Chapter 17

Two Different Worlds

 

“Did Ye Eun say something to you? Was she mad?” I asked Minho as we walked the hallway.

“She wasn’t mad! She was shocked because what she said about you and Jung Soo hyung finally became reality. She was happy somehow,” Minho said. I was starting to feel relieved when Minho then continued, “Well, maybe she’s a bit pissed. You didn’t tell her after all...”

“And you?”

“I believe that you have reasons for everything you did.” See? Minho was always wise and all, I was glad that I met him and we became friends.

We finally went inside the dance studio, where Krystal was waiting for us. I wasn’t surprised to see Ye Eun there. “Hi,” Minho said.

We all sat in the corner of the room, the farthest corner from the door. Ye Eun didn’t look displeased, yet she also didn’t talk to me. She was happy? Did Minho lie to me before?

“So how could it happen, unnie?” Krystal was sort of... excited? I couldn’t really tell, but I guessed she was excited now.

I groaned in annoyance. “Guys, don’t judge me, okay? Let me make it clear for you. It was just misunderstanding, that’s all. Sungmin saw me eating with Jung Soo. I didn’t know what he exactly saw that made him jump into a conclusion that I was dating Jung Soo. Because I clearly remember that we didn’t even look like friends.” Even though at some point I wanted us to look at least like friends.

Minho said, “See, Ye Eun? My hyungs are like that. They tend to exaggerate stuff~ Haha. And it’s normal for them to call someone sister-in-law. If one says then this girl is pretty, then the others will call her sister-in-law. Automatically. It’s always like that with Super Junior.” I wonder how many girls Jung Soo has made confused. One for sure. Me.

Ye Eun pouted, “So you’re not dating him?!”

I was delighted that she finally said something to me. Yet I looked at her skeptically, “Ye Eun, are you joking with me right now? How could you think that way, seriously? I didn’t even think of him as a friend. He’s been a jerk to me, remember? And come on! He’s like a decade older than us! No fella, I ain’t dating no pedobear.” But he’s a cute pedobear...

“But why didn’t you tell me this earlier?!” Ye Eun shouted.

“I thought it was not important at all,” I said. “Jung Soo is not an exciting topic to talk about, right?” Because you’d end up teasing me all day long.

Krystal pouted. “Unnie, I was completely aware that it was his nature to always be around girls, especially the younger ones. But I kind of expected that it was different with you. I’ve always like the idea of you and Leeteuk oppa going out together for real.”

“That ain’t happening, Krystal baby,” I flashed an annoying grin. “And where did you get that thought?! He’s not even a friend of mine. And the way he has been treating me is just so unacceptable.” But he’s been treating me much better though...

“You gotta tell me if something happens in the future!” Ye Eun commanded. Darn, when would she stop shouting...

“I won’t.” I said. I saw she glaring at me so I continued, “I won’t tell you anything because nothing will happen in the future.” Why is my heart aching a bit while saying this?

Ye Eun now looked even more pissed. Not in angry way though. In a cute way. “Sometimes it’s so hard to talk to you. Come on Krystal, let’s get some fresh air!” She pouted and stood up. I giggled seeing her acting so childish like that.

Krystal rolled her eyes and hastily followed Ye Eun out of the room.

It was only me and Minho here. Minho decided to speak up, “They can be fooled so easily.” He chuckled.

“Huh?” I timidly asked.

“You thought you could trick them.” Minho paused and smiled. “But that will never work on me.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “What do you mean?”

“Here, I can plainly see that a certain person is now falling in love.” He got sneaky smile across his face. “What has Jung Soo hyung done to you?”

I choked inside, yet remained cool outside. Minho, he can’t say this, can he?! “If the certain person you’re referring to is me, then I’d like to say that you are so wrong.” I coolly said. “Well, I gotta admit that he was nice that day, but it didn’t change anything between us. Nothing will ever change.”

“Nice?” He seemed pretty delighted. “I told you. He really is.” Ugh, I don’t really like him and this conversation now. “You just gotta see him in a more decent situation, that’s all.”

“I said that he was. He is not nice, at least not all the time,” I spoke in a hurt tone. “Duh Minho, your superb Jung Soo hyung has very bad temper. Wait, come to think of it, does he have any mood disorders? He can suddenly turn into a whole different person when he’s mad and that’s just annoying!”

