Speechless

Two Different Worlds

 

“Hyung, are you crazy? She brought you many problems, right? Why would you need her number? Are you out of your mind?” I heard Kyuhyun whispering to Jung Soo as I left the balcony.

I gave him my phone number. No, I had no idea why I did that in the first place. Well, it was only numbers, right? I could just ignore him if he called or texted, something that was pretty impossible for him to do, however...

Minho, who saw me in the living room, said, “Where were you? You missed most of the fun part.”

I smiled at him and cutely replied, “I’ve seen enough fun today.”

It was almost 2 a.m., everyone had to go home (or go back to their own room and sleep, depended on who you were). I glanced at Jung Soo for the last time before I and Minho left. He was looking at me too. I nervously smiled a bit, and he quickly turned around... Eh? Was he the same guy who just asked my number? Darn, it was just numbers, really. Didn’t mean anything. Didn’t mean that he would turn into a nice, mature ahjussi. I should have known that. Phew.

I met Ye Eun at school in the morning. She asked me why I looked so sleepy. Was she kidding?

“I arrived home at 2.30. Dad scolded me at breakfast. I lied to him saying I studied at your place. He didn’t buy my excuse, cuz who on earth studied until 2 in the morning. He said he would cut 20% of my pocket money next week.” Life , suuuuuuucked.

Ye Eun just laughed listening to my story. “Poor you. What happened last night?”

“Cut the crap. Stop pretending like you don’t know. Minho told me everything. How could you do that to me?” I was mad, mad at her.

She laughed again. “I just told him that maybe he needed to bring you there~ Who knew he’d do that~” How could she?! “Hey, did something happen last night?”

“Well, there was surprise, everyone ate cake and we had lots of fun that’s all...” I still pouted.

“Leeteuk oppa didn’t say anything?” She curiously asked.

I didn’t feel like telling it to her now. She’d go crazy. Besides, I had not known what was behind Jung Soo’s actions last night, right? So I shook my head. “Nope. Thankfully, nope.”

This time she was the one who pouted. But not even a millisecond later, a smile started to form in her pretty face again. “Eh, go with me to see him after school, will you? I haven’t properly congratulated him.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Who? Jung Soo? Ah, no. Andwae. Shireo~ Just text him.”

“Nay,” she said. “I don’t have his number. And he probably won’t be here anymore next year, you know, military service stuff. He’s been good to me ever since the first time we met.”

I couldn’t reject her, not with her puppy eyes staring at me. Gah! “I’m just gonna wait in the waiting room, or the cafeteria.”

--

“Is Leeteuk-ssi here?” Ye Eun asked the receptionist girl.

“Yes.”

“May I know where exactly he is?”

“He probably is either in the exercise room, or the recording room.”

“Thanks.”

Ye Eun and I went to the cafeteria. “You sure you’ll be just fine here? Come on, let’s just go with me.”

“No, no. I’m cool here. I’m not seeing him today, okay? No thanks, seriously.”

She sighed. “Okay then... I’m gonna text you once I’m done.” She reluctantly left. I ordered a glass of lemon tea and sat on the nearest chair.

Suddenly my phone rang. Eh, Ye Eun’s done? This fast?

I quickly opened the new message. ‘Don’t go to SM Office too often. It will only cause problems,’ read the message. It was from an unknown number. Eh, WTF?

‘Who is this?’ I instantly replied.

‘Turn around.’ THE PERSON SENDING ME THIS KIND OF MESSAGE IS HERE?! I impulsively turned around. There he was. Two tables away from me. Sitting behind a Macbook Air. Wearing a blue hat, yet I could absolutely recognize who he was.

I gave him an annoyed look, he smirked. I turned around again.

Knowing that I completely ignored him, new message was sent again. ‘Come here.’ Really, this guy...

I abruptly went to his table and sat. “What do you mean, Leeteuk-ssi?”

“I see you around here a lot. There are actually people out there who pays attention on who’s coming inside and outside the building with famous people here. And people can easily recognize you by your appearance,” he was referring to my look, which basically didn’t look any Korean.

“The point, please.” He completely got me on my nerves.

Jung Soo looked me in the eyes. “If Minho is seen being with you too often, it may arise bad rumors in the future. Have some distance.” He made his point. Simple, plain. Yet I suddenly got so mad at him.

I took a breath. “Did you just say that I should stop being friends with him? Look, are you my father? My brother? My boyfriend? My friend? No, right? Don’t just come and act as if you know what’s best for me.”

He blankly stared at me. He blinked once, then continued, “Don’t get it wrong. I’m not protecting you. I’m protecting Minho.”

WHAT DID HE JUST DO TO MY PRIDE. IT’S GOING OUT OF THE DOOR RIGHT NOW. I HATE HIM, NO JOKES. HOW COULD HE ASK FOR MY NUMBER YESTERDAY, AND DOING THIS TO ME NOW?! I took control of myself again. “How could you say that?! You’re not even in his group! Besides, he’s old enough to make a decision by his own! He can go with anyone he wants! And why are you only scolding me, I’m not the only person who goes out with him!” I’m fed up, fed up, FED UP!

Jung Soo suddenly closed my mouth with his left hand. “Keep. It. Low.” He withdrew his hand back and leaned back on the chair. “Aissh! This definitely won’t do. We always end every conversation this way, don’t we? Just forget what I told you earlier!”

I looked at him in disbelief. “I really, completely, entirely don’t understand you, Leeteuk-ssi. Why are you always being like this to me?” I sighed for a more dramatic effect.

He glanced at me. I didn’t know how I looked right now. Sad? Mad? I couldn’t take it any longer. We should not keep doing this forever. His glance slowly turned into a tender stare. This is not good, the gentler he looks, the faster my heart beats. Wait, why is my heart beating faster in the first place? Chillax, ______, take a deep breath.

“I...,” Jung Soo froze for a moment. “I’m sorry, I’ll text you something nicer sometime...” That sentence successfully left me speechless.


 

Hello everyone!

New update! >.<

Heenim's birthday today! ;D ;D ;D

Saranghaeyo Kim Heechul Uyu Bitkkal Kim Heechul! ;P