Chapter 21

Two Different Worlds

 

I stood up from my seat and moved nearer to the stairs. I could still see Jung Soo from here. He was playing with my laptop. Kid...

“Hi,” I answered the phone call.

“Hi,” Minho said. He didn’t sound so energetic.

He didn’t say anything after that so I decided to be the first to break the silence. “What’s up?”

He hesitated to answer me but still opened his mouth, “______-ah... Um.” I heard worry in his voice. What happened? “Do you, by any chance, know where Jung Soo hyung is?”

Jung Soo?! “He...” I wanted to honestly answer Minho, but something inside my head kept telling me that it didn’t seem to be the best idea. “Why are you asking me? Why would you think I knew his whereabouts? What happened? Is he missing?”

Minho gulped. “Apparently, yeah. Donghae hyung called me, saying that all the staffs and members are going crazy because of Jung Soo hyung. He has gone since two hours ago. Everyone is searching for him. They have to start filming the MV soon. This isn’t something that he usually does.”

I glanced at Jung Soo from afar, he didn’t seem to look like someone who was in rush. “I’m sorry I can’t help you,” I said. “Why did you ask me, anyway?”

Minho heaved a sigh. “Jung Soo hyung was asking me stuff about you. Donghae hyung said he used Yesung hyung’s car and disappeared just like that. I thought he maybe went to your place.”

, Jung Soo put me in deep . What do I have to do now?

After disconnecting the phone call, I went back to Jung Soo’s side. I didn’t know how to start it. I didn’t know how to deal with him. I didn’t even know what I felt right now. Should I be easy on him? Should I be mad at him? I thought I felt a bit mad, but it wasn’t what I exactly felt right now. Guilty? Not really, technically it wasn’t my fault at all. In the end, I decided to gently talk to him. “Leeteuk-ssi,” I tried to get his attention.

He looked up to me and innocently asked, “Yeah?”

“You shouldn’t be here right now, should you?

Jung Soo narrowed his eyes. “Why? You feel distracted by my presence? You want me to go home?” He still looked kinda calm now.

“No, it’s not like that,” I quickly said. “You have another responsibility right now. I knew it. Staying here is not what you’re supposed to do.”

His soft facial expression slowly turned into a firm one. Just like he had been slapped back into reality. He looked at the TV.

Jung Soo didn’t seem like he was going to say anything so I spoke up again, “Come on, I drive you to where you should be now.”

He remained still at his position.

“Come on,” I repeated.

He didn’t move a bit.

I pulled his arm and tried to make him stand on his feet.

“Don’t make it hard for me.” I continued, “I won’t ask the reason why you came here and left your responsibility. I believe you have convincing argument for that. But I don’t need and want to know. Now, the play time is over. Gotta go back to real world.”

I guessed that short speech of mine worked, because Jung Soo suddenly stood up and he released his arm from my grip. “I know,” he bitterly spoke. “You don’t have to drive, I’m going now. Thanks for everything.”

I couldn’t let Jung Soo drive by himself. Somehow, I saw exhaustion in his face, in his eyes. Darn, I didn’t even know why I thought this way right now. “You’re not going anywhere. Sit here.” I pushed him down to the sofa. “Wait. A minute.”

I quickly grabbed my jacket from upstairs and when I went down, I saw Jung Soo was putting his jacket and cap on. “Okay, we’re ready now. Where’s the key?” We were now standing in front of the door.

He reluctantly said, “You don’t have to do this for me. What you’ve been doing this evening is enough. I couldn’t ask for more. I am going now. Bye.” He smiled, unenthusiastically. His stare was soft and tender that for a second I thought I had fallen for him. But no, right? RIGHT?

“No!” I accidentally shouted at Jung Soo. He didn’t look like in a good shape, how could I let him go like this?! “I’m sorry. I meant, no. I am driving for you.”

He let out a heavy sigh. I reached the doorknob and when I was going to turn it, something somebody hugged me from behind. Jung Soo...?

My heart suddenly beat faster. Jung Soo had both of his arms wrapping my shoulders and my neck. My heart would seriously explode any minute now. He rested his head on my left shoulder. I froze. My hand was still holding the doorknob.

“A minute. Stay like this. Please,” he whispered. Like I could still make a move after this sudden back hug. “I am tired...”

Jung Soo’s voice was too low and soft that I could barely hear him. But I still could. He said he was tired.

“You’re...”

“Sssh,” Jung Soo cut me even before I could finish my sentence. “Thank you so much for today. I really meant it. You gave me strength to carry on.”

“But I didn’t do anything...”

Jung Soo still hugged me but he didn’t reply me back.

After what felt like years, Jung Soo finally released me from his hug. I decided to open the door and got out of the house. He followed and walked beside me. To my surprise, sdfljdjfajsfdljasfjsdhfshfhsfdksdfaoerfdsfjj he held my left hand. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?! DRAW IT BACK?! BUT I AM ENJOYING THE MOMENT!!!!!! OH CRAP! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS, JUNG SOO, HUH?!?!

I let him hold my hand and we walked to Yesung’s car. I quickly went to the left side of the car, the driver’s side.

“Gimme the key,” I instructed Jung Soo.

He groaned. “I don’t like making girls drive for me.”

“This is a special situation. You’re tired. Tired people should not drive because they may harm themselves and other people on the road.” I smiled.

He smiled too. Weakly. “I won’t do this again in the future. I am gonna be the only one who drives in the future.” Will there be future for us, Jung Soo?

In the end, Jung Soo gave me the car key. He did it very reluctantly though. But I was still glad that he agreed with my idea.

I started the engine. “Where are we going?”

“Just drop me in SM Office.”

“Okay. Will do.”

I drove to SM building and when I glanced at Jung Soo, I found him sleeping. Yes, again. He was really tired, I could tell.

Why are you like this, Jung Soo-ssi? You have to rest well, sleep well, eat well...

When we finally arrived at SM, I parked the car a bit far from the building. I didn’t want anyone to see me here.

It was hard for me to do this, but I woke Jung Soo up. “Jung Soo-ssi, we’re here.”

He quickly woke up and confusedly looked at me. A second later, he smiled. “Thank you for driving me here.”

“No big deal, it’s what I wanted to do. Now, you go there. I bet they’re waiting for you.”

“Are you okay if I leave you like this? How are you going to go home? You barely know the streets!”

Oh crap... I just remembered that. HOW? HOW?! OH, EASY, TAXI! YES, TAXI! “I can take a cab. It’s okay.” I assured him. “Now, GO!”

“Are you sure?” He was still hesitant. Aiiiiish!

“Very.” I got out of the car and he followed. I gave him the key back. “I’m going to find a cab now. See you later, Jung Soo-ssi.”

Jung Soo was still unsure with my decision but he couldn’t do anything much since I quickly disappeared from his sight. I couldn’t stay longer with him because he had many people worriedly waiting for him.

Now I just had to find a cab...


 

Hi readers XD

Sorry for the late update T_T I thought I could update faster, but life kept me busy these days

Anyway, I just read Chapter 19 and I realized I made super super fatal typo

Idk if you noticed or not, but I wrote "I didn't like him covering too much skin ;___;" while it was supposed to be "I didn't like him REVEALING too much skin ;___:"

HAHAHA THE WRITER FAILED TO DIFFERENTIATE HER CHARACTER'S THOUGHT AND HER OWN DESIRE, I AM DEEPLY SORRY KKK~

I got it fixed already though :)

One more, thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! You guys are the source of my inspiration <3