Chapter 18

Two Different Worlds

 

Heechul and Kyuhyun had left. Minho decided to approach Jung Soo while I remained still in my position.

“Hi hyung, are you going to practice for the new video filming?” Minho casually asked.

Facing Minho like that, the irritated expression in Jung Soo’s face slowly disappeared. However, he didn’t look as if he had any intentions to take part in any kind of conversation right now. “Mm,” Jung Soo just murmured. See?

Jung Soo glanced at me and I could see his jaw hardened. Wait..., am I the source of his anger? But what have I done?

“Hyung, it must be tiring you, so stay healthy, okay?” Minho opened his mouth again. Jung Soo narrowed his eyes. I didn’t know whether Minho was truly naïve or really stupid, because just by looking at Jung Soo’s face, he should have known that leaving the old man alone was the best way to survive right now.

I thought Jung Soo would not say anything but to my surprise, he confronted Minho, “Thank you for worrying my health, Minho-ah. But no need to do that. You have more important issue to think about.” He smiled a bit while saying that, but his tone remained flat.

Confused, Minho dryly asked, “What do you mean, hyung?”

Jung Soo glanced at me once, and he turned to Minho, trying to focus all his attention on the younger male standing in front of him. “Office is not the right place to go out on a date with your girlfriend, Minho-ah.” This time, he put some jolly intonation to the sentence he was saying, but his facial expression was bitter.

I glared at Jung Soo. I fiercely walked towards him and Minho. “I thought you told me to forget the topic, Leeteuk-ssi,” I coldly said.

“Um, I don’t see where this conversation is going,” Minho weakly said. “What did you mean by ‘girlfriend’? If you thought that ______ was my girlfriend, then you’ve been completely wrong, because she is...”

“Minho-ah,” Jung Soo cut him. “People make assumptions from what they see. A lot of people saw you come here with her. They’d think you dated her. It might hurt some people in the future. Come on, you know what I’m saying!”

“HAHAHAHA,” Minho freely laughed. Jung Soo and I skeptically looked at him. What’s so funny? “Who are the people you’re talking about, hyung? The fans waiting for us outside SM Building? Hyung... They are not dumb. Not that dumb to make such judgment. They know who my friends are.”

I now stared at Jung Soo with the kind of ‘I-told-you’ look. I crossed my arms on my chest.

“Oh, if that’s so...,” Jung Soo said. I got shocked because for the first time since I saw him here, the tension that preoccupied him was gone. He was way calmer than before.

“Yes. Besides, it wasn’t only the two of us. Krystal and Ye Eun were here too, they’re out to get some air,” Minho explained.

Jung Soo pulled out his phone. He was typing something and smiling.

“Jung Soo hyung,” Minho called him. Jung Soo got his eyes off of the phone screen and turned to Minho. “Thanks for reminding me, anyway. I appreciate it. But seriously, you don’t have to worry so much.” Then he smiled.

Minho was too kind to be true. Sometimes I felt like I needed to put some wickedness inside his mind so he won’t always be nice to everyone he met.

My phone vibrated and I opened the new message. “Don’t be so mad, I needed to get that out of my chest.” It was from... yeah right, no other than Jung Soo.

I heavily sighed. “I am not mad. Haha, of course, you need to always get what’s inside your mind out, don’t you?” I quickly replied him.

“You’re mad.”

“Well, to be honest, I am not. What for? Your intentions were good.”

“You look pissed off to me right now, somehow.”

“Does that bother you?”

“Kind of. I don’t really like seeing people angry.”

“Well, you’ve looked pissed and irritated since the moment you stepped inside this room.”

“I have reason for that.”

“Is this a habit of yours? To always make people confused because of your jumpy personality?”

I saw him smiling. “So you’re not mad but confused?”

I sarcastically laughed before texting him back. “Not me, Leeteuk-ssi. Heechul oppa.”

“He’s not confused. He knows me.”

