Start of the Changing Mind (and Heart?)

Two Different Worlds

 

Before I could close my hanging jaw and ask the motive behind his sudden talk, Jung Soo continued, “I’m not as bad as you think I am, lady.”

I quickly took my glass and sipped my lemon tea. What is wrong with him? Why so sweet all of a sudden? Aissh! Too bad I choked while drinking. Darn you lemon tea! UHUUK, UHUUK!

Jung Soo patted my back and gave me his water bottle. I drank it without thinking. I started to calm down. “Thank you, Leeteuk-ssi.” My cheeks were blushing. However, the idea of choking in front of Super Junior’s leader was very embarrassing.

Jung Soo took the water bottle and put it on the table. He now turned his Macbook off. “Listen,” He looked at me. DAYUM I NEVER SAW HIM THIS CLOSE BEFORE, WHY IS HE SO BEAUTIFUL. UGH, ______, YOU MUST STOP ALL THIS CRAZY THOUGHT! “Just forget what I said to you before, okay? I should have not easily said all the stuff that crossed my mind. Just pretend I never texted you that.”

Guessing what was on in the mind of this guy in front of me was simply impossible.

“You wanna eat something?” Jung Soo suddenly asked me. I was startled. He cleared his throat. “Aren’t you hungry? You came here from school, right?”

I tried to keep calm. “Thanks, but no, I don’t wanna eat. Do you?”

Jung Soo nodded and shyly laughed. His dimples showed up. “But it’s not considerably polite to eat in front of a person who’s hungry but refusing to eat.”

“I am not hungry, Leeteuk-ssi. Just eat, it’s cool. I’m leaving in a moment, though... After Ye Eun’s done congratulating you, we’ll be going.” I then realized something. “WAIT! YOU’RE HERE! AISSH, I GOTTA CALL HER! Excuse me, Leeteuk-ssi.” I stood up to dial Ye Eun but Jung Soo stopped me from doing so. He got his hand on my arm.

I turned to him. “What’s wrong, Leeteuk-ssi?”

He hesitantly opened his mouth, “I think... I think she can wait. Eat first, shall we?”

I sat down again due to shock. Why? “If you say so.” I. Could. Not. Think. Straight. Anymore.

In the midst of us eating, I suddenly realized something. “Leeteuk-ssi,” I called him.

Jung Soo stopped eating his kimchi fried rice and looked at me. “Yeah?” He smiled. Dimples.

“Did you say that Minho and I should avoid being seen together at public places?”

He groaned, “Don’t talk about that again, ______-ssi~”

“No, no, I have a point. Wait.”

He looked annoyed yet still said, “Okay, continue.”

“Then isn’t the thing we’re doing now a complete contrary to what you said before?”

Jung Soo seemed surprise for a second, but he smiled instead. “I am known for being a womanizer. Especially towards young trainees.” He glanced at the people in the cafeteria, who were somehow looking at us. “It’s different with me.”

“Oh, so it’s like that.” I chuckled clumsily, not really knowing what to say.

“Of course!” He proudly tapped his chest.

All of a sudden, someone came to our table and sat on the unoccupied chair. “Jung Soo hyung! ______-ah! Annyeong! What are you guys doing here?” Sungmin happily greeted us. Had I told you how cute this guy was? He had these very squishy cheeks and he always looked appealing. So lovable.

“Sungmin oppa! Annyeong!” I smiled to him. “We’re just eating. Do you want to order something?”

“Sungmin oppa?” Jung Soo murmured. He looked confused.

“I thought you both didn’t get along well~” Sungmin ignored Jung Soo and my question. He straightforwardly pointed out his sinister intention.

“Minnie-ah, in the end, we should be good to everyone.” Jung Soo got a sensible answer.

“But there are some boundaries, hyung. You can’t go eat with your junior’s girlfriend.” Sungmin told it with a sly smile carved on his face. He was obviously referring to Minho.

“Leeteuk-ssi and I accidentally met here, Sungmin oppa. It’s not like what you think it is. Besides...,” I paused and took a quick glance at Jung Soo. I felt like I needed to clarify it, “I’m not Minho’s girlfriend.”

“SO YOU’RE JUNG SOO HYUNG’S GIRLFRIEND?!” Sungmin suddenly snapped. In a very cheerful way. UHUUK, UHUUK! For the second time in a day, I choked again. This time, because of Sungmin.

