Chapter 56

Two Different Worlds

 

[Current timeline: 110929 - Heechul got out of the training camp]

[still Jung Soo's P.O.V] ^^

______ lifted her free hand and shyly waved it at the boys. “Annyeonghaseyo, how are you?” This baby girl of mine. What was the difference between ‘annyeong’ and ‘how are you’...? I wanted to laugh, but four confused faces in front of me hindered me from doing so. Only Donghae seemed to notice that too, he smiled a bit.

“Yah, why are you blocking the path? I want to see Heechul, where is that kid?” I casually said as I walked past them, still holding ______’s hand.

The moment I saw Heechul eating kimchi fried rice, I immediately let her hand go and approached the man. Wait baby, just a second. “Yah, imma! Heechul-ah, how are you?!”

We hugged each other and he broke the embrace first, saying, “Okay, enough for the skinship. Jung Soo-ya, you survived without me? Still alive?! Good, good~” This rascal would never change. “Yah, you brought ______-ah along with you! Donghae did not lie to me!” He walked towards my baby and casually hugged her. “______-ah, how are you? Did Teuki hurt you when I was gone? I can smack him for you!”

HEECHUL. YOU.

I lightly pushed Heechul’s shoulder and got his hands off of ______. I did not like him touching her. Tsk.

“Should not it be me who asks how you are, Heechul oppa? How was life in the training camp? You look thinner than the last time I saw you...” She said with care. So thoughtful. So kind of her. So making me jealous. Okay chill Jung Soo, she’s just asking Heechul’s condition >.<

Heechul innocently smirked. “But manlier, right? See, I have toned arms right now.” He proudly showed her his arms. Still skinny. I laughed inside.

“Oppa, you’re so skinny! Not muscular!” My ______ is smart. “By the way, I like your hair! It’s grown back a bit.” Even though I did not like her praising Heechul in any kind of form―yes, Heechul’s hair included―I still got to thank Heechul for making her relaxed now. She did not look so tense like before, and that was because of Space Big Star’s sparkly aura. Wow, did I just mention ‘Space Big Star’ and ‘sparkly’ in one sentence?

Donghae loudly cleared his throat all of a sudden, making sure that ______, Heechul and I heard him. I glanced at the guy, putting a so-what’s-wrong-Hae look on my face. The younger male signaled me to look around.

I did glance around and saw everyone’s jaws hanging. By everyone, who I meant were Hyukjae, Henry, Ryeowook, Sungmin, Siwon―WAIT, HOW COULD HE BE HERE RIGHT NOW? I thought he was supposed to be on the set, Shindong, Jongwoon, Kyuhyun and our managers―Daebin hyung, Yeonwoo hyung, Takasama, Seunghwan hyung and Junghoon hyung. They all looked shocked. Oups. OUPS. OUPS!

“Jung Soo, you have a lot to explain to them, huh? Hahaha,” Heechul laughed evilly at me and the situation I was facing.

First thing first; I grabbed ______’s hand and held it again. Better make it simple and quick. “I’m sorry for not telling you guys earlier; I am in a serious relationship with _______. And I don’t care if you agree or disagree, we’re still gonna be together.” I just had to say it that loudly, that clearly and that boldly. I did not give them one single chance to think that I was joking.

However, that straightforward confession did not make it easier for these people to absorb what I really meant to convey. Let alone react to it.

The time seemed to pass very slowly, as they tried to take in and process the information. The shocking information. Finally at last, Takasama, as the most mature person amongst everyone else present here, gave the first distinctive response.

I was afraid that he might be totally against us―me and ______. He was very faithful to the company. Even though Takasama had been with Super Junior since the very beginning and the relationship between us was really good―Donghae had even thought of him as his father―truth be told, I did not know which side he would choose to be on; the contract and company’s rules, or my happiness. His own dongsaeng’s happiness. We never faced such condition before.

Takasama calmly said, “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Tak Yeongjoon. I am Super Junior’s manager. Do you by any chance speak Korean, Miss...?”

“It’s ______. Just call me ______, Yeongjoon-ssi. And yes, I do speak Korean,” my baby replied quickly. Her voice wavered a bit. But just a bit, really. I was proud of her. She tended not to show her nervousness in front of people. Then a reality hit me... She was just a lot like me. Awkward, but able to hide it perfectly. Hurt, but able to pretend as if nothing happened. Fragile, but able to appear strong. This led me to a big mystery; had she done this often in front of me? I tightened my grip on her hand for the 783494th time today.

Turning my stare to Takasama, I said, “Oh I’m sorry. Yeongjoon hyung and Yeonwoo hyung had probably not met ______ earlier. The others have. ______-ah, this is Yeongjoon hyung, also known as Takasama, and this is Yeonwoo hyung. As you already heard just now, they’re Super Junior’s managers. Takasama, Yeonwoo hyung, ______ is our friend. And as you already heard just now, she is also my girlfriend.” The three bowed awkwardly to each other. Especially Yeonwoo hyung who did not expect that I would talk to him in this situation right now, PLUS, introduce him to my girlfriend. The rest of the people still had their jaws hanging open.

