Chapter 40

Two Different Worlds

 

 

The clock nine. I was home after spending the whole day with Minho, Ye Eun, Krystal and Luna in f(x)’s apartment.

We all were being very careful as we took care of Luna and kept her away from any harm that could possibly occur. Luna was okay, but being overprotective over he was something that everyone would naturally do. Luna was so tiny and precious.

But we still had lot of fun today. Laughing was contagious and dude, Minho and Krystal were actually none like what people saw on TV, coolly singing on the stage and being utterly awesome. Once they got comfortable with you, they would reveal their true selves to you... and that, my friends, would shake the world.

I was laying my body on the bed, when my phone vibrated. Lazily I took it out from my bag. “______-ah, are you still up? –Donghae”

Donghae? Donghae didn’t text me a lot, so it was kinda making me curious. “Not yet, it’s still 9, oppa. Why?” I texted him back.

“Tonight, Jung Soo hyung, Shindong hyung, Jongwoon hyung, Eunhyukkie and I are filming Dream Team in KBS. You wanna come and see Jung Soo hyung?”

“Can I? But isn’t it risky, oppa?”

“We’ll tell the members you’re coming to see me, not Jung Soo hyung. So they won’t suspect something.”

Before I could reply the message, my phone rang. Donghae was calling.

“Come, ______-ah. I mean like, if you’re not busy nor tired.”

“Uum,” I hesitated.

Donghae tried to assure me, “The studio is close for public. Besides, I really think you should see him. Tomorrow Heechul hyung will announce his enlistment on the media. Jung Soo hyung has been so gloomy the whole day.”

I sighed. It was coming real. Heechul was leaving. My heart hurt when I recalled Jung Soo’s stare back then when I was in Super Junior’s waiting room. He didn’t even seem sad, he was more than that. I didn’t have the chance to contact him and was very worried about him.

“Okay, Donghae oppa. What time will you be there?”

“Good.” I could visualize Donghae smiling now. “We’re about to leave now. Do you know the location?”

“KBS, right? Isn’t it close to Handel & Gretel?”

“So you know it. Okay cool, see you there, ______-ah!”

“Eung.” I hung up the phone call.

It was half to ten. I stood up and went into the bathroom. Cold shower would be great to ease my mind.

After I was done with showering, I wore semi casual clothes and put light make-up on.

Mum and Dad weren’t home yet so I didn’t need to come up with any excuse. Alone, I drove to KBS building...

--

 “Donghae oppa,” I phoned him. “I’m here. Where are you?”

“______-ah, park your car in the back of the building. I’ll see you there.”

I did as what I was told.

I drove my car to the back side of the building and spotted a guy on the back lobby. Donghae.

I smiled to myself and quickly approached him after parking my car. “Donghae oppa!”

He saw me and beamed. “Come on, ______-ah.” We both walked inside the building. There were not so many people around here. They all looked like staffs and didn’t seem to bother me and Donghae.

“______-ah, I’m worried of Jung Soo hyung,” Donghae said.

I glanced over Donghae. “Me too, oppa. He... he must be sad right now.” Sad wasn’t the right word. But what could I say to Donghae? Other choice of vocabularies could make Donghae more upset and I didn’t want that.

Donghae nodded. “He was furious the whole day. I didn’t anticipate that Heechulie hyung’s leaving would affect him to this extent.”

“You must be sad too, oppa. We’ll all stick together, okay? We can get it through.” I patted Donghae’s back, hoping that it could help to calm him down and easy his worry.

Donghae turned to me and sadly smiled. He suddenly stopped walking. “We’re here, ______-ah.”

“Um I see...,” I muttered. “You sure it’ll be okay?”

Donghae gave a supportive nod. He squeezed my shoulder, opening the door. “I am.”

I thought the door would lead us into a studio, but turned out that it was another waiting room. Managers were there, three stylists were there. I spotted Eunhyuk, Shindong and Yesung lounging on the sofa, looking kind of exhausted. They had their eyes closed so they didn’t see me and Donghae coming in.

One of the managers named Seunghwan greeted me, “Annyeong, ______-ssi.” I had met him several times before.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seunghwan-ssi,” I flashed him a smile. My voice caused Eunhyuk to flinch and wake up. Seemed like it was really easy for Eunhyuk to wake up... Yesung and Shindong remained sleeping though.

Eunhyuk saw me and stood up. He stared at me weirdly. “______-ah? You’re here?”

Donghae squeezed my shoulder again. “I told her to come, Hyuk~”

Seunghwan giggled and said, “Donghae-ah, I will close my mouth. I won’t tell it to Kim Young Min sajangnim... But Lee Soo Man seonsaengnim is a completely different issue, though.”

I blushed at Seunghwan’s words. Again, another misunderstanding.

Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows. “Well Donghae, I thought you said...”

“Hyukkie!” Donghae cut Eunhyuk’s sentence, cheeks as red as tomatoes. I pitied the guy. “It’s not like that, Seunghwan hyung! Hyukkie!” Without himself realizing it, Donghae had risen his voice and that woke Yesung and Shindong up.

“Oh!” Shindong shouted in shock as he saw me. “______-ah?! Aigoo! You saw us without make-up! And sleeping! Aigoo we’re so embarrassed!”

Yesung joked. “We? But I still look handsome with or without make-up.” He faced me. “______-ah, what are you doing here?”

Donghae was about to answer Yesung, but Seunghwan was way faster. “Jongwoon-ah, you know what, our Donghae finally ditched Eunhyuk and is dating a girl for real!”

Eunhyuk and Donghae shouted in unison, “HYUNG!”

