Chapter 67

Two Different Worlds

 

[Current timeline: 111119 – Seoul]

This morning I woke up early in strong excitement and familiar nervousness. Familiar... This feeling was not peculiar and strange anymore. It almost seemed like I could understand all that Jung Soo felt as we both got closer and closer each day. The more we spent our time talking, sharing the weight equally on our shoulders, the easier it became for me to know what he felt and the mood he was in.

Today was the start of Super Junior World Tour, Super Show 4. Of course it just had to begin in Seoul, South Korea, where they were from. Jung Soo might have performed on stage, be it in their own concert or joined shows, many times before... But this one would be pretty much different from those performances.

Everybody knew that in this world full of uncertainty, the leader of Super Junior did not have so much time left before his military enlistment. This world tour might be the last tour he could participate in, and that fact alone depressed him to the point he refused to stop working even a little just to ensure that everything would be perfect. Jung Soo had been extra nervous, restless. He spent most of his time working, checking everything with the staff―from VCR and lighting effects to wardrobe concept and song list―discussing ideas and turning them into reality.

Just a few hours from now, he and his other members would coolly stand on the grand, huge stage, singing and dancing, delivering the best they could do. I would be in the crowds, rooting for them but especially for the oldest one up there.

My phone on the table suddenly vibrated and I lightly hit my head as something automatically popped in my mind. Without checking the caller ID, I ran downstairs and opened the door.

“I pressed the bell like two hundred times, didn’t you hear it?” Ye Eun grunted as she came inside my house. The both of us walked directly to my room.

“I was...busy with my thoughts.” I bit my lip.

Ye Eun lightly elbowed my rib and giggled all the way through. “Nervous, aight?” She mocked me, sitting on my bed.

I pouted, but eventually nodded in defeat. “The concert is important for Jung Soo, you know that.”

“I understand but...” Ye Eun shrugged her shoulders. “Do you love him this much?”

“Eh?”

Ye Eun lay on her back, staring at the ceiling. “You seem to worry so much about him. Despite the differences and everything that he has done to you, you still love him, MUCH, right?”

“Why are we suddenly discussing this?” I questioned. I dragged my body onto the queen size bed of mine and lay beside Ye Eun. “I might sound stupid and irrational, but as I know him more, as I learn more about him... I found him so fragile he can’t even express himself correctly. I used to dislike him because of that, but something about him makes it hard, if not impossible, for me to let him go.”

Ye Eun looked at me and smiled. Her smile was content and sad at the same time. “If he hurts you, he ain’t going to live with his balls for the rest of his life.”

I burst out laughing at my best friend’s remark, yet a bit trembling inside as Ye Eun herself did not fully know how terrible Jung Soo could be.

“So, is Minho picking us up tonight or we’ll drive by ourselves?” I switched the topic, mentally tired of talking about Jung Soo.

“Well, SHINee is going so I suppose he’ll go with them?” Ye Eun checked her mobile phone and with the edges of her lips curving down, she continued, “Ah he said he’ll see us backstage.”

“I see... How about the congratulary flower we have ordered?” I asked.

Ye Eun gave me a thumb up and smiled in satisfaction. “I have taken care of that! It should be arriving really soon at the venue.” She continued, “Do you want to know what I told them to write along the flower?”

“What was it?”

“’From ______. Leeteuk oppa, if you finish it well, let’s get married! Fighting, I love you!!!’” Ye Eun smiled from ear to ear, while I could not control my own facial expression.

“What?! You bish you kidding me, aight?!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. I knew that she was only joking with me, but the idea of giving Jung Soo such message was too ridiculous and cheesy. My cheeks reddened.

“Yaaaaaah! You’re blushing! WTF, why are you so cute?!” Ye Eun cupped my face. “Ugh get lost! Get lost! I loathe every cute stuff existing on earth!”

I blushed a bit more and jumped out of the bed. I had bought several cute cards and actually I planned to give it to Super Junior members along with the expensive congratulary flower (950,000 for each!!!).

Ye Eun approached me and when she saw me writing on the table, she asked, “Ah, is it the cards you told me about?”

