Caught In Between

Noona, I think I love you

A/n: Sorry if this chapter is a little boring...the next one will be more interesting! ^^

 

“Noona, are you okay?” I asked, as I handed Minhee a mug of hot chocolate.

I had brought her straight home and she had showered and changed and was sitting on the couch with a blanket over her shoulders.

“I’m fine..” She replied as she took the mug from me and drank from it.

But I could see from her face that she had a lot on her mind. She was probably still upset about her quarrel with Namjoon earlier.

“What happened?” I asked curiously, I wanted to know what really happened.

“Namjoon fought with a customer at the restaurant because he accidentally touched my hand….he kept saying that the man was trying to take advantage of me and he was just trying to protect me…”

“So I pulled him outside before it could get any worse and we quarreled…he even said he didn’t like me working there and asked me to quit…” Minhee explained.

“Yoongi ah…is Namjoon being so jealous normal? I keep feeling he’s being too over protective and controlling and he gets jealous easily…is that normal?” Minhee asked, with a worried look on her face.

“Noona…this is the first time Namjoon’s been in a relationship…so naturally he’ll be a little overprotective and maybe sometimes he’ll do things that make you unhappy….but just give him some time…I believe if he really loves you he’ll change for you.” I told her, giving a smile to assure her.

I wasn’t really good at giving advice, I was more of a listener but I hoped what I said would make Minhee feel a little better.

“Gomawo Yoongi ah…” Minhee smiled, taking my hand.

“I wouldn’t know what to do if you weren’t here.” She said.

Just then, there was a loud knock on the door.

Minhee and I turned our heads and looked towards the direction of the door, both of us thinking who it might be.

Minhee had a worried look on her face as she looked towards me, the knocking was getting louder and more aggressive.

“I’ll get it.” I told her as I got up from the couch and walked towards the front door.

I pressed my face against the door as I looked out of the peephole.

It was Namjoon and he didn’t look happy at all.

I took a deep breath as I wrapped my fingers around the doorknob and pulled the door open.

Namjoon frowned at me as he saw me standing in the doorway.

“What are you doing in my girlfriend’s house!?” He demanded, shoving me inside.

I tumbled backwards into the house as I tried to stable myself and Namjoon closed the door behind me.

“Namjoon ah…” Minhee stammered as she got up from the couch and looked towards him.

“Noona, what’s he doing here??” Namjoon demanded, walking towards her.

I stepped in front of Minhee and blocked Namjoon’s way as he approached her.

“I brought her back home…what do you think? Was I supposed to leave her alone after what happened just now??” I said, staring at Namjoon and standing my ground.

“I told you what happens between Minhee and I is our business didn’t I?! I told you not to in didn’t I!?” Namjoon shouted, grabbing me by my collar.

“Namjoon ah! Stop this! Don’t hurt Yoongi!” Minhee shouted.

“Noona! Why do you care so much about him!?”

“What were you telling her when I wasn’t here huh!? Were you trying to make her go against me?? You’re trying to come between us aren't you…you want to steal her away from me!” Namjoon continued.

“Listen to yourself, do you even know what you’re saying!?” I shouted, throwing his arms off me.

“Noona, stay here…we'll settle this outside.” I said as I grabbed Namjoon and pulled him out of the house with me.

We went to the rooftop to settle our fight.

“Joon ah, don’t be ridiculous….I knew Minhee first…if I ever wanted to steal her away from you why would I need to wait till the both of your became a couple.” I said, trying to reason with him.

“Then you shouldn’t have been there when we were quarreling! You’re always there when you’re not supposed to be…it’s obvious you’re trying to make me look like the bad guy!”

“You can’t tell me not to care when you hurt her and made her cry!”

“Hyung, I’ll give you one last chance…will you promise to stay out of our affairs from now on? Promise me a situation like today won’t happen again…you won’t see Minhee alone anymore and you won’t do anything that will make me suspect you.”

“Promise me that hyung…and we can go back to being friends like we used to be.” Namjoon finished, looking at me for an answer.

“I’m sorry I can’t promise you that…she’s just as important to me as she is to you…so why don’t you do your job properly as a boyfriend..then there wouldn’t be any more situations like today.” I replied as I brushed past him and walked away.

