Awkward Situation is Plainly Awkward

Two Different Worlds

Minho realized that I was completely zoned out. He followed my stare and I could hear him gasping. Jung Soo entered the room alone. He wore sportswear and he now walked towards one of the gym equipments. He didn’t notice us here.

“I don’t know that he’s here. What is he doing here?” he asked himself confusedly. I questioningly looked him in the eyes.

“Yeah, right…,” I murmured sarcastically. “Maybe he likes me and he has this urge to always, always be around me.”

Minho suddenly held my hand and he whispered, “His dorm is quite far from here and I am completely oblivious to this. I don’t know anything.” He pulled out his phone and started typing something. I glanced at Ye Eun and she was still busy with the exercise.

Minho looked very confused. “I think we gotta leave now.” He was still whispering, afraid that Jung Soo might hear us. “My manager said the rest are coming over here. I don’t know what’s going on.”

He stood up. He approached Ye Eun and grabbed her by the hands. Ye Eun looked surprised and was about to speak up but Minho made a sign with his point finger, telling her to hold anything she wanted to say. He came back towards me and grabbed me as well. “Keep it low.”

We quietly went out the gym but before we made it to the door, someone called Minho. “Minho-ya!”

Minho’s apologetic eyes quickly glanced at me, then he turned around. “Ah hyung!”

“How could you just walk away like that without saying hi to me. I feel very offended,” that guy started talking. I could at least understand what he was saying. Ye Eun walked towards the guy and tried to save the situation.

“Hey oppa! We didn’t see you! What are you doing here?” Ye Eun could quickly adapt to any kind of situation, really. Minho joined them and apologized to Jung Soo, saying he really didn’t see him inside. I didn’t move an inch. Awkwardness and pride took control of me now. There was no way I would approach him and talk to him.

“I’m waiting for the rest to come. We’re preparing for our 5jib, so we have to start working out again. Our trainer said they'd meet us here. Aissh, where are they? Always late, ugh.”

“Ah, so that means I’ll see your well built abs in the 5jib, oppa?” Ye Eun joked in a too cute way. I looked at Jung Soo and turned out that he was staring at me too. He quickly looked away from me as if I was too disgusting to be seen. Funny. He could be so friendly and nice to everyone but me. Was the thing I did to him really that bad?

“Ye Eun-a, you don’t have to wait till our 5jib comes out, I have abs now.” Ew, ew, ew. I almost puked. How could he say that to my friend. He’s like twenty eight years old! He’s acting like a pedo bear!

“Ah, me too hyung!” Minho informed them proudly. Then he looked kind of confused, before he finally turned his head to me and said, “______, come here!”

What did he expect me to do. He didn’t really think that I would want to come near that guy, did he? But what could I do, seriously… Minho wouldn’t do anything to make me upset, right? He must be fully aware that they guy in front of him was completely harmless, right? Right?

I started moving towards them. I walked very slowly, enjoying every last peaceful second.

“Aissh, Minho-ya, why did you tell her to come here?” Jung Soo spoke up. He looked irritated. Was he out of his mind and decided to just spill out his thoughts of me, in front of me? Or was he oblivious to the fact that I now understood simple Korean like that?

Ye Eun looked at me. She played with her fingers, clearly not comfortable being there. I gave her sign to just calm down.

Minho seemed to feel very sorry and he talked to Jung Soo in a low tone yet my ears could still catch what he said, “Hyung, she understands what you just said.”

Jung Soo looked surprised. I couldn’t hold back my feelings anymore. “You really don’t like me, do you? What did I do to you that made you act like this towards me? You and your weird behavior back then were the reasons why I mistook you as a stealer. But why are you still doing this to me. To say that it was all pure my mistake is not the truth. You and I both know that very clearly. I thought you were supposed to be wise and all, since you’re older than me. But why are you doing this to me?"

I could still manage to not sob. Ye Eun held my hand and put one hand on my shoulder. Minho looked at me sympathetically.

I stared at Jung Soo, he seemed surprise by all that I just said. He was about to open his mouth, but he gulped his words down.

Suddenly there was loud noise coming from the front door. Other members were already here. I saw Siwon and he waved his hand at me.

GDI, they all looked so tempting with their sportswear on. Ye Eun and I decided to leave and we said bye to them and went out with Minho.

But suddenly I heard someone calling out my name, "______!" That cold voice continued, "Wait a minute. Just a minute. We need to talk."