When Jealousy Gets Over The Top

Noona, I think I love you

Finally the day of the performance came, Namjoon and I still weren’t on talking terms but at least we managed to squeeze in a few practices before the big day.

I took a deep breath as I looked at my reflection in the full-length mirror and adjusted my beanie. I had went shopping a few days before just to get these clothes for the performance but in the end I still bought blackkkk and white…and more black!

[Click here for what Suga is wearing]

I was already backstage getting ready and warming up to prepare for the performance but Namjoon wasn’t here yet.

“Min Yoongi ssi?” The manager of the club called my name.

“Ye!” I replied, raising my eyebrows.

I was already very nervous and the slightest noise was making me jump.

“You’ll be coming on at around 8.30…the DJ will announce your names and then you’ll be given the queue to come on stage.” The manager explained.

“I understand.” I nodded.

“Oh..by the way..I was told you’re a duo? Is your friend Kim Namjoon here with you?” The manager asked.

“Ummmm…I guess he’s running a little late, don’t worry he’ll be here on time.” I said, but the truth was that I didn’t know where Namjoon was and what time he was going to arrive.

“All right…make sure you’re ready. If the performance is a success we’ll be happy to invite the both of you over next time.” The manager said as he left.

I took a deep breath as I started pacing around the room and glancing at the clock every few seconds. This was such a huge opportunity…we couldn’t afford to screw up.

“Please turn up…Joon ah….ur future careers depend on thisss…” I mumbled to myself.

I was depending on Minhee to make sure he gets here too since he refused to talk to me or answer any of my calls.

I sat on the chair and grabbed my knees as the clock striked 8.15. Namjoon should be here by now…but he was still nowhere in sight. I thought my head was gonna burst because all I could here in my head was the loud ticking of the clock.

“Get ready, you’re up next!” One of the stage crew called.

I bit my lip and nodded.

This was it…if Namjoon wasn’t going to come…I was gonna have to perform it myself.

Just then, the door burst open as Minhee came running in.

“Yoongi ah…sorry we’re late…Namjoon and I kinda had a quarrel.” She explained.

“Again?” I hissed.

“I’ll leave you two to get ready…I’ll be cheering you guys on at the audience.” Minhee smiled, holding her fanboard up so I could see.

“Thanks Noona…” I thanked her.

She smiled at me then she turned to go, as she left the room Namjoon came in at the same time.

I could finally heave a sigh of relief as I saw Namjoon…that was probably the first time I was so happy to see him.

“Joon ah…I’m glad you’re here.” I smiled at him.

Namjoon nodded as he started to adjust his clothes and his face.

“Joon ah….today’s an important day for us…so I hope you can put aside whatever problems we have between us and concentrate on the performance…”

“We’ll make sure we do the best we can…oh?” I said, squeezing his shoulder.

I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this, the most important thing right now for us to do was to show everyone how good we are.

“Mmmm..” Namjoon nodded, smiling a little as we knocked our fists together.

“All right guys…you’re up!” One of the members of stage crew called.

Namjoon adjusted his shades as we took a deep breath and stood behind the curtain. I peered out through the hole in the curtain at the excited crowd, I could see some of them were holding fanboards with our stage names on it.

“I didn't know we have so many fans!” I hissed.

“Of course you don’t hyung….I’m always the one keeping track of how many listens our songs are getting…” Namjoon replied.

I smiled at him, this was the first time he really talked to me since we fought the other day.

I was glad there were people out there who actually listened to our music and enjoyed it.

“All right, right now we have a special performance for you…they are two young underground rappers who are aiming to make a name for themselves in the Korean Hip-Hop industry…”

“Please welcome….Suga and Rap Monster!” The Dj announced.

There were some screams and claps from the crowd as Namjoon and I made our way onto the dark stage.

The lights were turned off as we stood in our positions, I glanced at the crowd and spotted Minhee raising her fist in the air and mouthing “hwaiting!”