Minhee’s pov:

I was pacing around my house nervously, wondering what the two boys were doing upstairs on the rooftop.

What if Namjoon got angry again and hurt Yoongi…

I was still thinking about it when suddenly the door opened.

“Yoongi ah!” I said, turning towards the door but I realized it was Namjoon who came in.

“Yoongi? You were hoping to see him instead of me?” Namjoon asked, staring at me.

“Is he that important to you!? Is he more important to you than me?!” He was raising his voice again.

“Namjoon ah…I don’t think I can talk to you right now…You have to go.” I said, pushing him towards the door.

“Noona!” Namjoon protested, but I pushed him outside.

“Get out!” I said, slamming the door in his face.

Then I collapsed on the couch and started sobbing.

 

Later that night, I got a call from Yoongi.

“Yoongi ah…” I answered.

“Noona, are you okay? I’m sorry I disappeared like that just now…Namjoon was really pissing me off.” He explained.

“It’s okay….” I smiled.

“Did he hurt you or anything?” I asked.

“Nah, I’m fine…but I don’t think we’ll be talking to each other anytime soon.” He said.

I sighed.

“Yoongi ah…mianhae…if it wasn’t for me the both of you would’ve been just fine.”

“Noona, it’s not your fault…” Yoongi replied.

“If Namjoon tries to hurt you again let me know all right? I’ll make sure I kick his …” Yoongi said.

I laughed, I felt so much better after hearing Yoongi’s voice. He was always there for me when I needed someone the most.

“Noona…it’s late already, you should get some rest.” Yoongi suggested.

“Mmmm…Yoongi ah…thanks again..” I replied.

“Noona, you don’t have to thank me…what are friends for?”

“Good night…Yoongi ah..” I said.

“Good night…” He replied as we hung up.

I smiled as I placed my phone on the bedside table and lay down to sleep.

Hopefully tomorrow would be a better day.

 

Suga’s pov:

The next few days at school were awkward; Namjoon and I weren’t talking to each other at all. We ignored each other most of the time and pretended we didn’t know each other.

There were only two days left till the performance at Noise Basement and we had only practiced our routine together once!

The last time we practiced dancing and rapping together was before he and Minhee became a couple.

I was worried that our performance might turn into a disaster…or even that he might not turn up. Thinking about all the possible situations about how our performance might screw up was giving me a headache! But I didn’t want to talk to Namjoon…not after what happened that day.

I sighed as I buried my head in my arms, I didn’t know what I was supposed to do.

Later, I decided to call Minhee to get her to talk Namjoon around so maybe he would come to practice with me. It was my last hope…..if not I could just forget about performing at Noise Basement altogether.

“Noona…”

“Oh, Yoongi ah…what’s up?”

“You know how Joon and I are supposed to perform at Noise Basement right…?” I asked.

“Uh huh…” Minhee replied.

“Well you also know how…Joon and I aren’t speaking to each other right?” I asked again.

“Uh huh…”

“I was wondering if you could….” I was going to say but Minhee knew what I was going to ask.

“You want me to talk to Namjoon and ask him to practice with you right?” She replied.

“Mmmmm…” I nodded.

Minhee laughed.

“All right…I’ll try my best to talk to him…” She said.

“Thanks Noona!” I replied as we hung up.

Now I just had to cross my fingers and hope Namjoon will turn up at the dance room.

I placed my phone near my bag and started practicing my dance moves and lines while looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I kept looking at the clock, a few hours had already past but Namjoon wasn’t here yet. I was beginning to doubt that he was going to come.

I went to my bag and grabbed my water bottle, I was about to drink from it when suddenly the door of the dance room opened and Namjoon walked in.

A smile spread across my face as I lowered the bottle from my mouth and placed it back onto the bench.

“Joon ah!” I exclaimed happily.

Namjoon walked towards the bench without saying anything. He placed his bag onto the bench and took off his shades.

“Don’t be too happy….I came here only because Minhee asked me to...and the performance is important to me too..” Namjoon mumbled.

“Gomawo…” I thanked him, patting him on his shoulder.

“So which part do you want to practice first?” I asked excitedly.

We had to make the performance a good one.