Takasama spoke up again, “Nice to meet you, ______-ssi. Donghae told me once about you, I remember. Finally we can meet now.” Hyung was being polite that I started to believe that he would support me and ______. He then looked at me in the eyes. “Jung Soo-ya, please elaborate what you stated just now.”

As if they could read each other’s minds, Takasama, Yeonwoo hyung, Junghoon hyung, Seunghwan hyung and Daebin hyung left the dining room and proceeded to the living room, letting me to explain everything over again.

Everyone followed them in silence, including me.

--

“...So we’ve been together for more than a month. The reason why I am telling this to you all right now and not earlier is because we wanted to wait until the right timing came, and it sort of  did. I am sorry if anyone feels offended, I never mean it that way.” I finished the explanation, glancing at ______ who sat between Heechul and Donghae on the sofa facing me. She looked rather calm. Rather.

“Wow.” A short, simple interjection that came from across the room indicated obvious admiration. I looked up to see Sungmin staring at me approvingly. “Wow, hyung...” What did he mean by that, though?

“It’s not a joke, is it?” Ryeowook asked in disbelief. Yah, this kid is thinking that I am lying?! “______-ah,” Ryeowook called my baby. She was surprised to know that somebody finally spoke up and said something to her. “Jung Soo hyung did not force you to do it, right?”

Before I could snap at the young male, ______ answered him faster, “No, Wookie oppa. Jung Soo oppa is not joking.” She gave a shy smile. The difference between me and her; she was much calmer than me when it came to dealing with stuff.

“Yah Wookie-ya, how could you say that Jung Soo is forcing her. I knew their relationship, okay? Donghae and I have known it, since long time ago. I can guarantee you that every word Jung Soo has said is the truth,” Heechul said. He looked kind of bored. “Besides, is there anything to be confused about? Jung Soo loves _______. _______-ah loves your Jung Soo hyung. Thus, they commit to stay in a relationship and go out together. Are you guys not okay about it?”

“Well, Heechul,” Seunghwan hyung said. “It is not as simple as you said, okay? Your Jung Soo hyung signed a contract with certain terms and conditions with SM Entertainment, I think you’re smart enough to know what’s inside. You signed the same one, anyway.”

Heechul’s jaw hardened. The atmosphere was getting tense. I waited for what he would say. “Well, Seunghwan hyung, I thought we were brothers. What happened between us remained only between us.”

“Heechul-ah, so you basically said that we could violate the rules just like that?” Daebin hyung questioned Heechul’s statement.

Aargh, I hated when it came to the rules and contract and such bull.

“Yes,” Heechul answered, defending me. “Yes. Why not? Are you not happy that Jung Soo has found himself a girlfriend? Someone to take care of him, someone to talk to, someone to love. I never wanted to infringe any kind of violation of rules. I also believed that Jung Soo did not. But if anyone here has the guts to break them apart, I will be the first one to protect them.”

I was touched by what he said. Heechul was always the outspoken one, he got a lot of people misunderstanding him. His mind was too quirky, his way of thinking was unpredictable. But nobody could question his faithfulness, his feelings towards his brothers. “Heechul-ah...,” I murmured.

______ held Heechul’s hand, and I was not mad at the view. I knew that she just tried to thank Heechul for supporting us. I should to as well, later.

“I will, too,” Junghoon hyung surprisingly uttered. Wow. Really? Junghoon hyung? “Brothers before any other parties. I had never seen Jung Soo so relaxed like he has been these days. Now I knew the reason why he could keep up with all these crazy schedules. To think about it, Jung Soo has been less cold and less...hard since ______ came. I am surprised though, I thought you two disliked each other in the beginning, but if it is meant to be, they have my support.”

I smiled. ______ did so too. She looked so eye-blindingly beautiful while sincerely smiling like that. I was happy because more people came to encourage us.

“Haha, good choice, hyung,” Heechul chuckled.

Donghae added, “Junghoon hyung, we’re on the same boat!”

“So anyone else, just like what Donghae said, on the same boat with us?” Heechul subtly asked. “Shindong-ah, Sungminnie-ya...?”

I turned my head to see Shindong. He sat next to Sungmin, and Sungmin next to Ryeowook. Shindong smiled and with that he said, “Hyung was not mad at me when I recklessly told the whole nation that I had a girlfriend. Because of that I am still thankful to you. I’m supporting you, hyung. Do what makes you happy.” Ah jinjja, I can cry if this continues.

Sungmin eagerly nodded his head. “Moreover, ______-ah is a very nice girl. I’d rather have her dating Jung Soo hyung than other girls.”

