Chapter 54

Two Different Worlds

 

The day after, Minho called to report me the current situation in SHINee’s dorm. “How is it?” I asked eagerly.

“Last night I gathered them all in the living room. Me, Jinki hyung and Gyeongshik hyung,” Minho calmly started. Oh so he decided to tell it to Gyeongshik, one of SHINee’s managers. He was so huge―tall, muscular, HUGE―he could indeed protect SHINee well. “Kibum was curious at first. But I told him I would buy him new shoes from Horace. So he stopped bugging me anymore and started browsing which shoes he wanted on the internet. Jonghyun obediently followed Kibum. And maknae is such a baby! He had slept even before it all began! Maknae is so cute!”

I snorted. “Minho, enough with your creepy affection towards Taemin. So what did exactly happen?” I became more and more impatient.

“Yah, wait. How are you? I mean like, are you okay?” Minho caringly asked.

Unknowingly I smiled. “Good. Much better than I had been in the past two weeks. Thanks to you.”

Minho chuckled warmly. “Kkk, amazing then~ Um, so after that I told Jinki and Gyeongshik hyung what happened to you. Generally, not in detail. Their faces suddenly changed. They first thought I was kidding, but they eventually knew that I knew was not. However...,” Minho paused his explanation. HOWEVER WHAT? “However, asking for an advice from both of them was totally stupid of me.” He sounded annoyed.

“Why? What did they say to you?”

“You just won’t believe that the following ludicrous words were actually coming from someone who is supposed to be SHINee’s leader, Lee Jinki. No. Seriously. I knew he is famous for his legendary Onew Sangtae. Molhaedo Onew Sangtae! But why did such condition have to appear when I was being intense?! He did say these: ‘YAH MINHO, THAT’S WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE DATED CHICKENS INSTEAD~~~’, ‘CHICKENS BRINGS LESS PROBLEMS THAN GIRLS.’, ‘Minho-ya, you date girl, fangirls be crying and sobbing and wishing your girlfriend dead. I eat chickens, fangirls be giving me a bucket of chickens. I always thought you were smarter than me... But it turned out that... Hahaha.’ Cries! I told him that you are not my girlfriend, BUT SERIOUSLY JINKI HYUNG?! His obsession towards fried chicken is scary. You thought I must be kidding, but nah. I should someday move him to a deserted island with nothing but KFC shop there.”

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! “MINHO!” I could not help but laugh out loud. “You know... SHINee, f(x), SJ... aren’t you guys supposed to maintain your image and look cool? But what I got when I personally knew y’all? Jinki dating chicks. Literally chicks. Luna, Krystal and Sulli being hyper whenever webcam is around. Donghae being such a baby. Heechul with his 4D personality that even no one can understand...” Dude, their image is ruined. Hahaha.

“Add Gyeongshik hyung to your list,” Minho helplessly groaned. “He said, ‘But ______-ah is pretty. I know you are not allowed to date, but as long as it’s done secretly... Jinki and I can keep secrets! Why are you not dating her, Minho?’ I was going to say that you’re my best friend when Jinki interrupted, ‘One-sided love, hyung! One-sided love! Unlike me and chicken!’ I told him to shut up and Gyeongshik hyung continued, ‘So it’s unrequited love, Minho-ya? Aissh, how can she reject someone as handsome as you...? Hhh. I have this friend. You just collect a strain of her hair, her handkerchief and any stuff that is originally from her bedroom. Give it to me and later I’ll give it to my friend. Just in a week time, Minho-ya, she’ll love you back!’ How could he say such things? If he was not older than me I would have given him a hit on the head!” Minho let out a frustrated groan.

I chuckled at him. He was surrounded by really silly people. “Just stick to your original plan. Updating your me2day with implicit message that says you have no girlfriends.” I tried to calm him down.

“Yeah, I think so too,” he weakly said. “And if those people still don’t stop, I will hire professional detective AND professional assassin.”

“Hey, chill, okay? They just love you too much, that’s all.”

Minho scowled in abhorrence. “And are over-freaking-protective. And delusional. Do they not think that I am a human or what?”

