Chapter 49

Two Different Worlds

 

After buying two large pans of pizza in Domino’s, I drove my car happily to Sharp Star City Apartment in Gwangjin-gu.

Just a few hours ago, when I was still far in the land of dreams, my phone rang annoyingly.

“Hello,” I answered sleepily.

“Hello baby!” the voice on the other lie seemed so cheerful, so different from mine. As I was about to hate that joyful spirit, my senses slowly began to work normally. I chuckled, realizing that it was Jung Soo, my beautiful Jung Soo. Upon hearing my chortle, he continued in excitement, “You’re seeing me today, right?!”

Some teasing would surely be fun but I just wanted to make him happy, rather than hearing him grumble. “Yeah, oppa. Should we meet this evening?”

“Um babe...,” Jung Soo paused for long two seconds. “How about coming over my apartment? The boys just left to celebrate Chuseok with their parents. We can have lunch here and watch some movies. Yesung has so many collections. Then maybe after that we can decide where to go. How does that sound?” He carefully asked.

Is he for real? Everything would be amazing if he was around! Idly lurking in his dorm... “That sounds great! I’m gonna stop by a restaurant and order something for our lunch then I will go straight there, okay oppa?” Wow, wow, wow. Look! Where did all this spirit come from? Oh jeez, Jung Soo and the goodness he brings to my life...

“Can’t wait to see you babe,” was the last thing I heard from him before disconnecting the phone call.

--

I pressed the door bell in front of Room 1201 impatiently. Who can still have some patience when the boyfriend you have not seen for more than two weeks is inside and this freaking locked door is ing the two of you like a boss?!

I waited forever until the door suddenly opened, and someone grabbed my hand, dragging me in. Next thing I knew, I was being back-hugged by Jung Soo. His right arm around my shoulder and neck, his left one around my waist. He walked me slowly towards the living room and affectionately whispered in my ear, “Oh I miss you so much...”

We stood in the middle of the quiet living room, still hugging.

“This is not right. I want to see your face,” I said.

I head his crisp giggle, and then he released me from his back hug. I quickly turned around.

With no heels on, Jung Soo was taller than me. In a normal position, my height only let me to see his chin. I raised my hand and placed it on his right cheek. I looked up to meet his eyes. Oh those stunning, sparkling eyes. I ignored the dark circles under them and focused on his overall mesmerizing figure. A smile plastered on his face, thus making the dimple of his appear. I felt his soft skin on my palm, slowly caressing it as I was afraid I might damage this pretty man with my touch. “To say that you are beautiful is an understatement.”

His smile grew even wider than before. His cheeks reddened, clearly showing me that he was getting embarrassed. “Who’s the cheesy one now?” Jung Soo giggled again before pulling me into his warm cuddle.

I wanted to stay like this forever. I wanted his arms to hold me forever. I want him to protect me, shielding me from the harshness of the outside world. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. “Oppa, do not leave me, you got it? You have to always believe in me. I will probably make mistakes in the future, but please stay by my side. Don’t get angry too easily.” There was slight bitterness in my voice and I hoped he did not notice it.

I felt him nodding his head. “How can I possibly leave you when your existence is what I need?”

“If you dare to leave me, I will run after you. Your life will be utterly, I repeat utterly, miserable the moment you choose to betray me,” I stated in a threatening way, giving him more emphasis.

“You are so scary!” he pretended to be afraid.

Then the both of us resumed hugging each other in silence. The moment was so serene, cordial and meaningful in a way. Life felt right, everything fitted together and it seemed like the weight on my shoulder had been lifted. He made breathing so easy.

“YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME SO JELLY!!!” A shout, too cheerful for a normal male’s voice, suddenly filled the living room we were in, interrupting the tranquility with all its might. Jung Soo and I broke our hug due to the massive tremor it brought.

