Chapter 51

Two Different Worlds

 

I thought I would not forget it.

Minho had continuously reminded me about it since the beginning of this month―before he went to Russia, after he came back from Russia, before he left to Singapore, after he came back to Korea again... He still told it to me the day before yesterday, the last time I talked on the phone with him, “______, Jonghyun hyung instructed me to invite everyone available to Kibum’s surprise birthday party on 23. You gotta come. Present is a must. The fancier, the better, since it’s Kim Kibum that we are talking about.”

My reaction towards it was always: “Dude, you’ve said that to me like, 824893748375 times before. Chill, okay? I won’t forget it.”

And here I was, sitting inside my car, with my phone ringing so irritatingly. I forgot it. I forgot to buy a gift for Kibum. Blame it on the stans and Jung Soo! I barely had empty space left for anything else inside my poor brain.

Unwillingly, I pressed answer button. “Hello.”

“______!” the voice on the other line was excited. “I’m in front of your house but can’t see your car. Aren’t you home?”

Aaaaargh, I mentally groaned. Why did he have to come when I was not prepared yet? “I’m still in Gangnam... It might take a while. Can you come to Baek Eok?” I mentioned one of our favorite places to hang out.

“Yah, what are you doing in Gangnam at this hour?” Minho asked.

“Just come here, okay? Drive safely, Minho-yaaaaaaaaaaaa~”

I heard him grunt, “It should be oppa not ya, you brat” before I hung up the call.

Groggily, I drove towards Baek Eok. The café was surprisingly not so crowded. There I waited for around fifteen minutes until Minho showed up. He saw me and walked to my table. “It’s almost 10...” he said, sitting on the chair in front of me.

A young waitress came and she gave us the menu. I quickly ordered Hot Café Latte while Minho asked for Green Tea Latte.

“Wanna share a slice of New York Cheese?” Minho grinned.

“I ate already,” I said. “But I might take a couple of bites.”

Our drinks and his cake came not long after. “So Minho, what do you want to tell me?”

Minho sipped his drink, “Tomorrow, 9 p.m. at Ritz Bar.”

“Kibum’s birthday bash?” I asked. “Ritz Bar in Yeoksam-dong?”

The man nodded, “Many will come, so we rent the private rooms.”

“But the place is... relatively classic. You know, it’s not as hype as The Timber House, or Bliss in Itaewon. I thought Kibum was more to the modernity than you.”

“Jonghyun picked the place. Kibum knows nothing about it. Besides, Bliss is too crowded, and I never heard of Timber House before,” Minho answered.

“Who will come tomorrow?”

 “A lot. Ye Eun, f(x), Infinite and Beast guys. Jonghyun told me to invite F.T. Island and CNBLUE too so I did. But I don’t think they all can make it tomorrow, we’ll see. MBLAQ will come, and so will the girls from KARA and Miss A. Jinwoon and Hyungsik confirmed to go.”

“Aaargh who are they all?!” I groaned in frustration.

“Hahaha, they are all nice people, I will introduce them to you tomorrow. And oh, I tried to invite, ahem...” Minho purposely cleared his throat. “Super Junior... But tomorrow is their comeback on Music Bank. Kyuhyun is not sure that he can come, but he said he will try.”

The party would start at 9. Sukira itself regularly started at 10. Impossible, I sighed unknowingly. Today was tiring. Blissfully tiring though, but still tiring. Tomorrow I needed to attend Kibum’s birthday party. Ugh. It was not like I did not want to participate... Kibum was a very nice and fun guy, I would love to attend his party. But I did not know... Something inside myself was so damn lazy, and not to mention, tired. I constantly felt exhausted these days.

“You seem worn out,” Minho said all of a sudden. What?! “You were not listening to me. ______, did something happen?” Compared to Jung Soo and most of the people I knew, Minho was more of an observant than them all.

I nervously answered, “I’m fine. It’s just... I did so many things today.” My thoughts drifted away... Jung Soo and Donghae were practically two nice hang out buddies (or boyfriend for Jung Soo). I smiled, they both were stupidly cute this whole day. And Jung Soo was sooooooooo helplessly romantic―the side of him that I truly liked.

“What did you do today?” Minho curiously asked. “You had fun? You had fun and did not invite me?” He pretended to get offended. “Tell me what you did or these fingers will tickle you!”

