Chapter 55

Two Different Worlds

MUST READ: Ok, first, I want to apologize for not posting it earlier. I had trouble writing this chapter. Why? Because... IT IS WRITTEN IN LEETEUK'S P.O.V ^^ It's the first time for me! :3 I wrote it specially for sugenluv, who has been asking me to write in his P.O.V. I tried it and I did not know whether it's good or not... So yeah, comments will be appreciated ^^ I need to continually improve my writings ;A; Hehe. I might or might not write the next chapter in this kind of style again, if you like it~ ;)

Enjoy ^^

And oh, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR :D


 

[Current timeline: Shindong’s birthday – 110928, in Changwon city for SBS Green Concert]

“Come on, hyung! Faster, we’re getting late!” Two different voices casually shouted at me the same thing. Donghae and Hyukjae.

Not wanting to hear their unnecessary nags, Junghoon hyung and I quickly proceeded to get inside the cab and closed the door. “All set, Hyuk.” Upon hearing me, Hyukjae smirked and signaled the cab driver to start driving. The car swiftly moved towards a restaurant somewhere in the city we were unfamiliar with, where the rest was waiting for us.

Today was Shindong’s birthday and with our packed schedule, having dinner in the nearest samgyupsal restaurant was the most possible way to celebrate it. We could no longer care of the fact that it was almost midnight and we were exhausted after taping SBS Green Concert in Changwon city, approximately 185 miles away from Seoul. Let alone the bus ride back to the capital we would take after this.

 “Anyone knows how Siwon is?” I asked out of the blue. The younger male’s face just popped inside my mind.

 “Kyuhyun told me Siwon is in the coast again. It’s a fortunate thing he hasn’t gone crazy until now,” Donghae answered me. “Maknae told me not to call Siwon. If he heard our voice... yah hyung you know how he’s like.”

[A/N: During this period of time, Siwon was filming Poseidon, remember?;]]

Hyukjae chuckled hearing Donghae’s explanation. So did I. I knew MaSi missed us like crazy. Being alone in Poseidon filming set was a torture for him. He wanted to be with us, yet he also wanted to do what he felt he should do. And even though all of us missed him so much as well, we realized that he needed to be professional, we had to support him and thus, we could not do the things that would make him leave the set using his dad’s helicopter and fly here to see us.

That was why right now, I was trying so hard not to call him, or send him an encouraging text message―for I knew that it could lead to something that the company would loathe and media would love to bring up. Haha.

Siwon-ah, just come back real soon.

--

“Oh! That’s them!” Hyukjae cheerfully exclaimed, pointing his finger at a table in the hidden corner of this restaurant. I glanced at the whole room. Since it was late at night, the restaurant was not crowded, and all the other customers were relatively old men in their mid 40s or 50s.

Junghoon hyung, Hyukjae, Donghae and I quickly approached the table. Shindong, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Jongwoon, Kyuhyun and Seunghwan hyung were happily eating samgyupsal, the birthday boy’s favorite dish.

“Hyuuuuung~” Ryeowook shouted in the middle of chewing his food, upon seeing the four of us. Donghae approached the Eternal Maknae and gave him a hug.

Shindong ordered more samgyupsal for us.

“Happy birthday, Dongie-ya.” I hugged him warmly.

He flashed me a happy grin. “Thanks hyung. Apart from my family, I am very thankful that I have you in my life. I am glad to celebrate my 27th birthday with you.”

We were eating and noisily talking. Well, not we. But they were noisily talking. No one beat my Super Junior dongsaengs in term of loudness. While eating my samgyupsal (and keeping it away from Hyukjae’s grabby hands), I watched them joking, amused. Kyuhyun bullied Ryeowook and Hyukjae, even though Sungmin had told Evil Maknae that saying the two were uglier than him was inappropriate, he did not budge at all and continued his disturbing act. I would not be surprised if one day Henry copied him. Must save Mochi, I noted inside my mind.

EunHae were showing another PDA. Donghae patted Hyukjae’s back while Hyuk rested his head on Donghae’s shoulder. The two looked like almost crying. Kyuhyun was of course the one to blame―evilly mocking Hyukjae was just evil! Ban Kyuhyun from touching his laptop tonight.

Jongwoon creepily watched Sungmin eating and whispered, “How could you eat so much and gain weight only in your puffy cheeks...” The younger male threw him a judging look, but a second later he changed it into a very adorable one. “Jealous?” He cutely said. That’s not a very nice thing to say. Hide Sungmin’s bubble milk tea and Chilsung Cider stocks in the dorm tomorrow.