We turned our bodies to find Donghae standing ten meters away from us. Cute, innocent smile spread widely across his handsome face. “Oppa, I thought it was only the two of us here!” I nagged like a baby, disliking the idea of a er.

Donghae heard me and the childlike smile he had turned into a smug one. Ugh.

Jung Soo scratched his hair clumsily. “Donghae’s hometown is Mokpo... Too far of a destination for a barely two-day holiday.” He led me to sit on one of the sofas there, and then sat beside me. Unsurprisingly, Donghae did, too.

I seriously loved Donghae. He was truly nice to me when Jung Soo was being a bish and what he had done for my relationship with Jung Soo was beyond worthy. But still... I needed no interrupters at times like this.

“Nice to see you both getting along so well. Unlike that particular day...,” Donghae joked, referring to that PARTICULAR day when Jung Soo despised me inside KBS male’s toilet with Donghae around.

Jung Soo seemed uncomfortable because of that and he remained silent, only staring at the carpeted floor impassively. I glanced at the younger male. He was looking at me too and his facial expression screamed “OH MY GOD, I SAID THE WRONG THING!”

I knew that I had to save the situation, so I decided to loudly clap my hand and announce, “I’m hungry! Let’s eat the pizza I brought!”

Jung Soo was quickly snapped back into reality and moved his gaze to me. He gave his decent smile and warmly said, “I’m hungry too, baby.”

The three of us ate in the living room while watching random shows on television. Donghae talked a lot during the lunch. He had the urge to remark every little thing. “Been so long since the last time I had Domino’s!”, “Donghae loves pizza!”, “Hyung, we should visit Italy again and eat traditional pizza there!”, “This guy on TV is much slimmer in real life”, “You look so pretty today, ______-ah!” (and this comment successfully made him gain a deadly stare from Jung Soo), “I should have gone home I miss Mom and Donghwa hyung” (him suddenly being emo made Jung Soo and me worriedly glance at each other).

After eating and putting all the eating utensils into the dishwasher, Donghae said, “I will stop bugging you two. Have a good time . If you need me I’ll be in my room.”

I kind of pitied Donghae right now. From Jung Soo I knew that Donghae’s father had passed away few years ago. His mother and older brother still lived in Mokpo and he did not have the time to visit them. Making phone calls was done regularly but still it was not enough. Later when Jung Soo and I went out, I would make sure to bring him along too...

“What do you want to do now?” Jung Soo asked after Donghae disappeared to one of the doors in this apartment. “Should we go to my room and look for something we can do there?”

I nodded. So Jung Soo took my hand and showed me the way to his room.

There, he made me sit on his bed. I took a time to properly appreciate the look of his bedroom―my boyfriend’s bedroom!!! The wall was painted soft brown. But white was the most dominant color in this room. The sheet, the table, his Macbook, the drawer, the keyboard, the lamp... All was white. I the soft blanket I was sitting on. There were some photos on the table. His childhood photos, photos of his complete Super Junior family... Books and music sheets were everywhere. “Oppa, I thought you said you shared the room with Donghae,” I said, still scanning his bedroom. The only gadgets here were his laptop and a flat screen TV, which I believed he did not use much. The room was relatively neat for a man. Compared to my guy friends’, this one was probably the neatest I ever saw.

“He moved to another room recently,” Jung Soo murmured.

I stood up and approached his keyboard, the object that stole my attention the most. “I want to listen to you sing again!” I exclaimed, turning my body around to see him. Click! “Ay oppa, what are you doing?!” Jung Soo was taking a photo of me with an Instax camera.

The man giggled. “I’ve been taking your photos, you just didn’t realize it! Haha, you are too cute, ______-ah.” He placed some Polaroid films on the desk. Aw, it was all me on the photos! And I did not look so good on some of it!

“I look ugly here!” I pointed one exact film, pouting.

Jung Soo poked my nose. “No, you don’t! My girl is beautiful~” He raised the camera. “Now, you and me.” He lingered his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. We both smiled and he pressed the shutter.

