The New Colleague

Noona, I think I love you

The next morning, Minhee and I went to school together. It had been a while since it was just the two of us walking to school together and I missed this feeling.

Minhee and I were talking happily when we saw Namjoon and stopped in our tracks. He was standing at the gate talking to some other guys.

The smile faded from Namjoon’s face as he looked over at us with a look of grimace on his face.

“Noona, I’ll see you at lunch.” I told Minhee as I grabbed the straps of my backpack and made my way inside the school gate.

“Yoongi ah…you’ll be okay right?” Minhee asked, grabbing my shoulder to stop me.

“I’ll be fine.” I told her, giving a reassuring nod.

Minhee nodded at me as she glanced over at Namjoon then she turned and left towards her school.

Namjoon gave me a last stare as he turned and walked into the school.

“Joon ah!” I called him, grabbing his arm.

Namjoon frowned as he swung his hand out of my grip and turned around to face me.

“What do you want?” He said, staring at me with those cold emotionless eyes of his.

“Look, Joon ah…I’m really sorry about what happened okay? I didn’t want things to turn out this way either…but since it’s over now I hope we can put the past behind us and still be friends..oh?” I said, with a pleading look in my eyes.

Namjoon let out a laugh as he turned his head away from me.

“Friends? I don’t have a friend like you who steals my girlfriend away from me and then acts like he’s all innocent!” He scoffed.

“I didn’t steal her away from you! Come on, we’re not even together!” I tried to defend myself.

“Forget it, I don’t have a hyung like you.” He finished, brushing past my shoulder and walking away.

“Next time we see each other in school we should pretend we don’t know each other.”

I gave a resigned sigh as I threw my arms up in the air, looks like it was going to be a while before Namjoon talked to me again.

I shuffled into class and proceeded to my seat, then I realized the person sitting on the seat beside me wasn’t Namjoon.

It was that disgusting fat guy from our year who everyone shunned cause he was just simply…disgusting.

“Yah, what are you doing here?” I demanded, placing the books on my table.

“Ooh…Namjoon told me to switch places with him.” He mumbled, I swear his breath stinked and I could smell his body odour from where I was standing.

“Greaaattt…” I rolled my eyes as I dragged my table a few inches away from his and slumped down on the seat. Guess I was stuck with this slob for the rest of the day….

Class started and I couldn’t help but notice the disgusting guy beside me was picking his nose and it he wasn’t being discreet about it or anything. He was just openly picking his nose like he was digging for gold or something.

Then in a split second he pulled his finger out of his nose and placed it in his mouth.

My body moved forward as I grabbed my mouth to stop myself from puking, then I stood my textbook on the table to block my view of him and slouched onto the table.

“Lunch period…please come soon…..” I thought.

 

Finally lunch came and I bolted out of the classroom, I couldn’t stand a moment more of being near that disgusting slob.

I went over to the sports field and climbed over the wall to meet Minhee for lunch.

“Yoongi ah!” Minhee called as I landed on my two feet onto the ground.

“Noona!” I replied going over to where she was standing.

“We’ll have to eat in the cooking club room today, the head prefect is patrolling the rooftop.” Minhee explained as we hurried towards where all the clubrooms were.

“Is Namjoon still ignoring you?” Minhee asked as we sat down at the desks.

“Yeahhh…” I mumbled in reply.

“I guess he just needs more time..” Minhee said.

I nodded.

“Yoongi ah cheer up! I’ve got something special for you today.” Minhee grinned as she placed the box she was holding onto the desk.

“Jja jjang!!” She exclaimed as she pulled the top of the box open.

I widened my eyes as I stared inside the box, there were two cans of coffee and some sandwiches wrapped in colorful paper wrappers.

“Whoaaa…” I gasped as I stared at the food.

“Noona, did you make all these by yourself?” I asked, looking up at her.

“Mmmm!” Minhee smiled.

“I got up reaaallly early just to prepare these sandwiches for you Yoongi ah..” She grinned.

“Noona…are you sure you didn’t just buy them?” I teased.

“Yah!” Minhee protested, pouting at me.

“You don’t have to eat them if you don’t want to!” She said, pulling the box away.

“Ahhh ahhh ahhh!! Who says I’m not gonna eat them!” I protested, grabbing the box to stop her from taking it away.

Minhee smiled at me as she took out one of the sandwiches from the box and handed it to me.

“Mmmm..since you were so nice to cheer me up yesterday.” She said.

I grinned at her as I took the sandwich from her and took a huge bite out of it. Noona made those sandwiches for me so it tasted like the best sandwiches on earth!!!

Minhee smiled as she watched me eat.

“Yoongi ah….the flower you gave me yesterday, I kept it!” She said, pulling out her phone.

“Hmmmm?” I said, my mouth full with food.

“Look, I put it in a vase and I took a picture with it yesterday night.” She said, showing her phone to me.

"You know I hate flowers but...this is the first one I've kept..." Minhee smiled.

I smiled as I looked at the picture of her with the vase with the moonflower inside next to her, I felt special because Minhee didn't accept flowers from anyone but she kept the moonflower I gave her in a vase.

