Chapter 30

Two Different Worlds

 

‘Is Leeteuk-ssi busy today?’ I texted Jung Soo. Screw Gaby. Who cared if it eventually hurt, all I wanted now was Jung Soo, and Jung Soo only.

I played with my phone as I waited for Jung Soo’s reply. One minute... Five minutes... Ten minutes... Ugh, where is he? I pouted.

Gaby went inside my room. “Evan asked whether you’re still going or not.”

“I’m not feeling so well.” I sighed.

“Yeah, you better stay at home and rethink about your relationship with Leeteuk...,” Gaby said.

I glared. “You know, Gab. I don’t need to. I am sure that I’m doing the right thing now.”

Gaby put both hands on her hips. “I should’ve known that you would say that. Well, I didn’t mean that you had to literally stop contacting him. But at least, think twice, okay? I’m your cousin I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

I gulped down my saliva. “I know. But I’m a big girl. I have been in several relationships before, okay? You don’t have to worry so much,” I said. “No one except Jung Soo and I knows it, anyway. Except you too now. Everything is going to be fine.”

My phone vibrated. ‘Teuki oppa has to record Mnet Countdown, Mnet Open Studio and Star King today LTeuki oppa also hosts Sukira tonight,’ the message read. Teuki oppa. I liked it when he used third person point of view. Phew, compared to the first message he ever sent to me... Haha, things had changed so drastically.

“Is that him?” Gaby asked out of the blue.

I shyly smiled. “Yeah.”

“I can’t believe you’re texting with him.”

“Um, me neither,” I unknowingly said. Jung Soo had so many schedules to do now. I barely knew the things he mentioned. Mnet? Star King? He had Sukira tonight though. I turned to Gaby. “Is there anything you want to say to them? I probably can help. Even though not much.”

Gaby said, “What? You think I will use you?” She chuckled. “I feel offended now.”

Ouch. “No, don’t. It’s the only thing I can do for you.”

“I will think about your offer later. Haha. I’m going now, girl.” Gaby took her bag and left the room.

Back to Jung Soo, he would be super busy today. Better not distract him. ‘Stay healthy and don’t force yourself, okay?’

He didn’t text back. Must be really busy...

--

My phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing. Ugh, who’s calling when I’m sleeping?! Who?! But then a certain face automatically popped in my mind and I quickly got up, as I thought that probably it might be him.

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It was only 5 p.m. Did I fall asleep on the chair?! Aissh, I thought it was night time already.

I reached for my phone and answered it. “Hallo.”

“Hallo.” Male’s voice. But it didn’t belong to Jung Soo.

“Minho!” I squealed in happiness. “Where are you? OMG I miss you so much!” I could never be able to keep my cool in front of my besties, including Minho. This was how I rolled when I felt too comfortable with a person.

Minho giggled on the other line. “Then why don’t you come out and see me?”

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT. “You’re here? Are you here for real?” I jumped in excitement. “I’m going downstairs now!”

I quickly ran down the stairs and out of the house. It had been around forever since the last time I saw him. Couldn’t wait any more minutes to see his handsome face.

I spotted his car parked right in front of my house.

Minho got out of his car and hugged me. “I miss you!” he cried, while messing up my hair.

I tried to reach his hair and mess it, but he was too tall for me. “Minho, do not mess my hair!”

Minho freely laughed. “I seem to grow taller, or you grow shorter?” He continued, “Won’t you let me in?”

I shook my head. “Nope.”

“Okay.” Minho suddenly pulled back his arms that were embracing me, and ran towards my house. “I myself am letting myself in!” Ah this guy.

I slowly followed him. When I entered the house, I saw Minho sitting on one of the sofas in the living room. “No one’s here?” he asked. And I suddenly remembered Gaby. If she came home and saw Minho of SHINee chilling on my sofa, I really didn’t have the guts to imagine her reaction.

“Ya Minho, let’s go out and see Ye Eun and Krystal. It’s no fun here!”

Minho laughed. “What? It’s awkward with just the two of us?”

I groaned. “Noooo. It’s just more fun outside. Come on, call Ye Eun and Krystal,” I nagged.

“I talked to them before, they’re not free right now. That’s why I now end up with just you~” he coolly said. Hhh, where are Krystal and Ye Eun, anyway? “Go change your clothes, we’re getting some fresh air.”

I flashed a satisfactory smile. At least we can get out of this house and go as far as possible from Gaby.

--

Minho and I went with his car. I wanted to drive since he said he was tired from the plane ride, but he didn’t let me to. “Where should we go now?”

“I don’t know,” I mumbled. “Hey, how about your place?”

Minho skeptically glanced at me. “No. I’ve come long way home from Japan only to see my room? No. I miss Seoul.”

I decided to a bit. “SM Entertainment office then...”

He groaned. “______, I’m serious!”