Minho chuckled knowingly. “You know what? You can say that you don’t like him, but surely you can’t deny the fact that you start to know him more and more. You start to pay more attention to him.”

Ugh Minho.“YOU!” I attempted to hit his arm like super hard, but his reflex was good that he was able to stop my hand really fast.

“Let me go.” He held my hand too tight.

“Not until you promise you won’t hit me.” He winked. Aissh!

Before I could bite his hand that was holding me, suddenly the dance studio room opened and three men came walking in. I gulped. Heechul, Kyuhyun and... NO WAY, JUNG SOO.

Minho and I quickly pulled our hands apart from each other as if we were caught doing any crimes. Minho suddenly stood up on his feet, so I did the same too.

“Hey hyung, what do you wanna do here?” Minho asked.

Heechul approached us. Jung Soo and Kyuhyun went to another corner in the room, placing their bags on the floor and taking stuff out of it. Tumbler, face towel and iPod. They both had same facial expression. Irritated? Annoyed? Mad? Tired? “That’s not how a dongsaeng greets his senior, Minho-ah.” Heechul clung his arm to the younger man’s shoulder.

“Ah. Joesonghamnida, hyungnim. Annyeonghaseyo,” Minho repeated, slightly bowing.

“Ya! Minho, how long have you known me?! Not that formal!” Heechul hit Minho’s back. “Hey ______-ah, how are you?” He beamed.

I shyly smiled to him. “Hello oppa, I’m fine. How about you?”

“I’m also good. Hey, what were you doing here with Minho?” He curiously asked.

“Um..., talking?” I unsurely replied.

Minho whispered something in Heechul’s ear. I couldn’t hear what he was saying, but it didn’t take me any effort to make him spill it to me too, because half a second later, Heechul leaked it out.

“Why are they like that?” Heechul looked at Minho, fingers pointing at two men in the corner. The cheerful expression in his face slowly dropped. “Jung Soo and Kyuhyun have had that kind of face since I met them in the lobby. None of them wants to share their thoughts with me. Especially Evil Kyu. I am his Evil Master but why every time Jung Soo is not in the good mood, Kyuhyun is always on his side?” Heechul acted as though he was deeply hurt.

“Hyung! We could hear that!” Kyuhyun shouted from across the room.

“If you could hear me, why didn’t you come here and report to me what’s gotten in you, Kyu?!” Heechul nagged.

“I cannot say it now, Hyung! Not in front of her! Jung Soo hyung is...”

“Kyuhyun,” for the first time since he came in, Jung Soo finally spoke up. He cut Kyuhyun’s sentence. Jsdfjdjfdjfjfdkj I wanna hear Kyuhyun more! “Go phone the others, why are they always late AISSH!” He furiously rubbed his neck. Uh-oh, someone was getting mad for real.

Heechul tiptoed towards Kyuhyun, who was busy with his phone. Heechul then suddenly grabbed Kyuhyun by the arms and pulled him out of the room. “LET’S SEARCH FOR THEM INSTEAD OF CALLING THEM! WE’LL BE BACK WITH THE REST, JUNG SOOOOOOOO!”

“JUNG SOO HYUNG, HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!” Kyuhyun’s shout filled the room and split second later, the door was closed and Kyuhyun was no longer audible. I swore I would have laughed out loud seeing them like that, if Jung Soo didn’t look so pissed right now.


First, I am so so so sorry for the super late update :( Did you guys see Super Junior's photo teasers? Okay, blame it on them. They are the reason why I couldn't keep my mind straight enough to start writing any sensible story. Especially Siwon. You know why.

This chapter might  seem a bit... unimportant. But it's only part one of the real chapter. If you know what I mean. I got the part two (almost) ready. I think I'll post it tomorrow, or the day after.

n.b.: YES, I JUST GAVE UP GIVING A SUITABLE TITLE FOR THIS CHAPTER. I think I will start naming the chapter "Chapter 17, 18, 19..." till the end. I am super bad at giving title. I know I am such a fail, sorry ;A;

ANYWAY, WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE SUPER JUNIOR'S PHOTO TEASER? >.< Tell me, tell me~