“I agree,” Ryeowook said. “Even though... Really, I thought they were sworn enemies at first. Hyung, you should be truly good to her to settle up your disturbing act in the past!”

“Haha, I know right, Wookie-ya?!” Donghae continued, “Jung Soo hyung, treat her good! Don’t make her cry!”

“You made her cry before, Jung Soo?!” Heechul asked, shocked. “Aissh, you... Don’t be so cold and harsh towards your girlfriend! You are lucky that she wants to go out with you!”

“YAH HEE...!” I snapped angrily, but ______ signaled me to stop. So I did. No, I was still pissed with Heechul. But ______’s presence here somehow made me reluctant to show the anger. I was afraid that if I did it, she would run away from me.

Heechul smirked conceitedly. “So Donghae, Sungmin, Shindong, Ryeowook, Junghoon hyung and I have declared the side we are on. How about you, Siwon-ah? Yesung-ah? Henry?”

Siwon got up from his seat and he did facepalm. Pay attention to his gestures. He rested his hands on his waist and furrowed his infamous Shibrows. “I feel like being lied to... Tsk.”

“Siwon-ah, I did not mean it that way,” I said, not wanting him to get a wrong idea. “I’m sorry if you feel that way.”

The younger male facepalmed once again and then a creepy smile slowly plastered on his handsome face until we all could see his dimples. Joker Smile. “It’s okay, hyung. I was shocked. ______-ah, I thought you were going out with my dongsaeng Minho. Turned out that I was wrong... But really, if you two are happy, I am happy as well.”

“That’s just naïve,” Seunghwan hyung said. “Happiness? Happiness is surely important, but there are also other things that we should consider!”

“Seunghwan-ah,” Takasama cut him off. Oh thank God, I cannot let ______ hear all the crap. “Seunghwan-ah, you’re in charge of making sure that these boys are ready for their every schedule. Stop uttering unnecessary things that have no correlation to your job description.”

Seunghwan hyung sulked. But I was unsurprisingly not angry that he did not support me or what. I knew that some people would disagree. We could not please everyone, could we?

“I sort of disagree...,” Yesung let out a soft murmur. Oh really? Let’s see why. “The way I see it, ______-ah is too good for Jung Soo hyung. She deserves someone better.”

Ah well Yesung, no need to point out the obvious fact -__-

Heechul and Junghoon hyung laughed out loud while the younger ones like Donghae, Sungmin, Siwon and Ryeowook chuckled a bit, still scared of me. Takasama, Yeonwoo hyung and Daebin hyung smiled.

“That’s just so true. Actually, letting them to date each other is cruel in a way... Jung Soo got a top prize but for ______-ah... isn’t it a lot like nightmare?!” Heechul roared, so happy that he could talk bad about me in some way.

______ smiled at Heechul’s remark, and then she lightly slapped his arm. “It’s not like that, Heechul oppa. Jung Soo oppa is a good person.”

Whistles came from the whole room, teasing the two of us. “She defended him!”, “Aw hyung, I am jealous!”, “She rebelled Heenim’s words!” HAHA, THAT’S MY GIRL.

“Hyukjae-ya, you haven’t said a thing!” Donghae exclaimed. I quickly turned to the guy. Myeolchi put on his poker face. He did not look happy, but not look angry as well. Just plain.

He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know what to say, Hae. I mean like, you indirectly lied to me. So did Heechul hyung and Jung Soo hyung. Jung Soo hyung, I spend more time with you than I do with other members combined. Was it so hard to just tell me that you had a crush on ______? Tell me a tiny bit of your private life? I once thought that Donghae liked ______-ah because he kept defending her and was close to her. Can you imagine? I got wrong impression of my best friend―the one I was always closest to―because you all insisted to hide it from us until the so-called right timing came?”

“Hyukjae-ya!” I shouted at him. “Don’t involve Donghae and Heechul. You knew that they would have told it to you if I did not force them not to.” Why did this have something to do with Hae and Hee now? -_-

“I’ll be in my room,” Hyukjae coldly stated as he stood up and left to his bedroom.

Donghae wanted to go and follow him. “Hyukkie!” But Heechul quickly held the younger male’s arm.

“He was a bit pissed. Let him alone for a while, he’ll understand the condition soon.”

“Hyukjae hyung will eventually understand because he’s a good guy. But it won’t change the fact that you, four of you, had hidden the reality from us.” This time, it was our maknae Henry. He had become more and more like Kyuhyun it somehow scared me.

I sighed. “I told it once and I will repeat it once more: do not involve Donghae and Heechul in this issue. And my baby as well. They were not at fault. I am the one to blame. But I have said sorry, so please don’t be so difficult.”

“And you really think that we will forgive you? That we will actually approve this relationship?” Kyuhyun mockingly asked. AISSH THIS LITTLE BRAT. Verbally bullying his hyung like that... Kyuhyun, just no.