The family would have been complete if Heechul, Hankyung, Siwon and Kibum were here. And Zhoumi and Henry too. I could not help but to think of that.

“Jung Soo-ya!” Seunghwan hyung interrupted me from thinking and zoning out. “It’s confirmed. You’ll join We Got Married!” That simple sentence triggered immediate reactions from the members.

Most of them were jokingly mocking me. “Hyung~ You’re getting married.”

“Treat your wife nicely! Don’t treat her the way you treated me, Jung Soo!” Only Kyuhyun was brave enough to call me without hyung. Rascal. Aissh. Make his punishment two nights.

“ I wanna get married too!” Donghae said. (Of course he gained a dirty look from Hyukjae after saying that.)

I smiled a bit. As a man in his late 20s, I felt the compulsion to do my very best before I enlisted in the military. Truth be told, I wanted to join We Got Married, one of the most popular variety shows in South Korea. I wanted to show people that I could do it. But at the same time, I was also reluctant to take part in it. First, it would only tire me. My backache still hurt a lot. Well, it has always hurt a lot. Second, I knew it was just a show. A fake one. But I did not want to do what I regularly did to ______, to another girl I barely knew personally. Hhh.

“I heard your wife would be Kang Sora the actress,” Kyuhyun said. “She’s so young and fresh, you’re so lucky indeed!”

Ryeowook agreed, “She’s so talented in acting. I’ve watched her drama, I think.”

“It’ll be cool if Jung Soo hyung likes her, and she likes you too!” Sungmin added. “Haha, we’ll be calling her sister-in-law!”

Ergh. I glanced at Donghae. Only that man knew the truth right now. He was looking at me too. He nodded and knowingly smiled. I can no longer pretend that I do not have her beside me. “Stop fantasizing the impossible,” I coolly said. I took some rice and put it on a leaf of lettuce. “Tomorrow when we have welcoming lunch for Heechul, I’ll invite someone to meet you all.” I placed a piece of samgyupsal on top of the rice and wrapped it. Opening my mouth wide, I enjoyed the deliciousness of the Korean pork belly meat. Nom nom.

“Come on kids, eat faster, we still have bus to catch!” Junghoon hyung reminded us.

What. Must be quicker than Hyukjae and Shindong. I ate some more samgyupsal.

--

‘You’ve sung for me before, so I am preparing a song for you now. You wanna hear it? Come back soon! (#^.^#)’  I read the text message from my baby girl, and unconsciously put a wide smile on my face. It was always like this with her. The happiness that rushed through every inch of my body because of her every little action.

I quickly typed a reply for her. ‘I’m on the bus right now, baby! Can I take you out tomorrow?I miss you (≧∇≦) Kiss!’

‘Oppa you can. But only if you stop being so cheesy. You’re making me shiver.’ Hahaha, she gets bitter when I’m being cheesy. Sometimes she’s cheesy too!

‘Cheesy is my middle name~ (*^^)^*)☆Chu!!’

 “Ahem.” Someone cleared their throat, and I was not surprised to see that the voice belonged to Donghae. He was sitting beside me on this bus that was taking us back to Seoul. Donghae beamed and like a cute puppy he excitedly said, “Hyung~ So you’re telling them tomorrow? About her?”

I glanced before answering him. The other members and our staff were resting. It was a part of the plan we conducted for surprising Shindong―he was oblivious to the fact that we already bought cakes for him. He only knew we early celebrated his birthday by the dinner before, but we were not Super Junior if we did not have after party and more surprises!―we were pretending to sleep and after we reached Seoul, he’d get caked! But by the looks of them, I was sure they were not pretending to sleep. They were asleep. The day was tiring, after all.

I firmly nodded my head. “Did you not hear them before? Unconsciously saying that Kang Sora-ssi and I will be a compatible couple? It’s time, Hae. They have to know the truth, they should know about ______’s existence in my life.” And in my heart, I silently continued.

Donghae patted my shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. “I think that’s a good idea. I’ll support you no matter what, hyung. I’m sure the rest is going to as well.” This kid... I could not believe that when the first time we met each other, he was that shy, handsome teenage boy in second year of middle school. He had grown up and become a mature person. Arguably more mature than me, his leader. “Go sleep for a while, hyung. We still have little surprise after this, and today Heechul hyung is going out of the training camp,” he squealed a bit. I smiled because of the thoughts of Heechul. He would officially complete his four-week basic training tomorrow. He would go home tomorrow. I am meeting him real soon.

