Chapter 33

Two Different Worlds

 

Did Jung Soo just curse at me? In front of my face? After all the worry and emptiness I felt because of his absence, this was all that I deserved to get? Really?

What had I done? Which sin had I committed to receive this kind of treatment?

I wiped away my tear and mustered my bravery. I looked Jung Soo right in the eyes. “Leeteuk-ssi.” I tried to stay calm despite of the fact this man in front of me looked as if he was going to eat me any minute now. “Why are you suddenly treating like this?” I needed reasons. Legit ones.

Jung Soo stared at me in absolute aggravation. He took a quick glance around before literally dragging me inside my car. I had tried as hard as possible to stay unmoved in my place but his male’s power was simply...great.

“You’re so immature, okay?” I muttered angrily. We were now inside my car, he sat on the driver’s seat, I sat on the passenger’s seat beside him. “At least tell me your reason for doing this! I can’t let you harass me with your false, unjustified accusations, nor physically harass me, without even knowing the reason why!” I shouted as I couldn’t take him anymore. He just kept silent and that was irritating me to the core.

Jung Soo sharply looked at me. He scowled at me. “Are you really up to this stupid scenario? Are you really up to pretend like you know nothing? Do you really think I’m a brainless 28 year old guy?”

“Jesus!” I exclaimed. “So I really look like I know something but pretend to not to? Jeez Jung Soo!”

“Jeez ______!” Jung Soo shouted back. “You can make a good actor, you know! Just like Minho! Ha, what a couple! And don’t drop the damn honorifics!” he madly shouted.

Minho again... He kept bringing Minho up in this conversation. Eh. Oh. Oooh. OOOH! A sly smile carved on my face. I get it now. Ohohoho Jung Soo, so that’s it? Jealous? Of Minho? It all makes sense now. He must have seen me and Minho back in Handel and Gretel. There’s no better explanation. Oh la la.

“How many more times do I need to tell you that Minho is a best friend of mine?” I spoke in a calm and composed way. Jung Soo turned to face me. His eyebrows still furrowed and his eyes were still looking at me sharply. “I have known him since I first came here and he has been helping me a lot. Not only him, but also Ye Eun and Krystal.”

Jung Soo suddenly cut me. “But you guys are way too close!” Did he just nag? In a mad manner? Oh, cute...well, not really, though. He still was mad and I didn’t like him that way. Hmm.

“Of course we are!” I raised my tone because he did it too. I lowered it back again, “Do you not understand? You have your members, I have him and Ye Eun and Krystal.”

Jung Soo didn’t furrow his eyebrows any longer, however I still could see a hint of disbelief on his face. I continued. “You saw us that night, right? That’s why you rejected my calls the following day. Leeteuk-ssi, you know you could have discussed it with me instead of doing that, right? I thought you believed in me.”

Jung Soo stayed silent. He folded his arms and placed it on top of the steering wheel. He also buried his face on his arms. Is a jealous person always hard to admit that they’re wrong and accept the fact that they just misunderstand? I didn’t see any points of explaining further to him because he won’t listen to me right now anyway. So I got out of the car and walked to the driver’s side of the car. It was getting tiring. I thought by knowing that he was just jealous would make things easier, but the reality was it didn’t. Jung Soo sort of rejected me again today. Well, not “sort of”. He really did. He resisted to talk to me.

Opening the car door from outside, I said to Jung Soo, “We better go home now. I’ll talk to you after you cool yourself down.”

Jung Soo didn’t move an inch. I looked up to see him. “I’m a jerk, I’m a jerk.” His voice trembled. His eyes were teary. “What have I done? I screamed at you, I cursed, I scolded you, I told you to leave me alone, I didn’t believe in you, why was I like that towards you? I’m not usually like this, right? What’s gotten in me?” Regret could be clearly heard in his voice. Jung Soo...

One, two, three... I burst into tears. “It’s... probably... jea-jealousy, Leeteuk-ssi.” Oh good, I couldn’t stop crying. My emotions were mixed up. I was frustrated yet I missed him. I felt hurt because of his previous treatment to me, but I wanted him. “You were so mean... mean to... to me.”

Jung Soo quickly got out of the car. He covered his face with one of his hands. “Oh no, don’t cry. I’m so sorry. I saw you with Minho in the coffee shop and I got so mad and sad. I’m so sorry. I have no idea why I could do those mean things towards you. I’m sorry...”