I grinned at her as the lights and the music started.

[We are bulletproof by BTS]

The screams and claps from the crowd became louder after we finished our performance.

“Gamsahamnida!” Namjoon and I said in unison as we bowed and left the stage.

The DJ some other hip hop music and the both of us proceeded towards the dance floor, because of the number of people that were there we soon got separated from each other.

“Suga Oppa! Suga Oppa!!” I heard someone call my name, I turned around and realized there were three girls behind me.

“Oppa! Your songs are really good…we’ve been listening to your mixtapes online and we’re your fans!” One of them said.

“Oppa! The live performance was awesome!!!” Said the other.

I couldn’t help but smile…I actually had fans!

“Thank you for your support…I’m glad you enjoy our music.” I said.

“Oppa! Can we have your autograph?? Before you get famous!” The girl with straight black hair grinned, holding out a notebook to me.

“Yeah!! We would like your autograph too!” The one with chin length hair joined in.

“Ne! Sure!” I said, giving them my best smile as I took the notebooks from them.

“Yoongi ah!” I heard Minhee’s voice as I looked up from the notebooks I was signing.

“Oh Noona!” I smiled as she stood at my side.

“Ooohh….I can see someone is already famous.” She winked.

I chuckled embarrassedly.

“Oppa! Is this your girlfriend?”

“She’s very pretty, the both of you look good together!” The one with straight black hair said and the others nodded.

“Uhhhh…” I said as Minhee and I looked at each other.

Just then, Namjoon came over.

“She’s my girlfriend actually.” He said, pushing me aside and putting his arm around Minhee.

“OOhh!! Rap Monster oppa! You're so cool! We want your autograph too!!” The girls shrieked as they handed Namjoon their notebooks as well.

Namjoon smiled at them as he finished signing, then he turned to me.

“Hyung, can we talk outside?” He asked.

I frowned at him wondering what he wanted to talk about.

“Come on.” He said, leading me outside.

I nodded cluelessly as I followed him.

Namjoon turned to face me as we stood at the back alley behind the club.

“Joon ah…” I started, but he cut me off.

“Why didn’t you say anything huh?” He said, crossing his arms in front of him.

“Say what??” I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

“Say that Minhee Noona wasn’t your girlfriend!” Namjoon raised his voice.

“What!?” I replied in disbelief.

He was angry at me for not denying that Minhee wasn’t my girlfriend!?

“You heard me!” Namjoon said.

“I didn’t even mean it that way! You said it even before I could react!” I said, trying to defend myself.

“Hyung, I had enough of you!” Namjoon said, grabbing me by my collar.

I widened my eyes at him as he pulled me towards him.

“I saw the way you looked at her on the stage as well! The way you smiled at her!” Namjoon shouted.

“What!? You’re thinking too much!!” I retorted, frowning at him.

“You’re the reason why Noona’s been distancing herself from me lately!!” He screamed, throwing a punch at my face.

I felt a stinging pain at the side of my face as I tumbled to the ground.

“Ughh..” I mumbled as I shook my head and pushed myself up from the floor.

There was a taste of blood in my mouth, I was bleeding.

“Yoongi ah!!” I heard Minhee scream as she ran towards me.

“Yoongi ah…are you okay!?” She asked, grabbing my face in between her hands and looking into my eyes.

My head was still dizzy from the punch and I couldn’t say anything for a moment.

“Andwae!!” Minhee screamed as Namjoon tried to lunge forward at me again.

“You stay away from Yoongi…” She said, moving her body in front of me to block me from Namjoon.

“Noona!” Namjoon shouted angrily.

“Don’t say anything!!” Minhee screamed.

“This is it….we’re over!” She said angrily as she helped me up from the ground and brought me away from Namjoon, not looking back.

I turned my head a little and saw Namjoon kicking a trashcan angrily.

If anyone was to blame for Minhee and his relationship not working out, it was himself.