“Hey, stop it...” I had to admit that those people were totally harsh, they even made me consuming what I should have not consumed again. But lately I realized... they were just desperate people. I tried to think how I would do in their position. What if I was a big fan of Jung Soo, I loved him with all my heart but I had no ways to approach him, let alone being his girlfriend? He did not even know my existence and comfortably had a girlfriend... Would I blackmail the girl? Would I? Considering the level of my guts, I probably would not go that far. But cursing her every night before I slept would be done regularly.

“Maybe if we’re to get married I will need to hide you in dungeon to protect you from them. Huh!” He said. LOL, funny...-_- “Hey ______-ah, what if you get married with Jung Soo hyung? Wouldn’t that mean you will need to LITERALLY hide in a cell?!”

I blushed upon the thoughts of getting married with Jung Soo. That would be epic ;~; “Shut up, I still need to go to university, remember?”

“We should discuss your future, seriously,” Minho stated. “But not now, though. Taemin is calling for me. Talk to you later?”

I nodded even though Minho could not see me. “K! Bye~”

After disconnecting my phone call with Minho, I started preparing myself. My schedule for today was getting my nails done with Ye Eun. Typical normal girls... We could not possibly ignore such things in life. I had tried to get Krystal coming along, but her managers would not cancel her packed schedule only for manicuring.

Speaking of packed schedule, today Jung Soo baby flew to China. Beijing, to be exact. Super Junior apparently had a show to attend; CCTV Friendship something. He was probably in Gimpo Airport right now. As I drove to the nail salon Ye Eun and I promised to meet at, I wore the bluetooth earphone and dialed Jung Soo’s number.

It took only several seconds for Jung Soo to answer my call. “Hey, you...” His melodious voice greeted me, giving butterflies in my stomach.

“Hasn’t taken off yet?” I coolly asked him, in spite of the thrill I felt upon hearing his voice. “You’ll be back tomorrow, right?”

“Ah, didn’t I tell you before? I’m coming back to Korea next week,” Jung Soo answered.

Huh? I did not remember any moment where he mentioned next week! “Don’t lie to me, Peter Pan!”

“Kkk~” he giggled tackily. “Just joking, ______-ah. Oppa will be back tomorrow! Where are you anyway?”

“I’m on my way. Today is my bonding time with Ye Eun. Oppa, how could you not know it? Not know your own girlfriend’s schedule?!” I pretended to get angry. Kkk.

“Tsk!” Jung Soo was not amused. “You did not tell me, missy! Besides, you are not a Hallyu star like me. There are no several websites made only for updating your schedule.”

Yah. This old man. Is he trying to piss me off? For real?

“Well oppa... Whatever. I am not answering your call tonight,” I threatened him.

I wished it would make him shut up and admit that I won but instead, I heard him laughing. Out loud. Conceitedly. “HAHAHA, WHO WANTS TO CALL YOU, ANYWAY?! International call from Beijing to Seoul costs me a lot!”

JUNG SOO YOU STINGY! -_________- “Ha-ha. Funny.” I said unemotionally. My tone was flat. “Imma go call Minho or Woohyun when you’re not around, then.”

“YA-YAAAAAAAAAAAH!” His shout was almost deafening. “If you dare to call the two, ______-ah, have you seen me when I’m mad?”

“Yup. Several times.” I shortly answered―unaware that my reply made the guy on the other line suddenly stop talking for some unknown reasons. “Oppa? Are you still there?”

I heard him clearing his throat huskily. Sounds y. “Yeah. Um, I gotta go soon, though.”

“Okay, see you later, cutie pie. Call me tonight, I’ll answer it.”

--

While the staff were doing our nails, Ye Eun and I chatted. Actually, it was more like an investigation than a conversation. She asked me everything that had been bottled up inside her mind since last Friday night. The first thing she questioned me? The most important issue for her? Of course, no other than... the Arabian prince, Son Dongwoon! LOLJK. I wished. I wished it was Dongwoon. The very first thing she said to me when she saw my face was, in fact: “Dude I might be drunk enough to let one of Minho’s friends to drop me home after the party but I was not dumb enough to NOT realize that Minho and you were missing in the middle of the party.” She demanded an answer. A logical one.