--

[Current timeline: 110929 – Seoul]

“Oppa, aren’t you tired?” was the first sentence ______ said after getting inside my car. “Let me drive. Tell me where we’re heading to.” She bit her lower lip.

That was so thoughtful of her. My baby girl. Of course I was tired. We arrived in Seoul just before the dawn and I could sleep for only three or four hours before I woke up and prepared myself to pick her up at her house. But how could I let her drive for us? She was the person I treasured the most, how could I possibly burden her?

I stared at ______. She was indeed pretty, but she would never realize that. Her beauty was hard to describe, just like herself. It seemed like her exotic appearance was the result of the tough experiences she had come across in life. I so far had not had the chance to really talk to her about her past, and mine as well, but I was sure that she had gone through many. She looked so strong, but at the same time, I knew she was fragile inside. She was perplexing. Her physical figure was stunning for some people, but I hoped she would eat more, for I could clearly see her collar bones. She smiled a lot when I was around, but I knew that she relied on me and her best friends to be happy. My heart ached when I secretly caught her broken smile. What did she keep inside herself? Few days ago Minho texted me, telling me to take good care of _______. Short and simple, but I was not stupid for not knowing that there was a more complex meaning behind that message.

“Oppa.” Her sweet voice snapped me back to reality. She was looking at me with her beautiful, chestnut eyes. “Are you okay?”

I smiled to her, and started driving. “Yup.”

That answer left her pouting. “Oppa, you’re not. You’re tired, I know it. Come on, pull over. I’ll drive.”

“I’m really fine,” I assured her. Or tried to. “Hey, we’re having lunch in my dorm, ok?”

“WH-WHAT?!” She almost shouted. Wow, not the exact reaction I anticipated. “Oppa, no! Do not want! How about your members?!” But her face while protesting was undeniably cute. How could someone as precious as her be mine?

“It’s just like the other day. Only you, me and Donghae.” I lied. I just lied to my dear. But she would force me to drive her home again if I told her the truth!

Her expression softened and the pinkish lips of her formed a pout. A very adorable one. “Really? If you lied, you knew the consequences, right?” That simple question successfully made me gulp down my saliva in panic. Better tell her the truth since the start :/

Breath in, one, two, three, breath out... “Okay, that was a lie. I’m planning to let the members know about our relationship.” Hhh... How will she react to this though?

“Aargh, oppa, no. Not now,” she groaned.

I glanced at ______ very carefully. She was bowing her head and I could not see her face. Crap, what did I just do? I quickly pulled over my car.

“Babe.” I lightly poked her shoulder. I took her hand and held it tight. “Are you okay with it?”

______ lifted up her head and she sadly said, “I’m afraid they won’t like me.”

 “They’ll like you.” I smiled to her. “Donghae and Heechul do. The rest has liked you since the beginning. I’m sure they’ll still like you after knowing our relationship.” I meant, who could possibly not like this girl beside me? She was more than anything I could ask for from a person. Even if my members disagreed, it would not change anything in our relationship, I guessed...

“Oppa you don’t understand,” she groaned in frustration.

... Wait, what? Frustration? Did I hear it right?

“They won’t like me. Not as your girlfriend. I’m so flawed. How can I, a truly imperfect girl with a problematical mind and ugly face, date someone so wonderful like you?”

She had very low self-esteem and confidence. I wished I could help her. I wished I could say something funny and make her laugh when she was miserable like this. Sadly I could not. The funny Leeteuk oppa belonged to Strong Heart or Star King. He was not able to be witty and all if it was not for TV shows, if he was not being paid to fake himself in front of the camera.

“Oppa, it’s too quick. Why are you rushing it?”

I smiled again, I needed to be patient with her. “I’m not rushing it. They’ll find us out, it’s just a matter of time. I think now is the perfect timing.” I diverted my focus back on the road again, driving carefully. “It’s gonna be okay.” I’m gonna show you that you are not flawed. You are a truly perfect girl. I am the one who does not deserve to have you, ______-ah.

I thought she mumbled something about Kyuhyun and how the male loathed her but I was not sure that I heard it right. ______-ah, do not be afraid. This faulty, old man will let you know how lucky he is to have you beside him.

