Chapter 22

Two Different Worlds

 

I had not seen nor been in contact with Jung Soo these past few days. It felt like years since last time I heard from him. I didn’t try to call or text him. However, I didn’t miss him, right? It just felt a bit wrong when he wasn’t around. But nah, I didn’t miss him.

Okay... a bit! Just a bit, I admitted! I missed him, a bit! A little! Ugh, it because I couldn’t go to SM and have a little chance to bump into him. Minho was in Japan with SHINee and Krystal had days-off. I basically didn’t have any reasons to go there. What? Ye Eun? You’re asking me about Ye Eun? The thing was, Ye Eun was closest to SHINee and f(x). And since SHINee was in Japan and f(x) was in break they didn’t have to show up at SM, now she didn’t go there as much as she did before. Asking her to take me to SM just to see Jung Soo meant suicide. She’d laugh at and tease me every day. No way.

I quickly went downstairs when I heard the doorbell rang. Who could it be? Dad? Nah, it was way too early for him to go home. Mum? Well, could be... She said she’d go home in the evening. But who knew for sure? Ye Eun? No, she’d call me if she came over. Jung Soo? HAHA, NO FREAKING WAY. Even though I sort of hoped that it’d be his face that I saw when I opened the door... Ha, why am I like this?

I turned the doorknob and I was shocked, to... the... max... when I saw... my two cousins standing in front of the door now! WHAAAAAAT?!?! WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE?!?! GABY AND EVAN! WHAT THEY HECK ARE THEY DOING HERE? AM I HALLUCINATING RIGHT NOW?!

Gaby suddenly hugged me and she cheered, “Miss you cuz!”

I saw Evan smiling at me. He waved his hand. “Hi, it’s been a while~ How are you, dear?”

“I- I- WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE?!” I stuttered but managed to shout at them. Finally.

They both giggled. Before they could answer me, I heard a shout. “Evan! Help me with these suitcases!”

It was Mum. She was unloading suitcases from the car trunk. I didn’t notice her there before.

Evan ran to her and started carrying the suitcases. I opened the door wider and motioned him to put it all in the living room first.

After that, we all went inside the house. Mum spoke up, “Do you like the surprise?”

“Yeah, ______. Are you surprised? Haha! I’m finally here, baby!” Gaby continued, “I got to see you again!”

I pulled her into a hug. I was very surprised indeed. I loved Gaby so much. We were same age and we used to go to the same school until junior high. Senior high was a bit different. We went to different schools and we weren’t as close as we used to be. But the connection between us was always there. Evan was her brother. He was two years older than us. He was always a caring, reliable brother. Not only to Gaby, but to me too. I loved both of them. BUT SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE?!

“What are you guys doing here? I thought school holidays were already over.”

Evan answered, “Did you lose your time orientation or half of your memory? We’re still in summer holiday, silly!” He laughed.

“They’ll be staying here for the next two weeks,” Mum announced.

“Where are uncle and aunty?” I sadly asked. I missed them too!

“Mum and Pap not coming with us. They have jobs to do. It’s not days off for them,” Gaby said.

Mum then went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Evan went to the guest room. I led Gaby to my room. She would sleep with me because we didn’t have any more guest rooms. Well, we did. But Mum put so much useless stuff in it and was apparently lazy to get all of them out so then we could turn it back into a proper bedroom. But Gaby and I were practically okay sharing a room. So yeah... No big deal.

Gaby took her things out of the luggage. I helped her placing the toiletries and all the small stuff. “Wow dude, I can’t believe I’m in Seoul right now. S-E-O-U-L~” Gaby literally sang the S-E-O-U-L.

“Yeah! I can’t believe you’re here! It’s like, I’m going back home. I miss being home.” I became a bit gloomy. Must stop it. “You flew hours only to see me...”

Gaby giggled out of the blue. Why did she giggle stupidly like that? “Well...,” she tried to say something but failed. Instead, she kept giggling.

I curiously looked at her. “WHAT?!”

Gaby tried to gain composure back again. When she was finally calmer than before, she said, “You were not the only reason why I went here though. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~” She cracked up again.

...

...

...

I THOUGHT I KNEW WHAT SHE WAS UP TO. “NO, GABY, NO!”

Gaby giggled. “YES, ______, YES!” She laughed again. “HAHAHAHA IT’S MY FAVORITE BOY BAND’S COMEBACK. I HAVE A COUSIN TO GUIDE ME IN SEOUL CITY. HOW COULD I NOT BEG MUM TO LET ME GO HERE? MUAHAHAHAHAHA!”

I screamed in disbelief, “Aaaaaaaaah~ Gaby you traitor! You just used me as an excuse! You’re here to see Super Junior! I can’t believe it!” I threw pillows at her. She just continued laughing. Remember that long time ago, I told you a bit about my cousin who is a big fan of Korean artists? Well, the person is now in front of me.