“Let me get it straight for you, Kyuhyun. I am sorry for telling it right now, not for dating ______. Who said that I was asking for your support?” I harshly said to my dongsaeng. Oh God, I regretted saying it right away. I needed everyone’s support. But this brat is just way too much...

Why was he so sensitive when it came to my baby, anyway?

“Oh fine, Leeteuk. No bros before hoes? You got me really curious right now. If you were to choose one only; it’s me or her?”

“KYUHYUN!” Five different people snapped at him irritably at the same time. Siwon, Sungmin, Takasama, Heechul and Junghoon hyung. Takasama continued, “Kyuhyun, you. Stop being so childish and annoying. No one likes your current attitude.”

I skeptically stared at the Evil Maknae. He looked kinda regretful, kinda angry. “What is your problem? You hate me now, Cho Kyuhyun? Because I date and love a very nice girl?”

“NO, I DON’T HATE YOU!” Kyuhyun shouted in frustration. “You hate her, hyung! Remember? Or do I have to remind you how annoying she really is? She is a total pain in the . You don’t date that kind of girl like her.”

Kyuhyun was ridiculous... Looking back, I did remember that I used to hate her, and I could tell that she loathed me too. Funny thing was, I did not remember what she exactly had done that made me hate her. “I don’t hate her anymore. You don’t have any idea, Kyuhyun. ______ has done so much for me. She always makes me happy and she asks for nothing in return. Besides, why does her being annoying make you hate her so much? She did nothing towards you.”

“You don’t know, hyung? Beside Sungmin hyung and Siwon hyung, your existence in my life is the most important for me. I just do not want anyone to hurt you!”

“Tsk. Delusional brat,” Heechul mumbled. “Kyuhyun-ah, grow up and stop judging.”

Siwon got up and dragged Kyuhyun out of the room after I signaled him to do so. Ha, Siwon’s preach might knock some sense into the younger male’s brain. It was not that I was not thankful to have such caring dongsaeng, but Kyuhyun sometimes could get pretty protective over me. As we spent years together, every and each one of us got closer and it was normal for us to care about each other. After all, Super Junior was more like a family than band mates. I knew Kyuhyun cared for me. I cared for him too. Especially after a certain accident that almost took his life, he became one all of us took care the most. But there were particular things he had no control over. I would talk to him after this. He should know that what he said just now was kinda sweet, but it hurt some people in a way.

“Did we spoil him too often? That once something did not go as he planned it to be, he could fly into a rage just like that?” Ryeowook vocally pondered.

“Probably,” Daebin hyung spoke up. “Most of people here are mentally children, remember? I am not really surprised.”

“So, who are on my side, anyway?” I asked.

“Me,” Sungmin quickly answered, followed by Donghae, Junghoon hyung, Shindong and Ryeowook.

“Me, and Siwon also,” Heechul said. “Yesung-ah, Henry? Takasama?”

Takasama glanced at Yeonwoo hyung and Daebin hyung before he answered, “I am not on your side, Teukie-ya. But I am not against you either. I won’t tell anything to the company, but I won’t make it easier for you. You are breaking a rule. It might take a while for me... Honestly.”

“I am with you, Jung Soo-ya.” Daebin hyung continued with a smile, “Just be very careful about it, okay?”

“I support you as long as you don’t hurt the girl,” Yeonwoo hyung said. Um, fair enough.

 “Who am I to be the obstacle in your relationship? ______ is very kind and understanding. Just don’t do anything stupid, hyung.” Henry smiled. “______, just tell me if Jung Soo hyung hurts you in any way, okay?! We’re foreign friends!” Haha, kids...

“Just like Yeongjoon hyung, I still need some time to take in the fact that you’re violating the contract and are dating someone who is ten years younger than you, hyung. Bear it for the mean time, okay?” Yesung apologetically said.

“WAIT, JUNG SOO. SHE IS TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU?!” Takasama loudly shouted. “WHAT ARE YOU? E?!”

I could only giggle stupidly.

______ glanced at me. See baby, you are too good for me. Not everyone can accept us right now, but we’ll show them that it won’t break us apart, okay? I love you. I really do. This useless old man loves you with all his heart.


Everyone, thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing, I LOVE YOU!!!

Anyway... SHINDONG HAS FACEBOOK O_O

@Sujushineebang: I wrote this in his P.O.V again XD Hoped you'd like it!

@odetoblue: it's Jung Soo's P.O.V again XD

@Y-chan90: thank you, thank you so much :D

@superhyukkie: I updated! XD I will soon be back to write in normal P.O.V again ^^

@peacelovehugs: because he really is!

@soulsistah: do you like their reaction? ;)

@sugenluv: you're welcome ^^ I'm sorry that I can't update as often as I thought I could ;(