Chapter 32

Two Different Worlds

 

I tried to dial Jung Soo’s phone number again. But it got rejected. I got rejected. Wow. WOW. Okay no, there must be a mistake. I gave him another call... only to get rejected for the second time.

Hahaha, I helplessly laughed. What’s up? Did I miss something? Hello?

Wait, wait, what if he was in some kind of deep or something? What if he was sick or what? My heart beat faster than before. Maybe he didn’t mean to reject my call. Maybe he couldn’t not reject my call?!

I vaguely remembered that I once exchanged phone numbers with Siwon.

Quickly I checked my phone contacts. Siwon, Choi. 0741xxxx. Found it!

Hoping that I’d find something from him, I called Siwon.

“Hi!” a voice friendly greeted me in English. “______? How are you doing?”

Okay cool. Siwon picked up my call. “Hi, I’m good, how about you?” Breaking the ice~

He mumbled, “Me too, but so busy ugh, I want to be with the other members going to Sukira and Simsimtapa tonight.”

They have Sukira together tonight? “Oh, you’re not going with them? Different schedule?” I asked, trying to make him spill a bit more.

Siwon sadly answered, “Yeah, I have to start doing some stuff for my new drama. Cannot make it to the radio stations with them.” He continued, “We did it together last year, but I won’t be there this year.”

He sounded gloomy just because he couldn’t go to radio shows? Ugh, how to make him feel better now? I was never a good adviser! “Uum, there’s another time for it, Siwon oppa...”

Siwon sighed, but a split second after that, he got his optimism back. Thank God. “So, what are you calling me for, little sister?”

I blushed. There was no way that I could tell him I wanted to know how Jung Soo was doing. And judging from what Siwon said, he didn’t seem to be around Jung Soo now. “Just calling to congratulate! Congratulations, Siwon oppa, for winning Music Bank!”

Siwon laughed. “Haha, thank you dear!”

“You looked very handsome!”

“But I bet Teuki hyung looked even more handsome than me.” I swore I could hear him giggle. What is the meaning of this, Choi Siwon.

I just could giggle and tell him, “Uum, guess I gotta go now.”

“Okay, see you later!”

Ha, I didn’t get any information from Siwon besides they would go to Sukira together tonight. And Simsimtapa. A radio show too, I guessed.

Curiosity killed me. I had to know what Jung Soo was up to! But how?!

Seeing him in Sukira was not a choice. s would be there. I could not show up just like that in front of them. Just plainly no.

I let out a heavy sigh. “Should I call him again?” I muttered. It wasn’t the best choice either. I was so curious, but getting back to my senses, Jung Soo rejected my call twice! My girl’s pride! And he didn’t even bother to call me back, nor explain what was with him.

Positive, if Jung Soo didn’t contact me first, then I’d do the same. BUT SERIOUSLY, WHY DID HE DO THAT TO ME?!

--

I guessed it had been four days since that call rejection accident. I wasn’t really sure about it. All that I was certain of was..., I almost failed to survive days without his text and phone calls.

It was different.

Days were odd without it.

It felt incomplete.

I grabbed a bottle of vodka from the fridge and went out to the balcony.

There, I sat and stared at the night sky. Not so many stars, the sky wasn’t clear tonight. Clouds hid all the stars. Gloomy.

I took a sip of my vodka and checked the phone screen. Still no messages or missed calls. Jung Soo, you’re driving me insane. I started to feel so comfortable with all the communication we made that once it was gone, I felt things just were not right.

This was the common mistake I usually made. I got attached to people so easily. A friend told me that I was way too naïve. If I loved, I loved with all my heart, and I was always willing to give everything for the person I loved. I had not made so much stuff for Jung Soo yet, but I definitely would. He was slowly becoming a part of my life. I might be the most awkward person ever, but once I got close to people, I could do the sweetest things towards them.

And this was not what I wanted from Jung Soo. Four days without any contact?

First, it was very unusual of him. He would have always managed to find a time to send me messages. Short, most of the time, but enough to fill my days with happiness.

Second, he rejected my phone calls. Which was not very weird, if I remembered that he used to be a towards me. Refusing to believe it, my logic told me that he was ing again. This led me to an important question: why?

Third, I kept questioning myself: did Jung Soo not miss me or something? That he couldn’t ignore all other things and just contact me for the sake of us? I almost thought that we shared the same feelings, but now I guessed I might need to reconsider it again.

My vodka was finished and I felt like I still needed some more. I wouldn’t get wasted just because of one or two bottle(s) of vodka anyway... So I went downstairs and checked out the fridge. Dayum there was no more of it left. Crappy, really.

Taking my coat from the coat hanger, I quickly stormed out my house and got inside my car.

I drove to the nearest mini market I could find.

Instead of buying vodka, I saw strawberry juice on one of the cabinets. I drank this once with Jung Soo... Being the masochist that I always was, I bought two cans of it.

I stared at the strawberry juice inside my car. The night would have been much, much better if he was here. Or at least, if he contacted me in these past four days.