--

“Heechul-ah, you’re home? 11th floor? Oh, okay!” After parking my car in private basement, I held ______’s cold hand and led her to the elevator that would take us upstairs. I hung up Heechul’s call and turned to her. “Sungmin and Junghoon hyung fetched Heechul from the training camp today.”

______’s face brightened up, yet she was shocked also. “You did not tell me that Heechul oppa is coming home! Oh my God!” She began to smile from ear to ear.

Ah, finally... the smile that I longed to see. “Surprise,” I crisply said. “It’s not so bad right now, is it?”

“Yah oppa,” she pouted again, remembering the reason why we were not in this elevator, heading to 11th floor. “They will laugh at me.”

“Ahaha, why? My kids are not that naughty. They won’t laugh at you. They’ll be happy for having new cool mom!”

Ding! The elevator door opened. Here we go. I held her hand tight, making sure she would not escape. “It’s alright. They’re just gonna be shocked at first, but they’ll like us together.” I was saying this more to myself than to her. Because obviously, I did not know how the members would react. I never introduced them to my girlfriends. ______ would be the first one. For some reasons, I did that because I knew that those girls would not last long with me. But I had faith in ______. I had faith in this relationship. Somehow. I wanted people to know her―the girl in my dreams. I wanted ELF to know this amazing girl whom I gave my heart to. I wanted to introduce her to Umma and Appa. Inyoung noona would love to have a beautiful sister-in-law like my baby.

The moment I pressed the door bell, ______ hid behind me. A chuckle slipped out of my mouth. We still held each other’s hands.

Not so long after that, the door opened. Ah, it was the ahjumma who took care of our dorm that opened it for me. “Han ahjumma, thank you,” I politely said.

“Jung Soo-ya.” The old woman warmly smiled. “Come in. They’re eating right now. Heechul is here already. You must have missed him so mu... Wait, who’s behind you, Jung Soo-ya?”

I let out a nervous laugh. It was only ahjumma, and I lost my cool already. Chill, Jung Soo. I came inside the dorm, dragging ______ along with me. “Ahjumma, meet ______. She is a foreigner, but can speak Korean!”

______ automatically bowed her head and upper body. I couldn’t not ignore the nervousness in her voice as she greeted ahjumma, “Annyeonghaseyo, ______ imnida.”

“Ahjumma takes care of me and the members in the dorm. She cleans the room, does our laundry. She also cooks when Ryeowook cannot,” I explained to her. “Super Junior members especially Henry cannot survive without her.”

______ immediately said, “Ah ahjumma, thank you for taking care of them!” Sincere, yet awkward. My baby girl was definitely cute.

“You’re such a sweet lady,” ahjumma said. I mentally heaved a relieved sigh. Good, at least one person liked her already. “Jung Soo never brought any women home before. You must be a very special person for him. Right, Jung Soo-ya?”

I shyly chuckled, sensing the redness and hotness on my cheeks. I glanced at ______, she was blushing too. Adorable!

“Come on in, you two,” ahjumma told us, then she proceeded to the inner side of the apartment while ______ and I took off our shoes.

“This is for real. Ready?”

She gulped down her saliva. “Oppa, if they don’t like me being with you, you will not leave me, right?”

“You silly, they’ll like you!”

When we walked through the hallway and towards the dining room where the rest was in, I could feel her cold hand in my grip slightly shaking. She was getting nervous.

[A/N: I drew the layout of Suju's dorm for ya ^^ it's a huge apartment anyway >.<]

“Hyung, ahjumma said you brought a girl home...” Sungmin suddenly appeared before us. My baby girl jumped out of shock and hid herself behind my body again. Yah Sungmin, don’t scare her!

“Hyung, WGM filming did not start today, right?!” Another voice and another face popped out of nowhere. Ryeowook.

Donghae, Henry and Hyukjae soon appeared too.

Oh. My. God.

“Oh hi guys.” I slowly pulled _______’s hand. “It’s not WGM, it’s just me and ______-ah.”

There went a long, long silent until I heard Ryeowook’s high-pitched voice scream, “YOU’RE HOLDING HER HAND, HYUNG!”

Oh noes.


"AUTHOR IS A BISH, WHY CLIFFHANGER WHY?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!!!"

K. Hi. Sorry ^^ I cut it here because I wanted you guys to let me know... which P.O.V do you want me to use for the next chapter? Normal one or Jung Soo's? :3

Oh, I did not re-read the chapter because it's so late here and I'm sleepy T_T

Might do it in the morning ^^

Thank you everyone!

xoxo