for him. Why? Because you’re eighteen and eighteen year old girls have fun instead of waiting in vain for someone who cannot be reached.”

Ouch that’s deep. The more I listen to Gaby, the more frustrated I become. Yeah, I’m eighteen. He’s twenty eight. If he goes now... then he’ll come back once he’s thirty ._.

“And come on ______, he’s a Super Junior! Don’t say that he’s “ONLY” a Super Junior. You know how crazy I am over them. Can you handle the other hundred thousands of me out there? He has travelled to most of Asian countries to hold concert. He just went to Paris with the other SM artists. World domination is his target.”

Oh okay... I sometimes forgot how popular Jung Soo really was. Because when he was with me, he was barely Leeteuk of Super Junior...

“And let me knock some sense into your brain, what will the fans and the nation think of him if he dates an eighteen year old foreigner? What? e?”

I really wanted to say that Gaby was just being delusional. Jung Soo was not like that at all. The one she described was Leeteuk. Jung Soo that I knew was the cutest, most childish, most complicated man I had ever met in life. But I couldn’t. Cuz Gaby would think that I was the delusional one. She didn’t know the real side of Park Jung Soo.

I sighed. This topic was way too heavy for me. “I’m going to my room.”

There, I sat on the chair. Thinking, even though I didn’t want to. Is what I’m doing now right? Am I being too reckless? I feel like doing it, but if it hurts in the end... will it be worth the pain?

No matter what, I should be thankful that Gaby was barely mad at me. She was more into the story of me and Jung Soo. It irritated me somehow, but was way better than having endless cold war with her.


 

A bit too late from what I expected but well yeah, Chapter 29 is here

Haha, if it ain't good... dude I just experienced what they called "writer's block" and this was the best that I could write T_T

Anyway, SMTown Tokyo just ended! How lucky they were ;A; Three days of SMTown! jshdfjshfjhf if only I lived in Tokyo ;~;

@peacelovehugs: don't die! Don't die! If you died you won't be able to read the next chapters kkk

@__tHeeViloNe__: you're welcome! ^^

@shiqa_minho: he did! Butterfly kiss tho ;P

@lovelight32: I will, I will >.<

@Aigooo: thank you! :3

@TheKpopfreak4life: aaw I'm sorry for the swearing :(

@leeteukbaby: hihi thanks!

@soulsistah: ;PP

@LilacFairy-Chu: you're welcome again :))