During dinner, I refused to talk to Gaby. She loved Super Junior more than me! I knew that though... She had been so into them and K-Pop since two years ago. She tried to convert me into a K-Pop lover, but back then... well, you guys knew right? She didn’t succeed. I didn’t need to get into K-Pop world. The lesson I learnt from observing Gaby over the years was, once you got in that world, you’d spend all your energy, your time and your money on those boy bands who barely knew that you existed. You’d be so into it that you would never ever be able to get out of it. It was very addictive. It was like a drug. Gaby always said that they inspired her a lot and they helped her get through all her problems. However, I had never been in that stage. So I guess I would simply never understand her obsession. Not that I ever tried to though...

“Why did you decide to go here?” I asked Evan. I knew he wasn’t too interested in Asian stuff like Gaby.

Evan stopped chewing his food and drank the water. “To be honest, I don’t know why. You know I would not waste my precious holiday to travel to country I’m not even familiar with. I’d rather take summer course and get out of school as fast as I can. But well yeah, I gotta admit that I missed my little baby girl!” He pinched my cheek. “Aren’t you happy that I’m here?”

I pouted. “I am happy. So much. I miss our hometown. Can you take me back there?”

Evan laughed. “Haha, your mum would freak out and your dad would hire James Bond to shoot me down.”

I knew he was saying the truth. I hated it somehow. I loved my friends here. I loved great people I met here. I loved Jung Soo, eh WHAT DID I SAY?! But it was still different. It didn’t feel like home.

I was texting Ye Eun in my room when suddenly someone knocked on the door. “Come in!” I shouted. I didn’t see who was barging inside my room. The only thing I knew was that whoever that person was, he/she reminded me of Jung Soo and the back hug he gave me the other day. He/she was now hugging me from behind too. Just like Jung Soo. I blushed.

I turned around to see who it was. Uum... Gaby.

Gaby opened , “You know I didn’t mean that. I love you more than I love them. But I used to see you every day. And I can always call you or we can always see each other via Skype. Super Junior is different, okay? I don’t get to see them every day. Big chance I will never even see them in my whole life. You get me, right?”

I hugged her. Yeah, I got her. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t mad. I don’t know... I’ve been so jumpy these days. I’m sorry.”

She beamed. “So you’re going to accompany me to see them?! I need to see them at least once here!”

Ya~ Gaby was so sure that she would meet them. Wait, I didn’t tell her that I actually knew Super Junior, right? I didn’t, did I? “Gaby, but how are you gonna meet them?”

“Well, I already did some research. I maybe will go to SM Entertainment. And Yesung is opening a new coffee shop. Probably if I’m lucky I will see them there. And one more, I gotta sign up to watch either Mubank, Mucore or Inki in the studio. I’m not really sure how it works, but I hope I can get there.” Gaby explained enthusiastically.

Seeing her very excited about meeting the boys like this... Should I tell her truth? Tell her that I know them?

“Hey Gab, what if Super Junior was your friend?” I casually asked.

Gaby widened her eyes. “I WOULD TURN THEM ALL INTO MY BOYFRIENDS, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!” Ha -_- Seems like it’s not a really good idea.

I asked her again, “Why do you like them so much?” I was really curious at this point.

“Well... I love all K-Pop groups. But they were my first group. That’s why they’re special. Outsiders may adore them because of their music and looks. But once you try to know them, you’ll see that they’re more than that. They’re really precious. Their personalities are just love.”

Dude, anyone, you should have seen the way Gaby explained it all. Her eyes were literally sparkling. She looked as if she was in love. Jung Soo and friends, what have you done to my cousin? ;A; “Who’s your favorite member?”

“Sungmin oppa!” Gaby squealed in excitement. “He’s the squishiest person alive! You should see him! OMG, I gotta show you something!” Gaby took her laptop from the bag and turned it on. She was always this excited while talking about Super Junior. Should I tell her?

“Look! ______, look!” Gaby pointed at the laptop screen. It was playing a video of... well, I recognized it was Sungmin. But he looked younger here. I watched him playing guitar and singing an English song. He was good. “Young Sungmin on Star King! Isn’t he just adorable?!”

I smiled. “Yes he is. Most of the time he acts like a child,” I mumbled.

“What?!” Gaby half shouted. “What did you just say?”

“Eh? Nothing...”

Soon after that, Gaby fell asleep. She was exhausted from the long flight. As I watched her sleeping, my mind drifted away...

Gaby was always a good friend of mine. I loved her as much as I loved Ye Eun, Minho and Krystal, who helped me a lot here. She was a good fan and I believed she deserved a chance to meet them...

But I couldn’t do that, could I? I wasn’t that close with them. Well, true that we met several times before. They had been so nice and friendly to me, but I couldn’t ask for help from them just like that, right? The leader of the group held my hand days ago, but it didn’t mean I could beg them to do me a favor, right? He didn’t even contact me since then yet. Ugh, I got pissed every time I thought a-...DRRTDRRTRDDDRT. My phone vibrated. How shocking. I almost fell down from bed.

I quickly checked the newly received message. ;A; WHY DOES HE ALWAYS APPEAR SUDDENLY EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT HIM ;A; WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION ;A; “Are you asleep yet? Do you mind to go out? I’m inside the car parked across your house,” read the message.


 

Hey ho everyone, here I am with an update! Kkk~

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting XD

I love you guys!