I couldn’t help but continue crying even louder. Jung Soo was just jealous, but sometimes, without him realizing it in the first place, he hurt me so much with his harsh words and cold facial expression. Those rejections were cruel. “Earlier you told me to leave... did you not imagine what would happen if I really left and didn’t insist to explain things to you? We could have been history by now.” He kept changing his mood. One second he was super nice, then split second later he turned into someone I barely knew. That was why I sometimes was afraid, I didn’t know when he would be back into his real self. Darn, I didn’t even know which part of him that was his real self. I started to know him more and more each day, but sometimes, I got too emotional too.

Jung Soo suddenly hugged me. Tired, I didn’t hug him back nor escape from his hug. I could feel him quietly sobbing. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know what I said to you, I’m sorry. I rejected your calls and acted like a bastard, I’m sorry. I felt suffocated, but I was mad at the same time. Oh how I wish I could turn back the time... I’m sorry. I should not have loved you too much, if jealousy caused by seeing you with other guys would hurt you, ______-ah.”

“Can you repeat what you said just now because I didn’t think I heard it right?” I said, still sobbing a bit.

Jung Soo freed me from his hug and looked at me. He wiped away my tears with his thumb. “I love you, ______-ah.”

My heartbeat went faster. I couldn’t say anything. All that I felt was... amazed. Is it true? Or am I dreaming? Excuse me, did he say ‘love’?! Oh crap his crappy attitude, he said he loved me.

“______-ah.” Jung Soo carefully caressed my hair. “I’m sorry, my affection towards you has caused you cry and sad and hurt.”

Oh Leeteuk, stop saying sorry, I’ve forgiven you! I quickly leaned towards him and gave him a peck on his right cheek. That stopped him from talking.

“I love you too,” I admitted it fast. Embarrassed, I played with my fingers and stared at it. Jung Soo didn’t give me any respond, so I took a peek at him.

Jung Soo was smiling, he was shyly smiling. His eyes were still teary. I could barely believe my eyes, he looked utterly happy. But suddenly, that heavenly facial expression dropped and he was gloomy again. “I can’t make you happy. I made you sad for four days and I even made you cry few minutes ago. I am old and I am going to the military soon. I don’t think anything can work out between us.”

I was happy for a moment, but what he said put me back in emptiness. What?!  “Don’t say that, please. We deserve to try it.”

Jung Soo shook his head. He weakly said, “I can’t even guarantee that I won’t shout at you anymore in the future.” He seemed frustrated. God, if only I could make him feel better... “I can’t guarantee that you’ll be happy if you’re with me, ______-ah.”

“Being with you is worth the pain,” I firmly said. If he couldn’t be strong and just do what he wanted to do, then I should be the one who was and did. I shooed every doubt and hesitation and forgot anything that might hurt us both in the future. “We’ve been so close and happy, right? And just because you accidentally shouted at me and made me cry... Leeteuk-ssi, I’m not that shallow. I knew you were hurt too. And that was just how you rolled when you were not amused, when you were tired. When you were jealous. I’ve started to understand you better. Give us a shot, Leeteuk-ssi.”

I hoped I didn’t sound like begging or forcing him. I hoped I didn’t sound so selfish even though I knew I was. Deep down, I knew he wanted it as much as I did. And if it wasn’t now, we won’t even dare to try it again next time.

Jung Soo hugged me tightly. He whispered to me, “Tell me when it begins to hurt. Tell me right away. We’ll end it when you start to feel hurt. There’s no point of staying in this relationship if you don’t feel happy. Promise me you’ll tell me, okay?”

I nodded in his embrace. What would hurt me... As long as I stayed with Jung Soo, even if I had to go through hell, I would gladly do it.

A wide smile engraved on my face. Thursday, August 17 2011, 1.30 A.M, in Jung Soo’s embrace... :)

--

“Leeteuk-ssi,” I said. “I think we gotta go home.” It had been fifteen minutes since we sat back inside my car, holding each other’s hands while enjoying the strawberry juice I bought before. It wasn’t like I didn’t enjoy it, but it was getting super late and I had school in the morning.