“Mmmm…It’s pretty…” I replied.

“What is? Me? Or the Flower?” Minhee grinned, raising her eyebrows at me.

“Hmmmm….Both!” I grinned.

Minhee laughed as she reached over and pinched my cheeks.

“Yoonggiiii ahhhh…you’re sooo cuteee..” She laughed.

“Nooonnaaaa!! I’m eating!” I protested and we laughed together.

It was great to have things between Minhee and I back to normal again….it was just Namjoon now.

“Oh Yoongi ah, there’s gonna be a new staff that’s gonna be transferred to the restaurant today.” Minhee said.

“New staff?” I asked.

“Mmmmmm…the manager at the restaurant said a new staff will be coming over from the branch in Gwanghwamun….I’m excited to see who it is…maybe I can make a new friend.” Minhee said happily.

I nodded and was about to reply when suddenly I heard the door of the cooking club room open.

Minhee and I looked towards the door as three girls walked in.

“Oh, we didn’t know there were people here.” One of them said, looking at Minhee and then they turned to me and realized I was a boy.

“Omo!”

“Yah, isn’t that Suga oppa…” One of them said.

“Do they know me!?”

“Omo! It is!! Oppa! We’re fans of yours!” They said, running over to me.

Minhee and I stood up from out seats and the girls pushed Minhee aside and stood around me.

“We saw your performance at Noise Basement the other day!! You were so cool!!”

“Oppa! Can we be your groupies! We can create a fanclub…Suga Oppa’s fanclub!” They giggled.

I smiled at them, I was kind of enjoying the attention that they were giving me.

“Yah!” Minhee in, pushing the girls aside and standing next to me.

“Yoongi doesn’t need all of you…he already has me! His Number One fan! And I’m the Manager of his fanclub!” Minhee said, crossing her arms in front of her and staring at the girls.

I blushed a little and scratched my head, it was flattering that Noona was calling herself my number one fan.

“Yah! Who are YOU!?” The girls retorted.

“I told you! I’m Suga’s Number One Fan!” Minhee replied.

“Yoongi ah, let’s go!” She said, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the clubroom.

“Oohhh…” I stuttered, stumbling out of the clubroom after her.

“Those annoying brats…” Minhee mumbled to herself as we walked towards the low wall.

“Yoongi ah! If you ever become famous…you’ll remember Noona right!? Oh?” Minhee said raising her eyebrows and grabbing my shoulders.

I smiled at her.

“Noona! Of course….you’re my number one fan!” I winked.

“MmmmM!” Minhee nodded proudly as we said our goodbyes and I got ready to leave.

“See you after school Noona!” I waved, before disappearing behind the wall.

 

Minhee’s pov:

After school, I met Yoongi and he walked me to work.

“Noona hwaiting!” Yoongi said, waving to me as I went up the stairs to the restaurant.

“Oh!” I replied, stopping and waving back at him.

“Let’s go have something nice for dinner after I get off work!” I suggested.

“Mmmm…” Yoongi nodded.

“Bye Noona.”

I proceeded into the restaurant and went to the back room to change into my uniform. Which was a white shirt with a black bowtie and black tailored pants with black apron.

I tied my hair back into a ponytail neatly as I proceeded to the front of the restaurant to gather.

“All right everyone as I’ve told you yesterday, we’ll be having a new colleague working here with us.” The Manager started.

“He had been transferred over from the Gwanghwamun branch.” The Manager said.

My eyes widened as I look curiously at our new colleague, he was tall and slim and he looked around my age. He had dark brown hair and a slim face with large almond shaped eyes. He had a nice sharp nose and full lips as well.

He was handsome and I would totally notice him if I saw him on the streets.

“Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Kim Seokjin….but you can call me Jin…nice to meet you and please take care of me.” He bowed.

“Yahh….he’s cute!!” Chanmi hissed, nudging me in my arm.

I nodded as I looked towards him and we briefly made eye contact and smiled at each other.

“Minhee ssi!” The manager called.

“Ne!” I replied, stepping out from my place.

“You look around the same age as Seokjin so….if you don’t mind help him out with getting familiar with how things work over here.” The manager said.

“Seokjin ssi, if you have any questions you can ask Minhee.” He continued.

Jin smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

“What a nice smile….”

“Happy to work with you Minhee ssi! I look forward to your guidance!” Jin said.

“Come on, I’ll show you where we put the cutlery and wine.” I smiled shyly as the both of us walked together.

Chanmi grabbed my arm as I walked past her.

“Yahh!! You’re so lucky!! Why didn’t Bujangnim choose meee…” Chanmi pouted, looking at Jin who had walked in front already.

“Stop swooning and concentrate on your work.” I chuckled as I went over to where Jin was.

“This way.” I smiled at him as I brought him to the cutlery cupboard.

Looks like there was something for me to look forward to when I go to work now!

 

A/n: I introduced Jin in this chapter!! What do you think? ^^

P.S. I'm thinking of adding another female character in my fic, you know to like make Minhee jealous and stuff and maybe make my fic more interesting? But I'm not sure so, I'll let you guys decide! Please vote!!! You can find the poll in the forward! Thanks! ♥