I sipped my Hot Café Latte. “I went out with Jung Soo today. Donghae came along too, so the date turned to a day care. But it was still amazing.” My cheeks blushed, showing red tint which matched my shawl.

Minho silently put his hand on mine. Squeezing it a little, he said, “I’m happy to see you happy. But don’t tire yourself okay. You... I think you are thinner than the last time I saw you. Jeez, eat more, okay?” He sliced his New York Cheese and fed me. Nom... nom... nom~

“Will do, boss.” I smiled. “Hey Minho, I think it’s only right if you have girlfriend too! Come on, you’re going 20, remember? How can an oh-so-perfect guy like you have no girlfriend?!”

He playfully ruffled my hair, smirking. “Life is hectic enough without one. Besides, I have you, Ye Eun and Krystal. Who needs a girlfriend when you already have THREE girl friends!”

I burst into laughter. “It’s different, Minho... We don’t do what normal couples do!”

“Really?” Minho flashed a smug grin. “I think what we’re doing now is what normal couples do. Date.”

The man was unbelievable sometimes. Haha. I lightly hit his head. “Just because the atmosphere is good and the place gives out romantic vibes, doesn’t mean that we are in a date, okay? I just went home after spending a whole day with my boyfriend.” I stuck my tongue out.

Minho just smiled. I sipped my drink again. This was getting late at night and my back started to hurt a lot. I yawned as I was becoming sleepier and sleepier. Oh dear. I could die real soon. “Minho, I’m tired. I think I am going to die. Let’s go home.”

Upon hearing me say the D word, he suddenly snapped, “Be careful with your words!” Wut... Relax -_- “I...I’m sorry. For snapping. Ugh, let’s go home. I’ll drive for you.”

I shook my head. “No, I drove here. I’m just gonna see you tomorrow okay?” I smiled a bit. A bit.

Minho showed me his worried look and I hated that he did not trust me. “But you are so sleepy you might hit another car on the road.”

“I won’t. Come on, you know I’ll be fine. I’ll text you as soon as I reach home.”

“You really think I will let you do that? Come on, I’ll drive behind your car.”

Phew. Minho... Since I knew that rejecting his idea was useless, I just agreed to it. He drove his car following mine, making sure that I reached home safe and sound. Stubborn, seriously. But I could do nothing but thank him for always being such a good friend.

--

The next evening...

After getting a unique, sophisticated top from General Idea (and then there went my 60,300 won for a tee only), I drove back home and prepared for tonight. Kibum’s birthday party would be held in Ritz Bar. Meaning: I had to dress up, wear classy cocktail dress and borrow Mom’s vintage pearl bracelet. This was also the right time to take my Chanel bag and Diane Von Furstenberg pumps out of the closet. Stuff I did not wear on a regular basis.

No, I was not in the mood of partying. But looking lousy was also a no-no.

I made sure that I looked good, then I drove to Ye Eun’s house, picking her up. It was already 9 when I arrived at there. Thankfully that Ritz Bar was still in the same area with Ye Eun’s place. Gangnam-gu. The difference was, it was not placed in the same administrative division that composed Gangnam-gu. Ye Eun’s was in Apgujeong-dong, while Ritz Bar in the Ritz Carlton Hotel was in Yeoksam-dong.

“Get out yo, I’m in front of your house,” I quickly texted Ye Eun.

Few seconds later, I saw a slim, tall figure of a woman going out of the house. Ye Eun looked not only pretty, she was y... And it killed.

She got inside my car.

I could not help but giggle and ask her curiously, “So who’s your target tonight?”

She freely laughed. “I just saw you barely thirty seconds! How did you know?!”

“Come on, I can tell just by looking at your hair. You must have forced one of SM stylists to do it for you! Haha, f(x)’s?”

“No. SNSD’s.” Ye Eun embarrassedly continued, “It’s Beast’s Dongwoon...”

“Huh? What? I couldn’t hear you.”

“Dongwoon! The guy from Beast! He’ll be there tonight.” Ye Eun got frustrated, her cheeks reddening.

I laughed at her shyness. “Just show me him later, okay?”

--

When we arrived at Ritz Bar, the usher quickly led us to one of private rooms there. He opened the door, and sophisticated atmosphere of the room warmly welcomed us.