“It’s Teuki oppa, ______-ah,” Jung Soo corrected me. “Come on, say it. Teuki oppa.”

I blushed. No, I couldn’t call him that way. I knew it just meant brother or dude or something like that, but still, it sounded cheesy if I used that word to call him. I shook my head.

Jung Soo didn’t give up. “You call my members oppa, but you can’t call me that way too?!” He cutely pouted.

“I’m not used to it,” I honestly said. “I will try, though. Give me some time, okay?”

Jung Soo knowingly smiled. “Don’t make it too long, okay?”

We both got out of the car as we were about to go home. He would drive back to his apartment with his own car and I’d to my house with my own car.

Before we really left, Jung Soo looked at me and said, “You kissed my cheek without my permission earlier. So as a payback, I’m gonna do this to you, and you can’t be mad at me.” Jung Soo slowly leaned his face towards me. He closed his eyes. I knew what he was going to do. I closed mine too.

Our lips carefully crashed each other. Jung Soo’s lips were literally sweet, it tasted like the strawberry juice we had just now. He didn’t push me at all. He kissed me gently, nicely. Everything was perfect for our first kiss.

We broke the kiss. Jung Soo boyishly smile and winked. Aaaaaaaaaaaah not that wink again!

“I’m going now, Leeteuk-ssi.” I couldn’t stay here any longer, my feet had lost its strength. Must escape before I melt down to the ground for real!

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home?” he worriedly asked.

How could I make him do that? He had a tiring day, what kind of girlfriend I would be if I did that to him?! Oh my, I just used the word girlfriend, didn’t I? Kyaa, I mentally giggled at that. “Nah, it’s okay. You drive your car and I drive mine.”

“Lock all the doors and drive carefully. Call me when you arrive home,” Jung Soo instructed me. “We have a lot to discuss and think about. We’ll see each other very soon, okay?”

I obediently nodded.

Jung Soo gave me another big hug before we went home.

So, can I say that tonight was one of the most tiring nights, yet also the happiest one in the history? ;))


 

hello you guys!!!!1 i'm finally updating again!11!!! i personally think that this chapter is somehow weird... idk, i wrote it, it was done, i read it all over again and it just didn;t feel right in some parts... but i can't figure out which parts D:

stupid me is stupid :(

tell me when you feel like it too , kay?

so they're together nao... like, finally... hhh... BUT YOU GUYS, THIS IS NOT THE END OF THIS STORY, OKAY!!! i am a mean person inside, and i love to torture my characters lolololol /facepalm. this is just the beginning of what awaits them in the future ~.~  /evil laugh. oh i sound like kyuhyun lmao

and the kissing scene... oh jeez, crappy. sorry :( not what i expected at all, guess you hafta be more patient if you want a better written kissing scene cuz i'd never written this kinda thing before and i need moar practice :(

@athenagirl7000: hello new reader! hope you like my story :)

@odetoblue: lol breathe in breathe out baby ;P

@rinrinri: yeah teuki, it was just a hug!! :P

@peacelovehugs: ohohohoho i mentioned army thingy a bit in this chap sorry ;( but just a bit! ;) wait wait whooa, you're tellin me to write until 100 chaps?! can i do it?? kkk~~ we;ll see baby, the only thing i;m sure of is this story is not gon end these days

@Sujushineebang: yesssss he isssssss! childish teuki!!

@Powerpuff768: so he didn't sound so mean? *.* /glad /heaved a relieved sigh

@Aigooo: even if this story ends by the time teuki goes for army, i promise you it;ll have a happy ending. no matter if she ends up with teuk or anyone else, i;ll make it happy ending. i personally hate sad ending so there;s no way i will make it that way ;)

@dthannya312: he is?! oh... hahaha i kinda like it when he's rough~~~ /facepalm

@LilacFairy-Chu: maybe because what they've been going thru together, he becomes a bit too protective over her? probably? hehe

@leeteukbaby: you're so right, he is~ kkk ;P

@__tHeViloNe__: yeeeeeah!!! C:

@shiningstarr: yeah teukie, you are so jealous XDD

@mari_038: Ikr?! Teukie, why are you being like this instead? ;A;

@soulsistah: we know that... but she is still a bit clueless tho kkk~ slooooooow thinking process~ ;P

thank you all for reading, subscribing and also commenting! really appreciate it <333333333