Before I could reply Jung Soo’s message, Minho interrupted, “Um busy with the phone and forgetting me?”

Oh my God, I almost forgot that Minho was here. Jung Soo was the one to be blamed! But of course I couldn’t say that to him, right? The naïve boy didn’t even know who I was texting to. Jung Soo just smiled. He played with the back of his phone cover. Duckeeeey.

All of a sudden, people barged the dance studio. Oh, Super Junior guys were already here. Oh, Krystal and Ye Eun, too. And some guys I couldn’t recognize. Probably the choreographers. The boys greeted me and Minho, and apologized to Jung Soo.

“We’re sorry for being late, hyung,” Yesung spoke. “It was hard to wake Donghae up.”

Donghae stood up. “Yesung hyung!” He was blushing, probably shy because Yesung said that in front of me, Ye Eun and Krystal. The three of us giggled.

“It’s okay. Just don’t do that again in the future, or you’ll know the consequence,” Jung Soo lightly tapped Donghae’s shoulder.

Heechul walked towards Jung Soo confusedly. “Whooa Jung Soo, you’re back to normal! You’re not pissed off anymore!” He gasped. “Minho-ah, ______-ah, what did you do to him??”

“Heechul hyung, there’s no way Teuki hyung will be angry in front of sister-in-law!” Sungmin exclaimed. Then the boys laughed.

Jung Soo just shook his head in disbelief. He glanced at me and mouthed, “Sorry, I’ll talk to them.”

Siwon approached me and Minho. “It’s been a while!” He smiled. “How are you doing?” He asked me.

Just so you knew, Siwon only wore a white v-neck. And it was damn tight that I tried so hard not to trace his abs with my fingers. Haha. Get your mind straight, Miss. What did he ask me? Oh, how am I. “Good! You?”

“I’ve been busy, but I’m fine.” He smiled again, revealing his dimple.

I saw Jung Soo walking towards me. I thought he was going to talk to me, but I was wrong. To Ye Eun and Krystal who were standing beside me he said, “You’re here too! With Minho and ______!”

Ye Eun glanced at me. Krystal giggled and answered him, “Of course we’re here, oppa! What did you think, Minho oppa and ______ unnie went out alone without us? What did you think they are? A couple?” Krystal laughed.

Jung Soo choked. Siwon tapped his back. “What’s wrong, hyung? You weren’t even drinking or eating anything.”

“Ahahaha,” Jung Soo nervously laughed. “No, Siwonnie, I’m fine.” He smiled to Ye Eun and Krystal. “It’s really nice to see you both here.” Pedobear in action... I sighed.

“We should leave so they can start practicing,” Minho whispered to me.

I nodded. “Yes, of course. Now?”

“No. Next year.”

I laughed. “Chill, dude. Come on, let’s say bye to them.”

On our way out of SM Entertainment building, I felt the urge to text Jung Soo once again. “Good luck for the practice.”

Not until a minute later, I received the reply, “Thank you! ^^” Ugh Jung Soo, what’s with the emoticon. Don’t make yourself appear cute after how crappy you acted before. This guy had some serious emotional problem.


 

Hallo, here I am with the part two ;)

I am sorry that this story is being told in your point of view so we will never really get to know what's inside Leeteuk's mind D: He's confusing you I know, that's why I am sorry D:

To clarify some stuff that's probably still unclear:

yes, Leeteuk was kinda jealous. If you read the end of Chapter 16, the two people inside white Audi were Leeteuk and Kyuhyun. Leeteuk drives a white Audi A5. Kyuhyun was just following Leeteuk being y like that lolz. However, Leeteuk wasn't purely mad because he was jealous seeing you with Minho, he was irritated that s were late. But after Minho explained everything to him, his anger was gone. Lolz. He was confusing, IKR?!

So yeah, I just thought I needed to make it clearer for you... Since I couldn't tell it from Leeteuk's point of view :(