I slightly nodded, focusing on what I currently was writing. “Dear Donghae oppa, congratulations for Super Junior’s fourth tour!!! Have fun on the stage~ I’ll treat you ice cream and buy you Crayola if you do well~ Kkk. Good luck! FIGHTING! ^^” Ye Eun read the message out loud. “Ah you’re being too cute it’s disgusting now! Ew, you must have been contaminated by that cheesy old guy, well-known womanizer towards pretty young trainees, Park Jung Soo! Aargh I can’t help it, let me write the message for you! You have turned into special cheese cake with extra ten layers of cheesiness I bet Super Junior members will puke the moment they read these cards from you!”

“Nooooooooooooo~ Write your own messages!” I almost wailed when Ye Eun took the cards and my colorful pens. She quickly, voluntarily gave me back all that as my reaction was a bit surprising. I did not usually wail.

“Damn! Are you always like this with Leeteuk?” Ye Eun curiously asked.

I pouted, still writing the message. Currently it was for Hyukjae, the sweet, cute cry baby of Super Junior. ‘Hyukjae oppa!!! I know you can do it! Dance coolly on stage, kill it! You’re cooler than what you think. When the other members say you’re ugly~ they’re just jealous! Fighting!’

“You’re jelly because Dongwoon is not even your official boyfriend and you cannot do all the cute stuff with him,” I said.

Ye Eun scowled. “WTF, that’s bull. Dongwoon cannot be my official boyfriend now because he obeys everything under his contract with Cube Entertainment. Unlike my best friend’s boyfriend! Pssh!”

“Whatever la la la la~”

“No. Seriously. Are you and Leeteuk cheesy all the time? Does he throw you a bunch of pick-up lines every day, in daily basis?” Ye Eun still insisted to get an answer from me.

Tired of hearing that, I silently opened my lips, “No. To be honest, no. Rather than exchanging sweet, cute lines, I guess we fight more often.”

Ye Eun suddenly turned silent. “Ugh, I am sorry. Ugh. I heard what happened last week from Minho. He was kinda mad, but was not mad either. You managed to clear the misunderstanding with Leeteuk. But still, I guess you guys fight like really a lot, huh?” She apologetically said. “You’re stupid, you know. Both you and Leeteuk are. Ugh. You guys are so different I don’t know how you two manage to survive. Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why him? Why Leeteuk? Why not someone more suitable for you than him? I wouldn’t interfere in your relationship and say all this thing if you dated... for example, Minho. Or Woohyun. Even Kyuhyun is better than Leeteuk!”

“Oh really? Because they are much younger than him?” I might appear calm, but inside I was starting to boil. The anger was rising and I got a bit irritated now. This kind of saying was getting old. None of it would change me and I wondered when people would stop saying nonsense stuff like this to me.

And even though it was nothing new for Jung Soo and me, I was always afraid if he heard this. He surely would be sad and who knew if he would also come to a point where he finally agreed to those thoughts and opinion? What if he left me because of that?

“I get it. You’re my friend and you only want me happy, but that was too much. I thought you liked him. Don’t say such thing anymore, okay? It hurts enough without it,” I said in low tone, not looking at her.

Ye Eun clung to my shoulders. “I’m sorry. At first I really, really hoped that you would end up with Leeteuk. But now... I don’t know.” She shrugged her shoulders. “I just don’t think that way any longer. It’s your relationship; it can be your source of happiness, or sadness. So please… Think about it all over again, eh?”

I managed to wear a broken smile and murmured, “Hm.”

Ye Eun glanced at the note I was working on and squealed, “You’re so formal to Kyuhyun, WHY? He’s like one of the younger members!”

I stopped writing and read it carefully, ‘Congratulations for the tour, Kyuhyun-ssi. Good luck.’ “Was it that formal?”

She took the other cards and scanned them through. “Apparently, compared to the others, yes. Take your message for Henry for instance. ‘Mochi, my mate!!! Prove ‘em that you can do it yo’! Let’s grab something to eat after it ain’t hectic any longer. Mochi, do your best, kay?!?! xo’. Are you that awkward with Kyu?”