Jung Soo carefully patted my back again. “Ya, be careful...”

I nodded to him hastily, “Thanks again, Leeteuk-ssi.” He pulled his hand back.

Sungmin looks surprised. “WHOOA, YOU GUYS. FAST PROGRESS, HUH, HYUNG?”

Jung Soo lightly hit Sungmin’s head. “Shut up, Minnie-ah! Did you not hear ______? We met by accident. Nothing more.”

Sungmin pouted. “Hyung, you should stop denying. Tell me how you manage to get all the girls you like, hyuuuuuuung! I want a girlfriend too!” He nagged like a child. Seriously, was he really older than me?

“Leeteuk-ssi, Sungmin oppa, I think I better get going now.” It needed to be stopped. I didn’t want Sungmin to mistake me as Jung Soo’s girlfriend. Okay, I admitted here, Jung Soo had been kind and nice so far, but forgetting his cruel deed in the past was also not an easy thing to do.

“But you’re not done!” Jung Soo pointed my plate, which was still half full of food. Then he sighed and turned to Sungmin. “Ya! Minnie-ah! You and your disastrous aegyo made her lose her appetite!”

“Hyung, how could you say my aegyo was disastrous?” Sungmin pouted. Puppy eyes...

I shook my head. “No, Leeteuk-ssi,” Think of an excuse, ______, think. “Ye Eun must be searching for me now.”

“Silly. She left you here before, ______-ssi. Finish your food.” Eh, is Jung Soo insisting me to stay here longer? Am I dreaming now?

“Yeah, don’t go now. I just met you, sister-in-law~” Sungmin begged.

SISTER-IN-LAW. HE CALLED ME SISTER-IN-LAW?

I helplessly looked at Jung Soo. He got my signal. “Minnie-ah, how many times do I need to say that she’s not my girlfriend? You’re making her feel uncomfortable. Besides, why are you here? I thought you were supposed to do recording now with K.R.Y?”

Sungmin suddenly stood up. His chair even fell. “AH! I JUST WENT HERE TO GET SOME COLD DRINKS! KYUHYUN WILL BE SO MAD AT ME! SEE YOU LATER, HYUNG, _______-SSI!” The noise he made instantly made everyone look at us confusedly, annoyedly.

“Go back now, Minnie-ah. Record well, okay?” Jung Soo said. Sungmin hurriedly went out of the cafeteria. Jung Soo quickly continued with a louder voice, “Cold drinks aren’t good for your throat. Drink the warm ones!”

“Aissh,” Jung Soo murmured. “Those kids. I am tired of telling them what’s to eat and what’s not to eat. Our comeback is approaching. Health comes first. They’re really driving their leader crazy!”

So he’s a caring leader. That’s why he was chosen as leader. Did I underestimate him? Wait, no. That’s how a leader should act and be. It’s not like because he’s really helpful and thoughtful..., right?

He pulled out his phone and called someone. “Hallo. Yesung-ah, still recording? Break? Okay. Tell Sungmin and Kyuhyun to not drink anything cold. You too. Take care. Do well. Yes, yes, see you later.”

After that we slowly continued eating. Suddenly my phone rang. Ye Eun was done and now waiting for me in the receptionist desk. “I gotta go for real now, Leeteuk-ssi. Bye.”

He didn’t hold me back anymore. “Oh, okay. If that’s so... See you later.” See me later? Umm.

I went home with Ye Eun. She said she didn’t see Jung Soo but met Key, Amber and Victoria. She had too much fun talking with them. “I’m sorry I forgot about you. Did you wait too long? I’m so sorry.”

For some unidentified reasons, I just couldn’t tell Ye Eun what happened before. I couldn’t bring myself to talk about Jung Soo to her, not now. “It’s okay. It wasn’t so boring.”

Later at night, thoughts that seeped into my mind kept me wide awake. Is Jung Soo really that kind? Did I misjudge him all this time? Is he truly not as bad as what I think he is? Am I wrong about him? Everyone respects him and loves him, he was just nice to me today. Did he scold and annoy me simply because he was mad? Not because that was his natural personality? I do that too when I’m mad, though... Aissh, he makes me confused!


 

Hi all :)

Sorry for the very late update T_T I was sick and this week has been a tough week ;___;

But now I'm here with an update!

Hope you'll like it :)

And... writing a comment won't hurt you, right? Kkk~ ;P I need to improve my writings! >.<