Sadly I started to drive back home again. I the radio to get rid of the weird silence that occupied my car.

‘You’re listening to 89.1 KBS Cool FM. It’s Teuki again here. Eunhyuk-ssi will come back tomorrow from China. It doesn’t feel the same without him. I went to Handel and Gretel earlier with Yesung, we talked about how the dorm would be so empty tonight. Super Junior M did so well in their Beijing Fanmeeting which ended just now. Siwon, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Henry, Zhoumi, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Hyung is proud of you! Eunhyuk-ssi, please return soon! As for now, let’s listen to this song~ Enjoy!’

His voice.

I finally got to hear that voice again.

The sweetest, most soothing voice ever.

My hands were shaking. I pulled over the car and just listened to the radio.

Oh dear, the long wait was finally over... Listening to him talking was never this amusing, never this interesting. My heart beat faster, and faster as I heard his voice.

Jung Soo kept saying how he didn’t feel comfortable without Eunhyuk’s presence. That was just so funny of him. I never knew that they were that close.

Wait, if Eunhyuk isn’t there... An idea appeared in my mind just like that.

I continued back driving again, but not towards home.

--

I spotted Jung Soo’s white Audi. I was just so lucky. Automatically I parked my car beside his.

Ten more minutes until Sukira was finished. Hhh... I can hardly wait to see his face again.

--

KNOCK, KNOCK.

I ignored the annoying sound.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.

But it got even louder.

Sleepily I opened my eyelids.Hoahm... Where did that irritating sound come? I glanced to right, and left... and I saw Jung Soo, out of my car, knocking impatiently on my car window.

HA HA HA, I FELL ASLEEP WHILE WAITING FOR HIM?! DUH (-_-) THE SHAME, DUDE, UGH.

I opened the door and got out. “Hi, Leeteuk-ssi!” I tried to greet him as cheerful as I could, forgetting the fact that he just caught me sleeping inside my car.

Jung Soo sighed. “What are you doing here?” His voice was cold, unlike the one I heard before on the radio. I sensed something wrong.

“Hahaha,” I laughed awkwardly. The guy in front of me is not Jung Soo. “Stopping by to give you strawberry juice. You like it, don’t you?” I smiled widely.

Jung Soo replied my smile with a bitter facial expression. “Go home now.”

Pardon?

“Go home now and don’t find me.”

Then he walked away, leaving me dumbfounded.

I guess I heard him telling me to go home, but I was sure I heard the wrong words. So what did he say before? Jung Soo was getting inside his car and starting the engine. I gotta stop him and ask what he just said.

My legs moved by itself. His car was slowly moving, and I ran after it, chasing it and knocking on his window. I signaled him to get out of the car.

Jung Soo did. He approached me with a tired face. “Cut it off, okay? I’m not in the mood to play.”

“I’m not playing!” I cried. I tried to sound more commanding or something, but I guess it turned out to be super desperate.

Jung Soo turned away from me. He scowled. “Listen, I don’t want to see you now. You better go home and sleep. Don’t contact me. Don’t see me.”

My heart broke into a million pieces. The atmosphere around me was becoming so heavy. The aura Jung Soo emitted was unfamiliar.

Don’t contact me. Don’t see me. He sounded a lot like Gaby. “Did you by any chance hear something you should not have heard from someone who was close to me?” I was scared, seriously. This was impossible, I knew. Gaby wouldn’t say anything to Jung Soo, she didn’t even know how to contact him. But that thought crossed in my mind anyway.

Jung Soo looked even more irritated than before. Then he shouted in front of my face, “God dammit lady! I didn’t hear anything from other people, I saw it with my own eyes!”

I gasped in shock.

I thought I just had a drop of tear rolling down my cheek, due to utter surprise, because Jung Soo continued with this, “Dammit! Stop crying! Why don’t you just go to Minho’s embrace and stop giving me that sad look cuz I’m done with it!”

What is happening on earth right now?


 

Been kinda long since the last time I wrote about mean Leeteuk~ Hohohoho, I miss him being mean ><

@shiningstarr: yup he's not amused haha

@hyukyung708: correct guess up there lol

@Sujushineebang: this chapter might not have the answer for your question, but it hinted something in the end, aight? XD

@peacelovehugs: seriously i love your spirit kkk~ keep guessing what's on and what's up, okay! <3

@dthannya312: apparently yeaaaaaah XD

@Aigooo: dfhdjgjdghdjhghgghfjkgh your comments are making me so hyped, thank you so much for commenting, you;ll never know how much it actually means for me <3

@LilacFairy-Chu: yes, really! kkk here's an update! XD

Okay you guys... I think this story is gonna be so hella long. We're on chapter 32 and they're still going nowhere lolz. I'm thinking to end it when Teuk's gone for army but idk for sure... if he's gone tomorrow then wuuuuud?! i heard he's going next year tho... but then, will this story end around next year?!?! gaaaaah~ that'll be long kkk ;P omg i should stop i sound as if i'm drunk. or am i?!?!?! ;P haha jk