My eyes widened. “You don’t know? I never tell you? Kyu never likes me. Ugh.”

“Ah! He was the one who told you about Leeteuk joining We Got Married, wasn’t he?!” Ye Eun naughtily blinked at me. “He’s like some kind of bodyguard for Leeteuk. Hahaha.”

What bodyguard, he is more like a tiger. I emotionlessly laughed.

When I was about to write the last card for Heechul, I looked up and asked Ye Eun, “Heechul isn’t attending, is he?”

“That’s what I heard from Sulli.” That was what I heard from Jung Soo too. (And yes, a pang of sadness struck him for a moment when he told me that.)

I unconsciously pouted. It’ll be less fun without Space Big Star Kim Heechul. I put all the cards in one big cute envelope and wrote on the front part of it: “TO: SYUPA JUNIOR ― Read it carefully~” There were ten cards in total inside. Each one for Yesung, Shindong, Sungmin, Hyukjae, Siwon, Zhou Mi, Donghae, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Henry. A letter and a gift specially for Jung Soo was prepared long time ago and I simply treated it differently because he was not only a Super Junior member, he was my boyfriend too. If I were to treat him like I treated his brothers, then what differences would there be between him and them?

“Mm, guess we have to start preparing. I promise Minho to meet them backstage at like, 5 something. It takes one hour to drive there and it’s 03.00 already. That means we only have so limited time to get dressed! We’re totally screwed.”

I chuckled. “We? Screwed? Haha, it’s only you, Ye Eun. I’m not as hard as you when it comes to dressing.”

Ye Eun wore cute angry pout on her face but soon as she grabbed a paper bag from the floor and took out something from it, she happily squealed again, “Going to Super Show 4, I had reason to shop and buy the stuff I’d been eyeing since last month. Haha. See? This little black dress is just so adorable, isn’t it? I told Mom that the price was not really reasonable. She asked me back, why would you still want to buy it even though you clearly knew that it’s expensive? Well, I have to look pretty, right? After all, Super Junior is Dad’s subordinate. Going to their concert looking fabulous is a must!”

And here our dolling up time began...

--

[05.17 p.m. – in front of Seoul Olympic Stadium]

“Darn it’s so crowded already...” Ye Eun sighed.

After finding an empty spot to park my car, we got out and hurried up. I wondered at the sight that welcomed me outside the stadium. The atmosphere was different; it was really pleasing and exciting. The color blue was everywhere. There was organized, long line of people queuing for buying official merchandise. Some were squealing, holding merchandises, light sticks, colorful fan boards; “Oppa, fighting!”, “Super Love for Super Junior”, “Kyuhyun Marry Me” and a lot more. A group of people distributed something that looked a lot like photo cards. A girl gave me one with a picture of Yesung on the front and a line saying “gureumsori.com” printed on the back.

“I wanna get a light stick too!” I said to Ye Eun.

The two of us bought unofficial light sticks since the official ones were hard to get, we ain’t going to line up here forever just to get it. (a/n: LOL I queued for like four hours in the rain just to buy official merchandise. Would never do such crazy thing if it wasn’t for Super Junior, HAHAHA.)

It was really fun to see people having fun and getting excited even though the concert had not even started yet.

Ye Eun and I went inside the stadium only to get stopped by the security. “Young ladies, I am sorry. Nobody is allowed to get in before 6 o’clock.” -__-

Before Ye Eun could make a call to Minho to help us, I saw Junghoon, one of Super Junior managers, drinking cola in the smoking area with some staff. Reflexively, I shouted, “Junghoon ahjussi!”

The said guy immediately looked up and saw me. Wide grin appeared on his handsome face. I signaled him about the security, and he quickly approached us.

“Let them in,” he instructed the security guy.

“But no one’s in, not until 6.”

Junghoon scratched the back of his neck, slightly feeling agitated. “Yah, the girl over here...” He pointed at Ye Eun. “Is the only daughter of Choi sajangnim. And the girl over here, is my dongsaeng’s girl... I meant, she is my dongsaengs’ close friend.”