“We are the cutest couple on earth,” I proudly declared.

My Jung Soo smiled ear to ear, loving what he heard. “Indeed we are. The cheesiest one also.”

“No, that only applies to youuuuuu!” I stuck my tongue out. “Hey oppa, sing me a song again, please...” I was addicted to it. When Jung Soo sang, my world stopped revolving and I experienced the best feeling ever―the kind of feeling you got when you knew that the person you loved, loved you too.

Jung Soo grabbed two chairs from the corner and placed it in front of the keyboard. We both sat and he asked, “What song this time?”

I did not know much of Super Junior’s songs and it sort of annoyed me. “Anything. Can be Super Junior’s. How about It’s You? My favorite track of your group.”

Jung Soo smiled softly. “I think I know what to sing.”

He closed both of his eyes. His fingers started to exquisitely dance on the keyboard. Soft, beautiful melody began to play, no mistakes occurred. And when it was time, he opened his mouth, letting his graceful voice out.

(Please listen to this or this. Lyrics and English translation are here.)

Baby 不要再哭泣 這一幕多麼熟悉
緊握著妳的手彼此都捨不得分離
每一次想開 但不如保持安靜
給我一分鐘專心好好欣賞妳的美

幸福搭配悲傷 同時在我心交叉
挫折的眼淚不能測試愛的重量
付出的愛收不回 還欠妳的我不能給
別把我心也帶走去跟隨

每一次和妳分開 深深地被妳打敗
每一次放棄妳的溫柔 痛苦難以釋懷
每一次和妳分開 每一次 kiss you goodbye
愛情的滋味此刻我終於最明白

“愛情的滋味此刻我終於最明白 (ai qing de zi wei ci ke wo zhong yu zui ming bai)... The taste of love, I finally fully understand at this moment...,” Jung Soo softly whispered. He leaned closer and pecked my lips sweetly.

With my man still sitting, I stood up and hugged him. Tears started to form but I held it back for the sake of not ruining the moment. “Oppa, you do know that I love you, right?” He nodded, so I continued, “I don’t how to say it without sounding super cheesy. But I really wish we can stay like this forever. You and I, only the two of us.”

Jung Soo did not reply me orally but instead, he played another song. “I see the crystal raindrops fall, and the beauty of it all is when the sun comes shining through...” (Now listen to this. Ignore the talking and his unnecessary moves. Kkk~ uri Jung Soo is cute!)

Whooa, Bill Withers’ Just the Two of Us! Classic!

I started singing along with him.

To make those rainbows in my mindwhen I think of you sometime
And I want to spend some time with you

Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us
Just the two of us 
Building castles in the sky
Just the two of us
You and I

“We can make it if we try! Jung Soo oppa, we can make it if we try, can’t we?” I smiled, excited.

Jung Soo ruffled my hair lovingly. “Yes. Yes, my smart baby girl.”


 

GUYS, YOU MUST OPEN EVERY LINK I GAVE! IT WILL PUT MORE EMPHASIS ON THE STORY~~~ AND LEETEUK SINGING AND PLAYING PIANO LIVE IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL ;_;

And no, the day out is NOT over yet! Look forward to second part okay?! :)

@Sujushineebang: aaaw thank you so much ;A; I'm sorry I could update it now ;A; Too late /sobs/

@YourOmoGirl: I'm sorry I updated it so late T_T

@peacelovehugs: do you hold any grudge against Taeyeon? /suspicious/ lmaooooo!

@superhyukkie: /sobs with you/ I am used to watching Bora with EunTeuk... MinWook is super cute b-b-b-bbbut... /stutters /cries again

@sugenluv: aaaaw ;A; here's an update!!! :)

@LilacFairy-Chu: as for right now, she doesn't ;_; dskfdalksjf you don;t get my clue? kkk~ then you needa wait ;P /being slapped