Shindong and Yesung chuckled. I just laughed nervously while glancing rapidly over every corner of the room, trying to find him... Where is he? : (

Noticing my anxiety, Donghae whispered to me, “He’s probably in the restroom. He’ll come back very soon.” But unfortunately, his action only made Seunghwan, Yesung and Shindong more. Eunhyuk just pouted cutely.

All of a sudden, the door opened. I turned around to see who was coming. Darn, my intuition was right...

Jung Soo walked in with his head down and earphones plugged in his ears. He walked pass me and didn’t notice my presence. I examined his side profile. He... one thing for sure, didn’t look happy... at all.

Yesung came towards him. “Look who’s here, hyung.” He patted Jung Soo’s back, trying to catch the older man’s attention.

Jung Soo looked up to see Yesung and took off one of his earphones. “What? Can you repeat?”

Yesung sighed. “Look.” He then turned Jung Soo’s body to my position.

And then there was it. Our eyes met. I swore to you I could feel my heart was going to explode. Or it already did, I didn’t know anymore. He first was shocked... I smiled at him. I even shyly waved my hand and mouthed him, “Hi.” His stare softened for a second, but the next second it turned into a scary glare. Big UH-OH. What did I do?

Seunghwan was oblivious to the change in Jung Soo’s facial expression (in fact, I was almost sure that everyone but me was, too) and he took a step closer to Jung Soo, saying, “Our Donghae brought his girlfriend. Where should we hide here? Kkk~”

AH UH AH SEUNGHWAN NOOOOOOOOO~ Giggles could be heard from all over the place.

Donghae awkwardly shouted, “No! No, it’s just a misunderstanding!” He glanced at me in panic, then quickly grabbed me by the hand, dragging my poor body and soul towards... no other than Jung Soo. Alright.

Donghae also pulled his leader’s arm and shouted, “Do not dare to follow us!”

The three of us got out of the room and Donghae brought us into the men’s restroom. After making sure that no one was inside, he pushed me and Jung Soo in and locked the restroom door.

It all happened in a blink of an eye.

The awkward, childish boy in front of me giggled like crazy. I swore to God I didn’t give him meth. “You both should thank me!”

I glanced at Jung Soo, noticing that he was still... like him before. I smiled bitterly back at Donghae.

Donghae continued talking, “OMG, are you guys mute or something? HYUNG!!” He nagged like a baby.

Jung Soo returned Donghae another glare.

I would have stopped talking and let Jung Soo go if I was Donghae, but seemed like his translation of Jung Soo’s body language was a bit too eccentric. “Whooa hyung, you want me to leave? Can’t do that. I’m the third person who makes your relationship less curiosity arousing. But if you need privacy that much, I’ll go inside the toilet cubicle. I won’t eavesdrop or peek.” He then meaningfully smiled and disappeared behind the cubicle door. Naiseu.

I turned to see Jung Soo. He was standing two meters away from me. He placed both of his hands on his waist, and he looked fiercely at the floor.

I slowly approached him. Nervously, I cupped his face with my hands and drifted his head so we could see each other’s eyes. “What’s in your mind? Share it with me, it’s okay.”

For a second I thought his eyes were watery and he was going to cry. But he didn’t. In contrary, he coldly said, “Get your hands off of me. And don’t pretend like you care.”

“I... I...” I was shocked. Utterly, completely, totally. Was it a dream or did he just send me away? For real?

My hands automatically dropped. I swallowed down my saliva. “Uh, can you repeat?”

“You heard me.” Jung Soo didn’t even bother to look at me. “Go away. I don’t want to see you now.” His voice was... it didn’t sound like Jung Soo’s. Did an alien kidnap my boyfriend and brainwash him?

“But why?” my voice broke. I sounded so weak. “I didn’t do anything wrong, did I?”

He scowled in disgust. “I don’t know. Our definitions of what’s right and what’s wrong seem different. Ask your dignity.” He started walking away, leaving me speechless.

NO HE CAN’T DO THIS. HE HAS TO AT LEAST EXPLAIN IT TO ME. I chased after him and before he could reach the doorknob, I pulled his arm. “Oppa, why are you like this? We were fine this morning. Why did you suddenly change?” I seemed like begging. My tears were almost flowing, but I tried so hard to keep it in.

“______-ah,” he said in a hurt tone. “Do you know how hard the condition I am going through right now? Heechul is leaving me and my schedule has never been this hectic since training years ended. Do you have any idea how tired I am? Physically? And more important, mentally? I thought you could help me make the weight less heavy. But now the only favor you can do for me is... leave. Leave me alone. Please. I don’t want to see you. Every time I see you, that scene appears before my eyes and it disgusts me... a lot.” With that, he released his arm from my grip and left the restroom.

I wasn’t able to feel any sadness. Before sadness came, my brain had stopped functioning. All that I sensed was emptiness. I was being left. Left alone. In the dark. By the person I loved the most. What is sadness? Why am I not crying? My heart couldn’t feel any pain. Before pain destroyed me, numbness filled me. I was almost unable to feel anything. Except the weight on my shoulders. Something was getting heavier and heavier... and my legs couldn’t support it anymore. I fell.

I kneeled on the floor, curling myself into a ball. Maybe if I put myself together the emptiness would leave and Jung Soo would come back.

Jung Soo would come back. He would come back.

He wouldn’t. At least not now. But I needed him now. But he won’t come back.

My mind couldn’t process anything anymore. I was standing on the edge of breaking down... but before I could even jump into the abyss, warm hands pulled me into a hug. Someone so warm kneeled down and embraced me.

Warm voice whispered to me, “I’m sorry... I’m sorry...”


jung soo, you just had to see everything but refuse to say what's wrong instead of telling her and working things out, right?!?!?!?! you old guy your personality is so ugh.

and minho. minho the source of all the problems in this story. poor minho. but why did you do that in the first place. uuuuuugh.

/hunting down next trouble maker /evil smirk