“Hahaha, okay. Sorry. Um, Minho, how about going to...,” an idea popped out in my head. “...a place you never thought you’d go?”

“Like, the White House? Or Mars? Or Bikini Bottom?”

“Yeah like that!” Split second after I said that, Minho judgingly looked at me, so I continued, “Not that complicated, of course. Much simpler one; the cinema.”

“What?!” He shouted in surprise. “No! My managers will eat me if they find it out.”

“Don’t let them find it out,” I simply said.

“B-bb-but,” Minho stuttered. “It’s still dangerous!”

“Loser~” I stuck my tongue out.

“I’m not! OK! We’re going there!” I successfully triggered him~ Yeay, it’s going to be fun! XD

--

... I changed my mind. It’s not really fun. It’s scary. All that Minho did was lowering his cap every five minutes and hiding behind me. He made me nervous.

I told him, “Dude, your actions make everyone even more curious!” and giggle was his response.

Minho and I got our tickets and bought snacks and drinks. After waiting for around fifteen minutes, we came inside the studio as the movie was about to start.

“Oh my, that was thrilling!” Minho said, sounding excited. “We should do this kind of thing more often.” He took off his cap when the light in the studio was turned off.

“You basically just hid behind my mighty figure.”

He laughed. “Mighty?! You’re the most petite person I have ever met! Do you think anyone recognized me?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I doubt that. If they did, they would have gone crazy.”

“I think so too.” Minho amusedly smiled.

We then kept silent and peacefully watched the movie.

--

“Going to public and crowded places is not as bad as I always thought it would be!” Minho squealed like a baby. We were now in his car again. “We should go somewhere more challenging!”

WUUUUUUUD. I swear to you, my initial intention of asking him to go to the cinema was just because I was bored, and it might be a way to shoo the boredom away. WHO KNOWS IF HE WOULD GET ADDICTED TO IT?

“No thanks, Minho,” I coldly said.

Ignoring me, Minho spoke, “Ah, I know, ______. Jongwoon hyung’s place!”

Who is Jongwoon and what kind of place does he have? Before I could ask that, Minho was now on the phone, talking to the so-called Jongwoon hyung. “Yeoboseyo, hyung. It’s Minho. Yes. May I know the address of Handel and Gretel? Yeah, I’m going there. You text me? Okay thank you hyung.”

Handel and Gretel... Handel and Gretel... where did I hear of that place? Oh... OH NO. “Isn’t it Yesung’s coffee shop?” I shouted.

Minho giggled. “Yup, Jongwoon hyung is opening up a new coffee shop.”

“I went there before!” I continued, “We cannot go there. It’s freaking crowded.”

“The more crowded, the better,” Minho calmly said. “Are you afraid, ______? That we might get caught up?”

“Minho!” I shouted. “How could you say that? I’m protecting you here. If anyone recognizes you, we’ll be dead.” I got frustrated. Minho was being way too laid back. Did he not feel worried at all? “Handel and Gretel is full of fangirls. Super Junior fans though. But you’re a public figure too!”

Minho tapped my shoulder and squeezed it. “As long as no one recognizes me, we’ll be fine. Come on, I feel like being in a crowded place.” He flashed a smile. He’s so childish sometimes... I stayed silent.

 


 

Hallooooooooooooooo~ Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing :)))

Some of you guys do not seem to like Gaby, kkk. Do not bash her! >< I personally think that she's just being plainly sane. ______/you are in love, cannot really think straight. Come on, dating Leeteuk is not an easy thing to do. But I would do it if I had the chance though. Lolololololol ;P

Anyway, you might get a bit confused... ______ & Minho are besties. Like, pure besties. ______ likes Leeteuk, and Minho doesn't seem to like _______ (even though no one knows for sure). But be honest to me guys, do you like _______ with Leeteuk or Minho more? Minho has been so sweet and kind since the start. I start to like his character more than what I should hahahahahahahahaha

@odetoblue: yup agreed, but Gaby just felt like she could say that cuz she was ______'s cousin after all, hehe, don't hate her ><

@Aigooo: you'll soon get that kind of scene again! Don't worry, I like that side of him too lololololol

@_tHeeViloNe__: it is, very! XD

@leeteukbaby: yup, he said age difference didn't matter~ Hope what Gaby said won't affect ______! ><

@LilacFairy-Chu: yuuuuuup if she was his age, it would be too easy for them that I wouldn't start writing this story haha

@peacelovehugs: I need kisses too ~.~ I wonder why I haven't put any kissing scenes so far haha, will definitely write it in the next few chappies!

@TheKpopfreak4life: age difference is one of the dilemmas they have to face, how could I erase it haha. It will get better seriously!

@littlefaith: aaaw, thank you so much! XD

@rinrinri: yup, somehow, it's a bit weird for 18 years old to be close to an ahjussi like him... /facepalm