Not less than fifty people were inside. I could identify some of the faces. Ah I think I’ve seen her on TV, I’ve seen him on advertisement in the street... However, remembering their names was another problem though.

Ye Eun noticed f(x) girls in one of the corners. The two of us hurriedly approached them. Ye Eun said hi to some people along the way.

Amber, Sulli, Krystal, Victoria and Luna were here. Yeiyy! I hugged Krystal and Luna, and waved my hand at the rest. “Sulli, Krystal, I thought you guys are minors!” I thought this bar had the age rule thingy since they checked Ye Eun’s and my IDs before...

Both girls evilly giggled. “Jonghyun oppa specially told the manager of this place to let us... and some of other minors in,” Sulli proudly answered. “Unnie you look pretty!”

I was about to reply her saying that all of us looked pretty, but then a guy suddenly approached us, standing beside Victoria and clinging to the girl’s shoulders. I furrowed my eyebrows. Wow he is handsome... He did not look Korean though. Kinda familiar. Totally cute.

“Hey Khun, meet our friend!” Victoria said to him, smiling. “Khun, this is _______. She is our friend, but hangs more with the younger ones. _______, this is Nichkhun. He is my, um, boyfriend.” Victoria blushed upon saying that. skfajdghjgh so this guy was Vic umma’s boyfriend! They two looked so beautiful and perfect together.

The Nichkhun guy shook my hand. “Hi, I’m Nichkhun Horvejkul.” He surely had a very charming smile.

But wait, his name... “Are you Thai?”

Victoria and Nichkhun glanced at each other, beaming. “He is Thai Chinese. But he belongs to Korean group 2PM,” Victoria answered. Oooh. 2PM, I know them.

“These two met because of variety show We Got Married!” Amber playfully said. “Cute, huh? They firstly acted as if they were married there. It was all scripted... But in the end, THEY FELL IN LOVE!”

The girls giggled and I was in awe. Victoria and Nichkhun blushed, hands holding each other. Ah so cute ;A;

“I want to be in WGM too!” Sulli, Luna and Ye Eun said in unison.

Hahahaha, guys...

Suddenly someone shouted, LITERALLY SHOUTED, in the middle of the room. The guy even stood above a chair to draw everyone’s attention on himself. “MINHO TEXTED ME. IT IS TIME. THEY ARE COMING HERE. EVERYBODY SHUT UP!”

Wut. We all stayed silent and it was due to his sudden extreme action. Haha.

Not so long after that, the private room door widely opened. Six men and a woman came in. Minho, Jonghyun, Onew, Taemin, SHINee’s manager, stylist and the birthday boy Kibum are here, y’all! Haha, Kibum wore a black fabric to cover his eyes.

All of us still kept quiet. Jonghyun and Taemin held Kibum’s hands to guide him. Jinki ran to a guy, the same guy who shouted before, taking the latter with him. The guy handed Jinki a confetti, and also handed some more to some more guys I did not know. Minho gave us a signal. One, two, three! Jonghyun took off the fabric, Jinki and the guys threw the confetti. We all cheered loudly and clapped our hands. “Happy birthday, Kim Kibuuuuuum!!!”


 

OKAY, FIRST... I AM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!!!!! It is holiday and I know I should have updated more, but na'ah... I spend most of my days going out, sorry T^T I need a bonding time with my friends and family T^T

SECOND... MERRY (BELATED) CHRISTMAS FOR THOSE WHO CELEBRATED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May God bless us all :D

AND THIRD, I DOUBLE UPDATED! HOHOHOHOHO. You might take it as a reconciliation gift (for not updating /sobs) or CHRISTMAS gift! Kkk~~~~ Love y'all!

@angelsulkry: thank you :) Here's what happened lolololol ;P

@Sujushineebang: thank you :) Yeah he is! His girlfriend is too XD

@peacelovehugs: thank you :) Yeah... KIDHAE IS CUTE! >.<

@sujurockz4ever97: FISHY~~~ Isn't he juz' cute ;_;

@superhyukkie: YES YES YOU CAN... Imma just call Hyukjae and tell him that someone is going to steal his boyfie kkk... BUT WAIT, YOU'RE HYUKKIE! LOL

@sugenluv: I already pm-ed you ^^

Thank you for still bearing with me ;_; Thank you for still reading, commenting and subscribing, I LOVE YOU! :***********