The security guy looked a bit nervous and guiltily made a way for us to walk in. Ye Eun and I thanked him, and smiled from ear to ear to Junghoon. “Thank you, Junghoon ahjussi!!!”

“It’s Junghoon oppa!” Yeah, Junghoon oppa, totally. Haha, the man was even older than Jung Soo. “Let me lead you two to the waiting room.” I smiled again, feeling so thankful.

“Aw, I was just about to ask you that!” Ye Eun squealed. “Thank you, OPPA.”

We walked towards Super Junior’s waiting room and in our way, I saw lots of congratulary flowers standing neatly. “WTF Ye Eun, did you tell them to write that?!” I pointed at one exact flower. One with weird message on it.

Ye Eun followed my finger and burst out laughing. “Haha that’s ours!”

“Whoah!” Junghoon gasped reading it. “’OPPA BE AWESOME AND MARRY ME. –YE EUN & ______’?! Hahaha Ye Eun you sick.”

Junghoon shook his head and I facepalmed. Ye Eun was still laughing. “What? You should thank me for speaking out what’s in your mind. Hahahaha.”

“Oh, we’re here,” Junghoon stopped in front of a door. “Ready?” He eagerly smiled.

“Ah!” I remembered something, and took out the envelope I prepared from my bag. “Can you keep it for me and pass this to them?”

“What’s this?”

Ye Eun answered Junghoon for me, “Cheesy messages. Oppa, you better not read it or you’ll puke. Hahahaha.”

“Ready, Junghoon ahjussi.” I stopped Ye Eun from blabbering the unnecessary.

“Okay, let’s go in.” Junghoon opened the door for us.


 

Hello. I originally planned to post longer than this but my back pain is here, and I couldn’t concentrate to turn my rough draft to sensible chapter. Not with this pain. T__T

I understand if some of you (if not all) are disappointed at me for not updating.  I’m sorry for being such a fail. You can leave if you feel disappointed... I can’t promise you anything beside: I won’t abandon this story, period.

I don’t know... ugh I was busy lately. And writers’ block a lot. When I had time to sit down and actually re-write the draft in my phone on computer last week, something came up. Kkk... Mood was destroyed. Wait... I can smell rant coming close, so if you feel uncomfortable, just leave the part below and continue scrolling. I should just ignore it, it’s been like a week anyway. But I remembered it and I am not even kidding, I get mad again. Ugh, you hate him, that’s fine. I’m usually cool with haters. Everyone has their own likings and preferences I can’t force them to like particular thing/person. But sometimes... It goes too far, you know? Wishing people dead is disgusting. Really? Telling him to quickly enter the army and get his head shot by the bullet? I ain’t saying this just because it apparently connected to one of my beloved ones, but as a human being, such action is so low. What has an idol done to you that you have so much hatred toward them? LOL. Leader is not perfect, no one is. Everybody has flaws; you might hate them for living with it, or you might still love them despite their flaws. And Shisus... it was not even leader’s fault, yet he stepped out and apologized. Gosh I’m pissed off again HAHAHA. Hhh. I don’t know why I am dumping my rant here. It’s a Teuk fic and ‘those people’ probably don’t read it anyway -,- Pssh I just had to let it out. Y’all nice people, aight? OR NO? Well, if ever one of you here somehow happened to be ones who sent my baby such disgusting messages, lol please leave because I automatically won’t be nice to you if you hurt my babies. Hating is okay lah, but hurting... dude, that ain’t cool with me dude. /prepares nuclear bomb/ Phew I wrote too much, rant done here. Bye. Have a nice day all~~~

Anticipate an update from me next week~~~ (OMG, HOPEFULLY.) D: Oh anyway~ HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY FELLOW ELF!!! SIX YEARS AND STILL COUNTING <3 Glad I found Suju and became part of the beautiful pearl sapphire blue ocean <3 Let's stay together till the end... (even though it's never an END for us, it's an AND!) :3 Love, love y'all!!!