Thankfully, Minho and I had made up one for situation like this. Expected situation like this. “We... ah how to say it, Ye Eun... Um. I was feeling bored, right? Well, not bored. It was just, Kyuhyun glared at me all the time and that made me so uncomfortable. So I got out the room for a while to get some fresh air and Minho followed me. You won’t believe what happened next.”

“Yah, what happened?” Ye Eun curiously asked.

At this point I tried so hard not to burst into laughter. “WE GOT ABDUCTED BY ALIENS! They brought us to their UFO and tried to brainwash us but I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you! We killed all the aliens!” I cheered loudly, exaggeratedly. LOL. Trolling to Ye Eun like a boss.

With her, it was easier to reply her answer by turning the whole thing into a joke than truly explaining things. First, she would hit my head, and then she would say that the joke was lame. Third, she would force me to reveal the truth one more time, but if I laughed it off, she would eventually realize that it was my private area and understand that I did not want her to know. It might seem complicated, but believe me, if she knew I was technically being hospitalized that night, she would go even crazier. And I did not want a panicked Ye Eun. No one wanted a panicked, frantic Ye Eun.

To think about it again, that was her actual charm, seriously. She understood that there were some boundaries. Just like how she used to tease me about Jung Soo. She did not do that anymore because she knew that even though something had happened, if I was unwilling to open up, then she would not force me...eventually.

Okay, so where were we right now? Oh, I thought it was the first stage of Ye Eun’s way to realization. I just felt a hard hit on my head. OUCH. “Aw, what was that for?!” I glared at her.

“LAME JOKE ALERT!” She cutely groaned in frustration. “Seriously, if you and Minho were being kidnapped by crazy aliens then Bradley Cooper must have been my husband!” First and second stage were a success~

“Come on, ______-ah. What’s the actual reason behind your absence?” Ye Eun asked casually.

I began giggling like a madman. Ye Eun threw me a judging look, but soon after that she knowingly smiled. Ugh, I’m sorry, Ye Eun. If I told you the truth, it would be more complicated than before. And you did not like an ugly truth. This was a lie, a white lie. I thought guiltily.

“Hey, you have not told me what happened with you and Dongwoon!” This time, switching topic like a boss. Kkk. But Ye Eun liked it though. The moment I mentioned that particular name, her face lightened up and she beamed dazzlingly.

“You used dirty trick to escape my inspection!” Ye Eun yelled. “Lil’ bish,” she murmured angrily, but her cheeks were slowly reddening and a smile plastered on her pretty face.

“Come on, I’m curious! Did he say anything?”

Ye Eun tried sooooooooooooooooooo hard to keep herself cool. But instead, her face turned redder and redder and redder. “He was totally sweet!” She squealed like a baby. Cute. “He’s kinda shy yet hilarious. I heard he liked Sohyun, but Krystal told me Sohyun did  not like him. Nicole unnie said that Dongwoon was rather slow when it came to, you know, crushing and flirting... but she’d help me though!”

“Aaaaaw, that’s good! So where is so far the progress?!”

“We talked on the phone while I was driving here.” She now could no longer hide her smile. Typical a girl in love >,< “He said he was in the middle of a schedule, so we couldn’t talk so long. But he promised he’d call later at night.” They reminded me so much of Jung Soo and myself.

I smiled sincerely and held her hand. “Ah Ye Eun-ah, we should someday go on a double date!” EH, WHY DID I JUST SAY?

Ye Eun furrowed her eyebrows. “Huh? Double date?”

I quickly regained my composure and calmly said, “Yeah. You and Dongwoon, me and Bradley Cooper.”

She blurted out, “YAH! IF IT WENT THAT WAY, I’D RATHER HAVE BRADLEY AND YOU GO WITH DONGWOONIE!”

I laughed with her... Thank God I did not spill anything just yet. LOL. I sighed.


I bet y'all think, DUDE I NEED MOAR MOMENTS WITH ITEUK AND OC IN IT. WHY DID YOU NOT MAKE IT UGH!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Ok ok, sorry, I've been preparing some thing in the next chapter tho. Just... tune in XD

And thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting, I lvoe you!